Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Dec 11, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #316 of 2,336
This thread is starting to sound like the early HD-800 threads.

Dec 11, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #317 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread is starting to sound like the early HD-800 threads.

Uuuh, can't wait?
tongue.gif

Dec 18, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #320 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to the website "we extract the existing drivers and carefully mill away excess plastic until we are left with the exposed driver surface".

That's what it says, but it's not what he does. He already sent the stock drivers back to some people. Has he told anyone what driver he actually uses?

Dec 18, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #321 of 2,336
We were only told that the existing drivers would be carefully milled................... etc.

The only reason we know otherwise is the way you do, i.e., delays in production have led to offers for the the Magnums with the original stock drivers.

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #322 of 2,336
You guys just need to give the Steorn Orbo-- uh, sorry, Magnum upgrades-- a little more time! And money. That too!

Dec 19, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #323 of 2,336
This just in (though all customers will surely have received the email I imagine):

Quote:

Magnum customers,

All headphones and driver upgrade kits will be shipping on the 29th of this month.

Thank you.

Rhydon Rayment

Dec 21, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #324 of 2,336
Quote:

This just in (though all customers will surely have received the email I imagine):

I was just looking at your quoted email and thought I'd add this one that's dated 21st Sept 2009.

Quote:

We have received the material and are now preparing the ear-cups for masking. Headphones are all expected to ship this week. Please keep an eye open for tracking information.

The thing about it is that it's been 3 months. Really not that long on the face of it. However, the recent chain of events demonstrate how anxiety and concern can make the time seem so long and drawn out.

At this juncture, I'll be relieved only when I actually see mine.

Happy Holidays to everyone!!
beerchug.gif

Dec 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #325 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by aimlink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just looking at your quoted email and thought I'd add this one that's dated 21st Sept 2009.

The thing about it is that it's been 3 months. Really not that long on the face of it. However, the recent chain of events demonstrate how anxiety and concern can make the time seem so long and drawn out.

At this juncture, I'll be relieved only when I actually see mine.

Happy Holidays to everyone!!
beerchug.gif

Seems a logical assessment given the circumstances.

Dec 30, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #326 of 2,336
I got a shipment notification and on checking with Canada Post, I see what I had not seen in the past:

2009/12/3012:13NIAGARA ON THE LAKEItem accepted at the Post Office

rather than just:

2009/12/2914:44NIAGARA ON THE LAKEAn order has been electronically submitted

This is looking interesting. I'll let you all know when I get them and even moreso, what I think of them. I haven't listened to the SR325is for so long that it will be difficult to make truthful comparisons, but I'll do my best. I do recall some problem areas with them especially with some groups and particular CD's. I'm interested to see how they shape up with this upgrade.

Dec 30, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #327 of 2,336
Yup it looks official. The Magnums are on the way! Hopefully, I'll get them by early next week. I hardly remember what a stock SR325i sounds like anymore. I still my RS1 and HF2 for comparisons though (wish I had a HP2 on hand).
happy_face1.gif

Dec 31, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #328 of 2,336
I'll do a before-and-after with the drivers, once they arrive. I'm guessing since they were posted just before the new year, and since that extends to the 3rd here, I'll get them sometime by the end of the first week of Jan.

Dec 31, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #329 of 2,336
Quote:

I'll do a before-and-after with the drivers, once they arrive. I'm guessing since they were posted just before the new year, and since that extends to the 3rd here, I'll get them sometime by the end of the first week of Jan.

Looking forward to the reviews...
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back