Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Jan 29, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #1,082 of 2,336
Amplification requirements are the same from what I can tell.  However, they scale well with the quality of gear you own.

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #1,083 of 2,336
At this rate, the V4s when and if they are released, will be completely Rhydon-designed. IE: Since he is getting a machinist working on gimbals etc, why not go the whole hog and do the housing etc.

Feb 1, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #1,085 of 2,336
I wont have mine for a couple of weeks or more at least.

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #1,086 of 2,336
 Does anyone have V3's yet?

My impression is that the V1's were a little bass-lite, and the V2 were a little bass-ful, and the V3 is some where in between.

??

Feb 2, 2011 at 5:35 AM Post #1,087 of 2,336
The V1s to me sounded like high-fidelity 325is.  The V2s sound like high-fidelity HF-1s.  I've planned something a bit exotic for my V3s, but I'll wait till they arrive and take pics.

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #1,088 of 2,336
Ok, well I now know another reason why so many of you have so many sets of phones - my 325's were my only good set, it's only been a week or two since I shipped them out and now I'm going nuts. 

To make the wait worse and because I thought my E9 may no longer be the best fit for magnum 325's I ordered a MAD Ear+ HD.

Feb 17, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #1,091 of 2,336
I'm waiting on a cable to be received, as I'm going a bit nuts with this order.

Feb 22, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #1,094 of 2,336
Yeah, this most recent delay is now making me feel like an idiot, quite frankly. My friends whom I have told about this product are continuing to tell me how badly I'm getting scammed. A third of a year wait for a pair of headphones I was initially promised to have in a few weeks is, well, frankly embarrassing.

I am right on the brink of requesting for a refund and saving up a few hundred more for a pair of LCD-2s.

Feb 23, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #1,095 of 2,336
raiser roofer: There quite a few manufacturers on Head-Fi that have developed new headphones recently.  You'll notice, most often with the small manfacturers, that they tend to have delay after delay after delay. The reason for this is, they usually have to coordinate manfacturing or acqusition of parts from half a dozen different companies just to build their products. Have a delay from one, or a single issue with your own work and everything falls apart. The change of specs, error or fault in a single part can screw up an entire design. I put in to purchase the HD-800s from Sennheiser when they were first available for pre-order, and THEY were delayed due to production issues and Sennheiser is not a small company at all.  It's easy to forget these types of headphones are not just off-the-shelf stock which can be sent in a couple of days, but entirely new designs which have to be developed, sufficient part supply acquired, manufactured, tested, refined when issues are found, maybe re-designed again and re-manufactured sometimes. While Sennheiser has a team to do this, Rhydon is a single guy who also has a full-time job to take care of while he designs and makes headphones.

So far, I've waited about 2 years for, respectively: the HD-800s, HF-2s, V1 Magnums, V2 Magnums, Pico Slim and LCD-2s, all of which were delayed, sometimes multiple times, and all were very worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back