Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Jan 11, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #1,051 of 2,336
Listening to

Regina Spektor -- I Want To Sing

and it sounds like she's here in the room. It's pretty amazing.

I asked Rhydon what they did to get it to sound like this and he said he was going to make a post here talking about the improvements sometime soon....

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #1,057 of 2,336
@ Rhydon

Will you be offering V2 customers the option of UPGRADING to the V3? 

You previously offered this service to V1 owners and I took it up. Seeing as you released three versions of the driver in 1.5 years, it'd be nice to get the latest one.

Thanks!

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #1,058 of 2,336

Quote:
Sorry if this was already answered before, but did Rhydon mentioned if all new orders placed online will have the V3 implementation?

Hurry and order the V3 so that I can buy it at a discount from you when you get bored with it...in say, two weeks?

Jan 18, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #1,060 of 2,336
If you would like to upgrade to V3 spec email me and we might be able to work something out.

Quote:
@ Rhydon

Will you be offering V2 customers the option of UPGRADING to the V3? 

You previously offered this service to V1 owners and I took it up. Seeing as you released three versions of the driver in 1.5 years, it'd be nice to get the latest one.

Thanks!

Jan 18, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #1,061 of 2,336
People bang on about how overwhelming the bass on the V2s are. This isn't entirely true. It booms COMPARED to the V1s. I think that the bass issue is greatly exaggerated and has become almost an accepted fact here.

It's not. The bass is deep but not overwhelming. It doesn't boom at all. It settles and becomes more refined after 100-200 hours of burn-in.

If bass is an issue for users of the V2, I suspect that this can be reduced somewhat by plugging up one or even two of the vent holes in the driver. I haven't tried this yet because the bass isn't problematic.

I have however, emailed Rhydon and asked about a V3 upgrade.

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #1,062 of 2,336
I'm not sure if I got used to the bass (I switched to LCD-2s from HD-800s recently as well) or it did become more refined with use, but I find the tonal balance of the V2s to be spot-on between giving enough body to the music (enough mid-bass) yet not being wildly overbearing in any area.  Someone who was used to, say, Denons, might find them mid-forward relatively.

Jan 27, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #1,063 of 2,336
Well, after thinking about it for about 6 months I finally decided to have my 325is's magnum-tized. 

I was actually going to go the $199 light version but it now costs $300 so there didn't seem to be any point in that now.  It was still hard to pay over $400 to mod a $300 set of headphones (plus another $40 for shipping) but I can't wait to hear them.

It sounds like there have been quite a few V3 updates- new gimbals etc. Rhydon said he would update the site to indicate all the changes soon and that we would all be impressed by the changes.  If anyone was looking into it he also said there were only 2 openings left for this round of mods and I got one of those about a week ago.  It may already be closed out now...

Has anyone reported results yet from using 60's or 80's yet?

Do we have any idea how many mods have been done so far?

Jan 27, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #1,064 of 2,336
$400.00 is a lot of money but you get something handmade to a high standard and I don't think Rhydon is making much out of it.
It costs $2000 to mod a pair of HP1000- the only other all metal Grado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back