SR60-Mod part II
Dec 28, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #2,881 of 3,353
You'll have to be more specific - I'd love to hear when/where that actually happened...!  I would imagine the driver and any internal parts would be really low quality stuff in a counterfeit and would therefore sound terrible.

Dec 28, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #2,882 of 3,353
meh - mostly rumors. But when you're starting with bad cans (beats), the odds are some changes are going to be an improvement. :wink:

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #2,884 of 3,353

Quote:
I've heard that there are some counterfeit Grados circulating around here.
They're called Magnums and they are supposed to be better. <<he-he>>

Yes, can you believe the nerve of this situation?  Buying a knock-off driver to insert into your Grado cups that will literally knock your socks off.  My Magnum listening has gotten to the point that it is seriously out-pacing my regular speaker listening sessions.  I think Rhydon should be securing a patent on his drivers.  Then again, Grado might come down hard on him if the design is too close to theirs.  It's a bit funny that Grado hasn't hired him on to re-work some of their drivers and bring some better sounding drivers within the Grado line out.  If Justin Bieber can get his name on the Beats, then Rhydon certainly deserves his name on a pair of Grados as a special release.

Dec 29, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #2,885 of 3,353
Ohrenholz just sent me a pic of some cups that are available, unfortunately all my headphones are sealed in right now so I'm not able to use them =(

Honduran Rosewood

Someone buy these before I find 2 excuses to buy another Grado I don't need..

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #2,886 of 3,353

Quote:
Ohrenholz just sent me a pic of some cups that are available, unfortunately all my headphones are sealed in right now so I'm not able to use them =(

Honduran Rosewood

Someone buy these before I find 2 excuses to buy another Grado I don't need..

Chris,

I was just reviewing some of the new offerings last evening on the site and came across those rosewoods.  I don't have a spare headband or a spare set of drivers that I could use in those cups at the moment - so, I'm safe.  I do have a bit of cash to buy the cups, though... but, for me, that's where all the trouble starts its vicious cycle all over again.  
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 1, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #2,889 of 3,353

Quote:
Chris,

I was just reviewing some of the new offerings last evening on the site and came across those rosewoods.  I don't have a spare headband or a spare set of drivers that I could use in those cups at the moment - so, I'm safe.  I do have a bit of cash to buy the cups, though... but, for me, that's where all the trouble starts its vicious cycle all over again.  
tongue_smile.gif

AHAHAHA

Look in the Magnum modders thread... I just posted about how everytime I buy just one or two new Grado components I get stuck in this endless loop of hoarding Grados!

I ended up getting those rosewood cups though, I don't own anything other than RS-2 cups, RS-1 clone from marty out of Mahogany on the way, and now these Rosewoods will be gracing my doorstep soon...

It would appear Marty is taking a hiatus due to a new baby (congrats bro) and Ohrenholz is the new guy to go to from now on... good luck with your future endeavors and remember the HF community always takes care of it's own. Two transactions from myself as a paying customer have gone 100% towards my liking so far.

Jan 1, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #2,891 of 3,353

Quote:
Chris how're those headbands by jinteddy7? have you used one? 

Yeah I've bought a couple of them actually. They feel and smell really nice and he did a good job on the padding. It's a tight fit though which I hear is improved on the newer V2 models. 

This is one that I carry with my around everyday so it's probably not as "new" as a brand new one but I like it a lot 

Jan 1, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #2,895 of 3,353

Quote:
Awesome i plan on getting one soon just needed to hear enough positive feedback here on head-fi. Oh btw nice tactical jacket reminds me of my OD condor fleece.

Lol it's a Condor Summit actually. Good eye

Users who are viewing this thread

Back