Quote:

Musical lives!

Aluminum...
popcorn.gif

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #2,344 of 3,353

Quote:
Aluminum...
popcorn.gif

C'mon, now ... we don't want to create any false hopes, here.  Yes, aluminum with woody inserts would be wonderful.  Hmm ... How about a combo - aluminum cups with wooden inserts and a tube amp combo with the same / matching brushed aluminum?  Wouldn't that be a beautiful combination?

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #2,346 of 3,353
Oct 5, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #2,350 of 3,353

Quote:
Quick question, how do I remove the plastic 'stoppers' from the top of the headphone 'poles' if you know what I mean?

My collets should be arriving tomorrow and these plastic things just don't want to shift.

Some Grados seems to have a bit of glue adhering them on.  If that's the case, then I carefully wrap a bit of paper towel around the black tip and gently turn it with a pliers until it comes lose.  If you use just a straight pliers without a little paper towel for protection, the notches in the pliers will leave marks on the black caps.

Oct 6, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #2,351 of 3,353
That is true; I was able to pull the rubber stop with some pliers, though you're right about the towel, as I did scrape them a bit. Interesting about the gimbals-- if you twist the metal rod around a bit, it will come loose from the plastic yolk. This came in handy when transferring the metal rods over to a new yolk set.

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #2,352 of 3,353

Quote:
Some Grados seems to have a bit of glue adhering them on.  If that's the case, then I carefully wrap a bit of paper towel around the black tip and gently turn it with a pliers until it comes lose.  If you use just a straight pliers without a little paper towel for protection, the notches in the pliers will leave marks on the black caps.

Will do, cheers :)

Oct 6, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #2,355 of 3,353

Quote:
guys, seen this yet?  post #70

that guy 
eek.gif

Yeah, I caught that one.  It might be a bit TOO much metal for me, though.  Also, I'd like a bit more comfort at the headband level.  While that design is all original, it sort of goes the opposite of many of our Grado modifications - which essentially boil down to making them more comfortable during our listening sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back