Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Dec 4, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #302 of 2,336
The last update I received was on Nov 16th. There was hope that we'd be getting our Magnums before Christmas. I haven't heard anything since.

Dec 8, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #303 of 2,336
Any news now on December? Are things improving or things still stuck where they were?

Dec 9, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #304 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any news now on December? Are things improving or things still stuck where they were?

I got an update to the effect that they were unto a solution with which they were well pleased and that we can look forward to our cans by the end of December. I'm genuinely not particularly holding my breath on that one. I doubt that I'll wait beyond the new year. I'll ask for a refund. Not even the Magnums without the upgraded drivers.

Dec 9, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #305 of 2,336
Christmas shipping might kill that. If the drivers come early January I wont be unhappy.

Dec 9, 2009 at 9:29 AM Post #306 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Christmas shipping might kill that. If the drivers come early January I wont be unhappy.

I would...I think we gave more than enough time for the drivers to be ready by Christmas.

Dec 10, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #307 of 2,336
It sounds like refunds should be in order for ALL customers and the players need to take their ball and go home. Sure glad I didn't order these as initially planned.

Dec 10, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #308 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sounds like refunds should be in order for ALL customers and the players need to take their ball and go home. Sure glad I didn't order these as initially planned.

Why? If he comes through with the drivers, then there is no problem. Having shipped me the headphones (with stock drivers) I can see that, indeed, he has come so far. The real test will be the driver, as currently a much better one is needed to deliver on speed and the right tonal balance, as the stock one is, well, a 325 driver which is only good in some respects.

Dec 10, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #309 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why? If he comes through with the drivers, then there is no problem. Having shipped me the headphones (with stock drivers) I can see that, indeed, he has come so far. The real test will be the driver, as currently a much better one is needed to deliver on speed and the right tonal balance, as the stock one is, well, a 325 driver which is only good in some respects.

Will redoping the stock driver deliver on all that you mention?

This is still left to be witnessed. Also, why suddenly the 325is driver is only good in some respects. The 325is sound is more than just about the driver, isn't it? The new driver may amount to a sidestep in sound.

I'll certainly not be listening with a biased ear in favour of these Magnums. It's now gone past the threshold of what I'd consider a reasonable delivery time. If I'm NOT indifferent, I guess my opinion will be tainted as it would the other way around. It'll add some balance to some of the others here.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #310 of 2,336
I knew something was up when I saw the claims being made about canada post and the fact that those claims didn't square with what people's tracking info was saying.

It does seem strange to take payment for a product that doesn't exist and then develop that product months after it was supposed to have shipped to buyers. Essentially people have bought vaporware. Whether an actual product materializes at some point remains to be seen.

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #311 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I knew something was up when I saw the claims being made about canada post and the fact that those claims didn't square with what people's tracking info was saying.

It does seem strange to take payment for a product that doesn't exist and then develop that product months after it was supposed to have shipped to buyers. Essentially people have bought vaporware. Whether an actual product materializes at some point remains to be seen.

Pretty much sums it up. Although he did come up with some nice Gimbals and driver holders.

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #312 of 2,336
Same here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure glad I didn't order these as initially planned.

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #313 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by jigster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I concur. Since he's offering a refund, I'd like to think that as a positive.

But has ANYONE even received a refund???

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #314 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by aimlink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will redoping the stock driver deliver on all that you mention?

According to the website "we extract the existing drivers and carefully mill away excess plastic until we are left with the exposed driver surface" and you can see from the pictures that the driver coverings are replaced, meaning its not just the doping thats missing from the final product.

I know that Rhydons been developing this product for over 3 years. I know this because I talked to him about it back then. So I personally don't agree that he used the pre-order money to fund development.

Biggie.

Dec 11, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #315 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to the website "we extract the existing drivers and carefully mill away excess plastic until we are left with the exposed driver surface" and you can see from the pictures that the driver coverings are replaced, meaning its not just the doping thats missing from the final product.

I know that Rhydons been developing this product for over 3 years. I know this because I talked to him about it back then. So I personally don't agree that he used the pre-order money to fund development.

Biggie.

Well, I don't think it's an unreasonable conclusion to say he was/is selling a product that doesn't exist. If it exists, why doesn't someone own one? Just one?

The other thing is that if he's having whatever problems he's having, the fact he can't consummate the deal does not speak well for the longevity of the Doping once it's delivered. Is it never going to "set", or will it crack and flake off making the drivers go crap in 6 months. Credibility is like sands through the Hourglass...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back