SR60-Mod part II
Oct 6, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #2,357 of 3,353

Quote:
Talking of comfort I'm really struggling with the flats at the moment.

I don't know what's changed; for the first week they were fine but now they hurt my ears after 30 or so minutes. They sound so good I really don't want to change back to the comfies.

Your metal head band is still too tight.  You might have to slowly loosen it so some of the pressure that's being applied to your ears is less so.  Make small, incremental changes.  I've gotten mine to a fine balance between fit and comfort - but, it did take a few days of trial and error.  

Oct 6, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #2,358 of 3,353
Tyll posted the measurements for my SR60.

Not sure what they show really. The drivers dont look like they're matched too closely though
rolleyes.gif

For anybody interested in one of Marty's amazing creations:

Cocobolo cups with detatchable silver cable, Magnum drivers, and custom leather head band.

Edit: I forgot to add that these phones are owned by pbstefandwich who was gracious enough to loan them to me.

Oct 6, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #2,359 of 3,353
I had some time tonight for more practice with the material, the machine, needles and bonded thread.  Below is a sample that I was able to come up with.  The stitching on the left side is a bit irregular - I was actually hand cranking the stitches into place to game familiarized with how close I want to get the edge of the material.  The right side was with the motor driving the stitching as I held the leather for alignment as it passed through the machine.  Believe it or not, this is actually faux saddle material that I'm working with - not real leather at this point.

Oct 7, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #2,363 of 3,353
It would be funny if it wasn't tragic for me. The dude has my cans (Sr80) and a sum of cash which isn't a small sum in our country.

I was looking forward to hopefully having a kick-but set of cans
frown.gif
, but am mostly just sad that I most probably have been gypped.

Know that I am currently in withdrawal (kinda) for not having proper cans to listen with.

Oct 7, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #2,364 of 3,353
I had a question about replacement earpads. At the moment, the plastic holder for the driver juts out a little farther on my aluminum cans than on the plastic ones. As a result, when I use my bowls, they lose support around the edges and slide off at the top, so I keep getting jabbed by plastic.

The idea I have would be to buy some cheap foam pads, cut out the center like a reverse comfie, and then put the bowl over that. What I want to know is whether I should get a 40mm or 50mm diameter pad so that it would fit underneath the bowls. The driver face is 50mm across, but I figured that the 40mm one could stretch and I wouldn't have to worry about the outer diameter not fitting underneath the bowls.

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #2,365 of 3,353

Quote:
Your metal head band is still too tight.  You might have to slowly loosen it so some of the pressure that's being applied to your ears is less so.  Make small, incremental changes.  I've gotten mine to a fine balance between fit and comfort - but, it did take a few days of trial and error.  

Yep the discomfort started after I fitted my leather headband; I haven't managed to get the shape back to how I had it. More tweaking needed methinks.

Oct 7, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #2,366 of 3,353
Quote:
It would be funny if it wasn't tragic for me. The dude has my cans (Sr80) and a sum of cash which isn't a small sum in our country.

I was looking forward to hopefully having a kick-but set of cans
frown.gif
, but am mostly just sad that I most probably have been gypped.

Know that I am currently in withdrawal (kinda) for not having proper cans to listen with.

Hey i feel your pain man ... I got my first cups from cabillas and was too pu$$y to mod them myself so i sent them to Jaben (a headphone store) to be modded. They told me it would take a three weeks to mod and they would call me when it was finished. I gave them ample time and called them after 4 weeks, they told me they would call the guy who does the mod and get back to me immediately. They didn't get back to me in 5 hours so i called them back. They told me that they forgot to call me back and that the guy they sent it to has modded it already and will deliver the cups to jaben in 3 days time. In three days time i called them back asking if i could make a visit to collect my grados and they said that they would call the guy. They got back to me early this time and told me that the guy had already modded it and he would only drop the grados at jaben at night. I told them that i would come two days later to pick them up. That evening at 7pm they called me telling me that actually the guy did not mod it yet and does not know how to liberate drivers, jaben asked me to email pics and links on how to liberate drivers and that they would call me if the could not do the mod so that i could pick up my grados. I did so and waited. They did not contact me for two days so i went to their store personally to check out what happened. They handed me the grados explaining that they did not know how to do it. I was really upset that they didn't even have the courtesy to tell me that they couldn't do it and that i could go to their store to pick my headphones up. I went back that day and completed the mod myself in an hour. Really bad service and i was half dead from withdrawal after not seeing my grados for one and a half months.

Oct 7, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #2,367 of 3,353

Quote:
Quote:
Hey i feel your pain man ... I got my first cups from cabillas and was too pu$$y to mod them myself so i sent them to Jaben (a headphone store) to be modded. They told me it would take a three weeks to mod and they would call me when it was finished. I gave them ample time and called them after 4 weeks, they told me they would call the guy who does the mod and get back to me immediately. They didn't get back to me in 5 hours so i called them back. They told me that they forgot to call me back and that the guy they sent it to has modded it already and will deliver the cups to jaben in 3 days time. In three days time i called them back asking if i could make a visit to collect my grados and they said that they would call the guy. They got back to me early this time and told me that the guy had already modded it and he would only drop the grados at jaben at night. I told them that i would come two days later to pick them up. That evening at 7pm they called me telling me that actually the guy did not mod it yet and does not know how to liberate drivers, jaben asked me to email pics and links on how to liberate drivers and that they would call me if the could not do the mod so that i could pick up my grados. I did so and waited. They did not contact me for two days so i went to their store personally to check out what happened. They handed me the grados explaining that they did not know how to do it. I was really upset that they didn't even have the courtesy to tell me that they couldn't do it and that i could go to their store to pick my headphones up. I went back that day and completed the mod myself in an hour. Really bad service and i was half dead from withdrawal after not seeing my grados for one and a half months.

Thanks dude.

I in my distraught state found a guy who was selling a4 month old SR125i and bought it at a bargain price. I've been testing it throughout the day and have to say I think my SR80 sounded better..... but what I'm gonna do is keep running 'em in for the next 2-3 months before I make any full judgement. Anyway, I was lucky enough to order Callibas's sapele cups and they just arrived last week.. So, I'm hoping I don't foul up anything when I do decide to do the transplant.

But I'm still hoping Bigrock2150 (aka Rahkim) does good as I'm hoping it's only a misunderstanding on my part.

Like I said before... we should have a teh tarik session with some other of the Malaysian Head-Fiers at some point and show our pride & joys..

cheers man.

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #2,368 of 3,353

Quote:
I see Rahkim currently online. I hope he answers me.

The first thing you get when visiting the forum is a popup in front of your face with a PM alert.
Now this no reply biz is going on for a while and I'm getting the feeling that you have in fact been Bila'd. How many more are left "in doubt" with cups and cash missing?

I sincerely hope you get sorted out. I've been there and even bought the stupid T-shirt!

Quote:
Quote:

Nice feedback. Jaben people don't visit Headfi enough as there are loads of pics and techniques described for liberating drivers :)

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #2,370 of 3,353

Quote:

The first thing you get when visiting the forum is a popup in front of your face with a PM alert.
Now this no reply biz is going on for a while and I'm getting the feeling that you have in fact been Bila'd. How many more are left "in doubt" with cups and cash missing?

A few comments:

1) The moderators have indicated before that the indicator of someone being "on line" on the forum here is not accurate.  We thought this was a valuable feature during the Bilavideo issues, but it appeared he was visiting the site, but that may not have been correct.

2) I feel bad for recommending Techheromods in the past.  I had a great transaction with Rahkim.  Great conversation with him and thought I had "vetted" him enough to see that he was legit.  Though, I may have felt the same way about Bilavideo, too - and I sent him my money.  Maybe, my judgment of people isn't what it once was.

I do really hope this gets sorted out.  These situations tend to erode the confidence of the members here.  However, I will say to all, don't lose faith.  There are some of us left out there who do believe in ethics and integrity.  To me, taking advantage of somebody would be the lowest activity that I could stoop to in my life.  That is not a place where I care to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back