SR60-Mod part II
Oct 9, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #2,387 of 3,353

Quote:
Cheers Wayne, there's not hurry at all though. Do what you gotta do first =D

Keat,  I have some of the standard size collars that I sent you before.  The place where I would buy them is by my old work area, as I switched work sites / jobs.  However, I'm going to take the existing sized collars and re-bore them with a larger drill bit.  This should ensure that the collars don't get too large - as would happen when going to the next size of collars.  I think the only small item would be the set screws - which would just stick out a very slight amount when you tighten all things into place.

Oct 9, 2011 at 6:16 AM Post #2,389 of 3,353
Wayne - if there is any chance - when the cups are ready to be sent on, if you have any spare collars - I'd love 4 for the MS1is.  If it is possible, let me know, and I'll paypal you whatever it costs.  Many thanks!

Oct 9, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #2,390 of 3,353
Oct 9, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #2,392 of 3,353
Don't order the 3mm ones though as they don't fit, 4mm is the way to go (will change that post).

Too late as I ordered them this friday :rolleyes:
I shoul've checked first lol

At least they weren't 100€ or something of the sort... :xf_eek:

Oct 9, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #2,393 of 3,353
I think I might make some chunky cocobolo rod tips for myself soon... mehehe

I'll be back with pictures soon

Oct 9, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #2,394 of 3,353

Quote:
Too late as I ordered them this friday
rolleyes.gif

I shoul've checked first lol
At least they weren't 100€ or something of the sort...
redface.gif

Sorry I should have amended that link earlier; I also ordered the 3mm ones originally.

If they haven't been dispatched you should phone them to change.

Oct 10, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #2,395 of 3,353

Quote:
Wayne - if there is any chance - when the cups are ready to be sent on, if you have any spare collars - I'd love 4 for the MS1is.  If it is possible, let me know, and I'll paypal you whatever it costs.  Many thanks!

I believe I'm nearly out.  I should have the 4 for Keat that I promised and then another member asked if I could check to see if I might have 4 additional.  I'll have to check and provide updates.  I did buy about 30 of them 5 months ago.  They went pretty quick.  I did find a place that sells them for about $.57 cents each.  The shipping isn't too bad, either - only about $5.00 and I can get them in 3 days.  I might just place an order to have more on hand.  Ordering is easier than me driving 45 minutes each way to a store that usually stocks them.

Oct 10, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #2,397 of 3,353
Preparations for Symphones Magnum V4 project completed. I am going to test the V4 Magnums with their aluminum air chamber in the Blackheart outer shells making it a sort of reversed PS1000 hybrid. In addition the Symphones drivers will also be installed in all-wood housings (spalted beech and/or olive). As soon as the drivers show up, I will be reporting back as to how the whole lot sounds.

(Tasmanian Blackheart Sassafras)

(Spalted Beech)

(Olive)

Oct 10, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #2,398 of 3,353
Thanks lads.

St Keat - I really appreciate the offer - I was just going to get Wayne to ship me some with some woodies he's sending over.  I live in NZ, so freight is a bit of a PITA.  If Wayne can get them it'll be great - otherwise I'll try and source them locally.

Wayne - thanks.  If you do get some - drop 4 in with the package & flip you $5 through paypal for the trouble.  If not - don't worry about it - I'll see if I can find a model shop in one of the larger cities here.

Gotta admit guys - this community is really cool - especially this small section of it 
beerchug.gif

If you guys ever need anything from NZ - let me know.

Oct 10, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #2,399 of 3,353

Quote:
Thanks lads.

St Keat - I really appreciate the offer - I was just going to get Wayne to ship me some with some woodies he's sending over.  I live in NZ, so freight is a bit of a PITA.  If Wayne can get them it'll be great - otherwise I'll try and source them locally.

Wayne - thanks.  If you do get some - drop 4 in with the package & flip you $5 through paypal for the trouble.  If not - don't worry about it - I'll see if I can find a model shop in one of the larger cities here.

Gotta admit guys - this community is really cool - especially this small section of it 
beerchug.gif

If you guys ever need anything from NZ - let me know.

Bolded. Not wrong there.

Oct 10, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #2,400 of 3,353
Stratocaster did you turn those yourself? Looks great! I'll wait to see what you think of the v4.

Slowly visualizing the next design. Just dropped my custom earphones today, there's a nasty crack in them =/ might have to pay for a remold or a new pair before a new headphone.

No problem brooko! I'm from Singapore so shipping to nz can't be very much unless you have crazy taxes to pay on incoming mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back