Suggest me some headphones with good bass that can vibrate and shake your head?
Nov 14, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #17 of 52
Quote:
Hello headfiers, i am a extreme basshead and would like a headphone will lots of bass that you can feel. I want the bass to shake vibrate your head and jaw and i want a headphone that can make your eyes blurry when the bass drops.

A headphone that shakes and vibrates your head and makes your eyes blurry?

On Bourbon street in New Orleans, I heard a jazz-rock band with speakers which produced massive bass and sub-sonic energy. It doesn't make your eyes blurry, it incapacitates you like a stun grenade.

You want an 18" or 21" subwoofer, not headphones.

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #18 of 52
Totally agree. With headphones you'll only get your ears hurting.

The only thing that has ever managed to - literally - shake my eyes is my car subwoofer (Alpine Type R 500 watts RMS in ported encolsure, tuned to 40hz).

Cranking the noise up is really REALLY bad for your hearing though... Sure, it's fun as hell, but I strongly advice you use earplugs / earmuffs if you do so.

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #19 of 52
My suggestion would be to get something like HE400 or LCD2, use an amp with hardware bass EQ (crank that to max), and then add software EQ on top of that, maximize it without introducing clipping. That would simulate the closest "skull-buzzing/rattling" effect that good subwoofers can have.

Typical dynamic drivers can pump out bass but it won't have the tactility that good planars have.

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #20 of 52
hmm well i have a SVS PB12 nsd subwoofer in my apt, the bass so strong that it actually moves my couch!! lol as for the headphones, i have the m50 and it does not have head shaking bass!! and i have a denon d2000 amped with fiio e11 now that has Bass!!

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #21 of 52
Quote:
Totally agree. With headphones you'll only get your ears hurting.

The only thing that has ever managed to - literally - shake my eyes is my car subwoofer (Alpine Type R 500 watts RMS in ported encolsure, tuned to 40hz).

I took a ride with a car-audio fanatic. He had two 15" JL Audio woofers in his trunk and some bass-freak CD sampler. When those woofers kicked in, it felt like my heart stopped.

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #23 of 52
Quote:
i don't believe in that as my xb1000 goes lower than my xb700... the difference is negligible though but the rumble is more pronounced in the xb1000s

I'm glad you've cleared that up, because from what I've read about peoples thoughts on them (XB1000), they performed better than the 700, and I found it difficult to believe too. The ear is the best measurement tool.

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #24 of 52
The only time I managed to get "blurry vision" and feeling a bit nausea as a result, not joking, was with Sony XB500 + digiZoid ZO set to the max bass level while listening to Three 6 Mafia - Late Nite Tip. This is probably as bassy as it gets, well OK if one digiZoid ZO doesn't provide you enough then get TWO of them and doubleamp them which I've also tested since I happen to have the different ZO versions and the bass if doing so is only limited by the headphone driver's physical abilities to pump bass, it starts distort/clip horribly sooner or later based on what the headphone driver can handle.

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #25 of 52
If you're listening to bass so loud that your vision is literally blurring then you are permanently damaging your hearing. Despite not sounding as painful as loud, piercing treble, it actually causes hearing damage as or more easily (perceived volume vs actual SPL). I know pro audio people who were having "fun" with bass and a couple days after the ringing calmed down had a severe throat infection + permanent hearing loss.

No offense meant, but that's basically the audio equivalent of huffing spray paint for kicks. No headphones will do that at normal volume levels.

If you just like the physical vibrations then maybe listen to them next to an actual subwoofer?... Or just sit in a vibrating massage chair? Or ride a flintstones bicycle with stone wheels and no suspension over a giant cheese grater? I don't know.

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #26 of 52
Quote:
If you're listening to bass so loud that your vision is literally blurring then you are permanently damaging your hearing. Despite not sounding as painful as loud, piercing treble, it actually causes hearing damage as or more easily (perceived volume vs actual SPL). I know pro audio people who were having "fun" with bass and a couple days after the ringing calmed down had a severe throat infection + permanent hearing loss.

No offense meant, but that's basically the audio equivalent of huffing spray paint for kicks. No headphones will do that at normal volume levels.

If you just like the physical vibrations then maybe listen to them next to an actual subwoofer?... Or just sit in a vibrating massage chair? Or ride a flintstones bicycle with stone wheels and no suspension over a giant cheese grater? I don't know.

Ok, that made me audibly laugh at work...  I have no idea how loudly because I have my Pro700MK2s on but people are looking at me now...

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #27 of 52
Around 20hz my headphones start to vibrate enough it tickles. They aren't the bassiest either.

Alternative: Go to Cape Canaveral in Florida and stand by the rockets.

I don't think any headphone is that bassy to the point it blurs your vision and if there was a headphone that did that it can't be good for you.

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #28 of 52
I assumed the OP was sort of joking with hyperbole when talking about the effects. Going from 40mm to 70mm is not really the solution you need an order of magnitude increase over 40mm.

I have the Pro700MKIIANV and are quite happy with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back