Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Dec 3, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #1,713 of 2,336

Quote:

2011/12/02 20:15   International shipment has arrived in a foreign country

Mine is in a foreign country :) Hopefully my own.

where it is Foreign???
i don´t know this country
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #1,714 of 2,336
@Chris: go to USPS and enter the tracking number there... tracking is updated there from the point of it reaching  the "foreign" country.

Mine is in Chicago :)

Dec 3, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #1,717 of 2,336
Quote:
just a reminder, don't rush to get them mounted and wired in your cups due to the excitement, and once they are, try to be objective about the sound. I expect alot of honeymooners since the buildup is so over-the-top. But it is hard to believe they won't sound fine indeed.

Huh? I don't understand that bit of "mounted and wired in your cups"....Are they already mounted and wired by Rhydon?

Dec 3, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #1,718 of 2,336
Yes,they are.

I believe he's referring to those that purchased drivers only. The "Grado Moders Gone Magnum" thread has been bleeding into this one.

Quote:
Huh? I don't understand that bit of "mounted and wired in your cups"....Are they already mounted and wired by Rhydon?

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #1,719 of 2,336

Quote:
just a reminder, don't rush to get them mounted and wired in your cups due to the excitement, and once they are, try to be objective about the sound. I expect alot of honeymooners since the buildup is so over-the-top. But it is hard to believe they won't sound fine indeed.

I've already heard them.. They do sound good indeed. I just haven't heard the most recent rendition.. Actually, I hated the v3.5's the first time I put them on my head. I had to warm up to the signature, coming from 225i's. But yeah, any impressions from me are sure to be on point and not over the top :) The more hype something has, the harder I tend to be on it actually. 

Quote:
@Chris: go to USPS and enter the tracking number there... tracking is updated there from the point of it reaching  the "foreign" country.

Mine is in Chicago :)

Thanks.. I'll do that now

Yup, mine is in chicago with yours :) Which is very close to me.. I could drive to chicago in a few hours :D

Dec 3, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #1,720 of 2,336
How many of you use Flats with your Magnums?  Or are Magnums as strictly limited to Bowls.
I know the early version favored flats because of it's brightness and bass leanness, but are the later, that is current versions better with bowls?

Dec 3, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #1,721 of 2,336

Quote:
How many of you use Flats with your Magnums?  Or are Magnums as strictly limited to Bowls.
I know the early version favored flats because of it's brightness and bass leanness, but are the later, that is current versions better with bowls?

I wouldn't suggest it.. then again, I don't really like flats on anything. I haven't heard of many people liking them with the magnums though. 

Dec 4, 2011 at 6:19 AM Post #1,722 of 2,336

Quote:

i use flat and i like.
i used only with the 3.5, i´m waiting for the new drivers.
i will write when arrives

Dec 4, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #1,723 of 2,336
I also use the flat with Symphones Magnum 3.5  it has one of the sweetest mid and very good dynamic bass.
Mine has arrived Fedex location in Thailand, hope to get it on Tuesday at the latest.
I can compare V4 with my other Grado's soon.

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #1,725 of 2,336
Thanks everyone.  I thought the bass with Flats were going to overwhelming (with the recent versions) but I guess I'll get some Flats from ttvj as a possible option when I want to change up the sound. 
Thanks everyone for your input.  With my RS1i, I used to use Bowls with tape mod with Mad Ear HD and Flats with Solid State amps.  I guess I may have to do the same with Magnums. 
Quote:
I wouldn't suggest it.. then again, I don't really like flats on anything. I haven't heard of many people liking them with the magnums though.

Quote:
i use flat and i like.
i used only with the 3.5, i´m waiting for the new drivers.
i will write when arrives

Quote:
I still use bowls.  I like the flats but haven't used them in a while, i don't like the g-cush used with the magnum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back