Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Jan 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #1,906 of 2,336

Quote:
Ohhh, employee advantage wow, I had not thought about this either (I'll start sounding like a guy who doesn't think, lol).

Yes, I'm making it sound dramatic but most sellers who considered me as a real customer (and not just a wannabe an audiophile kid, even though that was pretty much the case 5 months ago when I craved for a Grado headphone just for the look of it) were aware that Grado Labs' Canadian MSRPs had been the same for ages and told me the Grado distributors and Grado still hadn't bothered to adapt their pricelist to our current time and economy, where the Canadian dollar is worth just as much as the US one, most of the time.

Almost all of the employees and "shop's Grado expert" ("Hello, I would like to know if you guys sell the Grado Labs SR325is, I want the chromed 2011 one... or maybe a RS1i, too, because I haven't decided on which one yet" "Oh wait a second I'll go ask my headphone guy") I've talked to empathically told me to come and ask them for a better (normaler) price, that they were flexible enough to give it to me.

Denis Leblanc? Danny Leblanc? Diane (wow) Leblanc? Hehe I'll see if I can find you one day. Soon I want to tour around all those stores in Montréal (now that I can actually hear differences between headphones, and describe how I think it feels), with me my favorite CD to demo headphones. I'll be the guy with a... hum, SR325i around the neck (as a starting point / reference... but I hesitated in employing the word "reference" just here)... or maybe a very plain looking T50RP (that is in reality a modded powerhouse :D ).

Yeah a T50RP. Grado's doesn't isolate well enough and the drivers are exposed if it starts to rain... or snow.

Well, if you're looking for a chromed 325i we sell'em, not sure if you're willing to pay the price for it though! It's funny, I have chromed ms2i's and modded t50rp's myself, as well as a few other phones. Oh and I'm about your age, a bit younger actually :p

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 15, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #1,909 of 2,336
I wish someone had all the different versions on hand to do a nice comparison review or impressions :)

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #1,910 of 2,336

Quote:
V4 wins.
Mind you, I love the v3.5 driver in all wood, but full magnum v4 has more accurate highs and is better with sibilant recordings.

true!!! V4 is a clear improvement compared to the 3.5 and the end of the line(?)
rolleyes.gif

Jan 16, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #1,912 of 2,336

Quote:
Both V3.5  and V4 are great.
V4 is better in extension , soundstage, smooth flowing
V3.5 is also very good, may be better for rock and pop

Dear Kiertijai, you have both.
i ask to you: which you recommend to a person?3.5 or 4.0?
tongue.gif

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #1,913 of 2,336

Quote:
Can't wait to see newer pictures of the Magnums.

A black SR325 with black metal gimbals and "black drivers" (I should say "black mesh for the drivers" but don't we all say "pink drivers"? :p ) would be the stealthiest and the most badass looking Grado... almost entirely made out of metal.

I should receive my all black Magnum325  tomorrow or the day after, will post some pics.

Jan 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #1,916 of 2,336

Quote:
Hey Guys!
I would to know which kind of cushion you use.
I have tried all kind, flat/L/G, and I prefer the G one and you?
Thank's,

Matteo

I would like to know this as well. I really like my homemade jumbos, but I have no idea how these will compare with the G-cush. What are the differences between the TTVJ, L, G, and S-Cush (and the Senn 414 pads too)?

Jan 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #1,917 of 2,336

Quote:
Hey Guys!
I would to know which kind of cushion you use.
I have tried all kind, flat/L/G, and I prefer the G one and you?
Thank's,

Matteo

you know mine
biggrin.gif

un abbraccio a un simpaticone!!!

Jan 19, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #1,920 of 2,336
Dear Kiertijai, you have both.
i ask to you: which you recommend to a person?3.5 or 4.0
   Dear Aldo, sorry for the delayed response.  It depends on the music genre of that person.
Both of them are really good.   Overall I should say 4.0 and I have compared that to the borrowed PS500
it beats the PS500 in every aspects.  I am now using both of them.  The V4 with my desktop amplifier
and V3.5 with my Iphone 4S portable.  I play rock and pop music with my iphone during driving and
V3.5 is an open can so it does not interfere with my driving and keeps me awake during long hour driving in Bangkok
I can also answer my call easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back