Suggestions for headphones for use with iPod and laptop for around $60
Sep 1, 2011 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jinxeddeep

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm all excited about my first post here and can't wait to interact with the head-fi community. Last week, I finally decided to get myself a full-size headphone after two loyal years with in-ears. I am still a fledgling audiophile and so I am not as educated as most of the members here are. My budget is $65 tops (yeah! you guessed it right..it's bcos of the MDR-V6). I can't afford any higher prices than that. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could help me with your suggestions and opinions. I mostly listen to music on my laptop or ipod. I will be using the earphones while walking, driving and when sitting bored in a public place like a restaurant and of course when watching movies at home. I listen to mostly hip-hop, dance-pop, indie, adult contemporary, trip-hop, some electronica and soundtracks. Correct me if I am wrong but my guess is that I should look at something that's good in mids and bass. Apart from that I will be needing 'phones that provide good isolation (since I will be using it on-the-go mostly). I know that If I want something really good, I'll have to put in a lot more money. But, I am simply looking at something that is merely best-in-class for my price range and requirement and not necessarily "the best". I have a slightly above average head and ears (jus a lil bit)

Based on my reviews of other threads, I am looking at the following options

1. Sony MDR-V6
2. JVC HARX700/900
3. Sennheiser HD 428
4. Beyerdynamic DT235 (Unfortunately, I can't afford to get the dhp-ii just for the sake of the pads)
5. SRH240
6. Sennheiser HD515 (just have it since the price was cheap for its league)

I would also welcome any other suggestions and also opinions on the ATH-m30 and ATH-m40s

TIA!

Sep 2, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #2 of 5
JVC HAR900

Sep 2, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
hmm...it's starting to give serious competition to the v6 in its fight to end up on my head!

Ok, I'm not going to break down a list of $50 headphones which almost all sound the same. The V6 need a amp to run correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back