Suggest me some headphones with good bass that can vibrate and shake your head?
Nov 13, 2012 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

Bassheadspl

100+ Head-Fier

Hello headfiers, i am a extreme basshead and would like a headphone will lots of bass that you can feel. I want the bass to shake vibrate your head and jaw and i want a headphone that can make your eyes blurry when the bass drops. Currently i own the Sony xb700, amped off a fiio e17 and the bass is not strong enough to make all them types of vibrations happen, although there is some vibration on the ears. So i am wondering what suggestions you have in mind. I heard that the Audio Technica ATH-M50 have strong bass that can you feel, what do you think.

Look forward to hearing your suggestion guys:)

Nov 13, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #5 of 52
I have the ATH-Pro700MK2s and when I crank up the bass boost on my e17 or on my X-Fi it can rattle my teeth.  You can feel it shaking the side of your face.  It feels like a bunch of tiny hands punching you in the jaw...

Nov 13, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #6 of 52
The M50 got no bass dude, so you can cross that off your list. It's not even considered a basshead can. People who thinks the M50 has a lot of bass are people who think Sennheiser has a lot of bass.

You should really ask this question in the basshead thread, you'll get real answer from real bassheads.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club

Nov 13, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #7 of 52
Hey 'MadDawg', Thats sounds crazy and is exactly what i am looking for! But one question though does it also vibrate your jaw or make your vision blurry, giving you the subwoofer experience?

Nov 13, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #8 of 52
The M50 has lots of bass, but in the midst of this ridiculous desire to have your entire head shake, you're chasing an impossible dream.  There's no way a 2-3 inch driver will move enough air to do that.

The best solutions would be to get the Z02 with its very unnecessary amounts of bass boost, or get a tactile transducer if you're doing your listening at home.

Nov 13, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #9 of 52
Quote:
Hello headfiers, i am a extreme basshead and would like a headphone will lots of bass that you can feel. I want the bass to shake vibrate your head and jaw and i want a headphone that can make your eyes blurry when the bass drops. Currently i own the Sony xb700, amped off a fiio e17 and the bass is not strong enough to make all them types of vibrations happen, although there is some vibration on the ears. So i am wondering what suggestions you have in mind. I heard that the Audio Technica ATH-M50 have strong bass that can you feel, what do you think.

Look forward to hearing your suggestion guys:)  

Heya,

If the XB700 with the Fiio's bass enhancement EQ set to maximum is not bassy enough for you, then I have bad news for you: you will never get enough bass from a headphone.

The M50 frankly will have much less rumble than the XB700.

The only thing that can give you what you seek is an actual sub-woofer, and even then, likely a set of two 15's with at least 1,000 watts behind each one. And you'll be deaf by middle age.

Very best,

Nov 13, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #12 of 52
Nov 13, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #13 of 52
All this talk doesn't sound safe....I listen to music to relax, not to be punched in the jaw lol

Nov 13, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #14 of 52
According to most of what I have seen via charts, and read via impressions, the ZO2.1 gives about +16db of bass boost.  If you can find it, the newer version, ZO2.3 measures out at +14db, which would make it equal to the fiio e17.  I wouldn't reccomend purchasing another amp expecting to get a serious boost there.  You might get a little bit more, but only if you do not need the DAC, and could find a buyer to offload the e17.

Along with the others on here, I do not think you would be happy with m50s, that is what I had before my Pro700MK2s and they are not even on the same playing field when using the e17.  That being said, the XB700 is a very bassy can as well.  Although at a slighly different frequency.  From what I gather it is king of the sub-bass whereas the Pro700MK2 punches you in the face with mid-bass.  I do not think you will notice improvement with the XB1000 over the XB700, only more refinement.  It certainly is a good headphone, well worth the price, but probably not what you are looking for.

I am afraid that I agree that you are possibly chasing an impossible dream.  Like the others have said, you would be better spent buying a full-sized home setup.  If that is not an option, you might look into TMRaven's idea: get a tactile transducer

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #15 of 52
Quote:
According to frequency response measurements the XB1000 has more high bass, and rolls off on the low bass earlier than the XB700, so that might be even slightly 'worse'. Although the XB1000 seems to have a more 'balanced' curve all round with better treble.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SonyMDRXB700.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SonyMDRXB1000.pdf

i don't believe in that as my xb1000 goes lower than my xb700... the difference is negligible though but the rumble is more pronounced in the xb1000s

@op... all the heaviest of bass headphones won't give you more bass than the xb700... you might be eq-ing it wrong as my fiio e11,with enhanced bass settings both with my source eq and e11's bass boost, can really make it rumble like anything else... but if you want something that has just the most bass round and DANCES the most on your head then just go with the sony xb500... the are the biggest head drillers around... and as they are cheap, you should have already bought a pair... and even if the xb500 don't shake you to satisfaction then it is you who is doing something wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back