Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 30, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #1,186 of 4,535
I still don't get it. The longer I listen, the more problems I hear, they sound so hollow and platicky on some tracks. Like on the intro to Lemon to a knife fight - The wombats, the driver is confused within its cup, maybe dampinh would help. Background is just too brittle and bright.

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #1,188 of 4,535
Yeah, I just ordered 3 . . . spill it man, while I can still cancel :p
Wow - 3? How many will that be total? Are all of them for you or these the gifts you wrote about?
Since you are clearly a Pro 82 superfan, I'll ask TakstarAudio to grandfather you in, don't worry.

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #1,189 of 4,535
That will be 4 in total :). I've loved how comfy they were already, am sold by how much better I feel I can experience the different parts in the music with the IDEA hooked up, and I don't like forgetting them at home/work. And besides, I got my wife hooked. So I guess.. I'm ordering 2 for myself *headscratch. . . . . .*

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #1,190 of 4,535
Great, they're lowering the price AFTER I buy 4 of them... sigh.

Oh well, still a bargain at what I paid.

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #1,194 of 4,535
Still waiting on my Pro 82's to arrive and have been looking more into getting the recommended EL-D01 and FIIO E06 combo but I can only seem to find the FIIO A1, which is apparently the successor, for sale on the UK ebay and its around £25. Is that worth getting?

Jan 31, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #1,197 of 4,535
Here we go!

A Chinese New Year celebration for Pro 82/SMSL Idea/Ostry KC09 buyers at Takstar Audio!
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...g-game-stereo-headset/314156_32808454492.html
Anyone who purchases one of the participating items using the Head-Fi discount (see first post for details) between 00:00 PST Jan 31 and 23:59 PST Feb 20, will enter a lottery.
When you place an order, you have to write in the order message "Head-Fi" to get the usual Head-Fi discount, and then your Head-Fi nickname and one of the 3 possible prizes (whichever one you would like to receive in case you win):
1) Ostry KC09 (100$ value)
2) SMSL Idea (86$ value) - choose red/grey/black color
3) Pro 82 with case (81$ value) - choose black or silver color
(Although the prize is Pro 82 with the case, buying Pro 82 without the case still entitles you to enter the lottery).

At the end of the lottery period, TakstarAudio will randomly choose one buyer (Edit Feb 5) three buyers and send him/her them the chosen prizes.
Important: if you buy multiple items, you will get multiple chances to win the lottery.

For discounted prices on Pro 82 and SMSL Idea (including bundles) - please see the first post.
Head-Fi discount for Ostry KC09 is 14$ - so the Head-Fi price is 86$ (when using free shipping) instead of 100$.

Only Head-Fi members will participate in this lottery!

There are no strings attached - you don't have to post a review of the item you'll win.
Would be nice if the winners chime in over here when they receive the prize - just so there is no doubt that it's all good.

P.S. Don't ask me why they added KC09 - it is a great IEM though.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #1,198 of 4,535
Here we go!

A Chinese New Year celebration for Pro 82/SMSL Idea/Ostry KC09 buyers at Takstar Audio!
Anyone who purchases one of the participating items using the Head-Fi discount (see first post for details) between 00:00 PST Jan 31 and 23:59 PST Feb 20, will enter a lottery.
When you place an order, you have to write in the order message "Head-Fi" to get the usual Head-Fi discount, and then your Head-Fi nickname and one of the 3 possible prizes (whichever one you would like to receive in case you win):
1) Ostry KC09 (100$ value)
2) SMSL Idea (86$ value) - choose red/grey/black color
3) Pro 82 with case (81$ value) - choose black or silver color

At the end of the lottery period, TakstarAudio will randomly choose one buyer and send him/her the chosen prize.
Important: if you buy multiple items, you will get multiple chances to win the lottery.

For discounted prices on Pro 82 and SMSL Idea (including bundles) - please see the first post.
Head-Fi discount for Ostry KC09 is 14$ - so the Head-Fi price is 86$ (when using free shipping) instead of 100$.

Only Head-Fi members will participate in this lottery!

There are no strings attached - you don't have to post a review of the item you'll win.
Would be nice if the winner chimes in over here when they receive the prize - just so there is no doubt that it's all good.

P.S. Don't ask me why they added KC09 - it is a great IEM though.
With your earlier post you got me excited. I hoped (wished :blush:) for "2.5 mm balanced cable for Pro 82" and/or "Boom Pro sort of microphone cable" for Pro 82 from Takstar. To be honest this lottery is a bit underwhelming. This way only one guy will get the benefit. I would have preferred extra sale for all buyers.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #1,199 of 4,535
With your earlier post you got me excited. I hoped (wished :blush:) for "2.5 mm balanced cable for Pro 82" and/or "Boom Pro sort of microphone cable" for Pro 82 from Takstar. To be honest this lottery is a bit underwhelming. This way only one guy will get the benefit. I would have preferred extra sale for all buyers.
Let's say they would have taken 100$ of KC09 (the most expensive prize) and divided it as an extra discount among all the buyers in these 3 weeks.
That would be a 2-3$ discount tops - would changing a 65$ price to 62-63$ really make a difference in anyone's purchasing decision?
Plus, there are always other stores, that sell even cheaper to attract buyers (at price of customer service/packaging).
And let's not forget - Pro 82 is already discounted 80-90% from where it should be :jecklinsmile:
No one can take that discount away from us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back