Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Jun 2, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #2,142 of 2,336
Just sent a email to Rhydon and I'm praying real hard, lol.

That he will have left parts to transform my MS2i body into a Full Magnum... never saw this coming, I was expecting more operation time for Symphones, eventually a V5.0 driver or something, and not the end already!

Man I don't even have 400 dollars... but I've been interested and desirous to own a Full Magnum since driver V2 in past September. Hope I'm not too late!

When I sent mine in, he said he had about 12 full Magnums left and then he was done.

MAN THAT WAS TWO WEEKS AGO.... HAHAHANONONONONO

Jun 2, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #2,143 of 2,336
If you do the full Magnum, be wary before you move the rods up and down. Rhydon's rod blocks, while substantially better made than Grados, are slightly wider. Grados are so narrow that the rod holder on the headband is frequently glued on not-so-straight. As a result, when you get the bigger rod blocks they can do some damage to the headband. So, before you use them just make sure that you check that and adjust the rod holders accordingly. It just means a little bit of pivoting that is not a big deal at all.

Jun 2, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #2,144 of 2,336
Quote:
If you do the full Magnum, be wary before you move the rods up and down. Rhydon's rod blocks, while substantially better made than Grados, are slightly wider. Grados are so narrow that the rod holder on the headband is frequently glued on not-so-straight. As a result, when you get the bigger rod blocks they can do some damage to the headband. So, before you use them just make sure that you check that and adjust the rod holders accordingly. It just means a little bit of pivoting that is not a big deal at all.

Thank you for the tip! I will watch out for this, if I manage to get one of the last pairs he will (ever?) make :/ :/ !

I remember reading you when you first posted about this issue also :wink:.

Rhydon's gimbals*, he uses stock Grado rodblocks. Gimbals are the gyroscopic rings that allow your cups to pivot and swivel/rotate

Jun 2, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #2,145 of 2,336
Sorry, I may have used the wrong terminology. By rod blocks, I meant the very tiny little bit of plastic glued to the top of Grado gimbals. I have no clue what to call them. Rhydon's are aluminum and slightly larger. I should post some pictures, I went for the all black build and it looks amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back