SR60-Mod part II
Sep 20, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #2,161 of 3,353

Quote:
I feel your pain. My wife got rear ended couple weeks ago by a Ford F-250 driven by an idiot. She was second in line at a stop sign and he claim he never saw her and ram in to our car and hit so hard that my car hit the next car in front (Big Cadillac). My car, a 2011 VW Jetta Wagon TDI, as over $7000 in damage and the truck driver didn't have any papers on him and the cop never showed up claiming they were to busy that morning (first day of school day). We still do not know if the truck driver was insured???  Crazy world.

Simon,

Sorry to hear of that incident.  Yes, it is very tragic and unfortunately, body shops can never get our vehicles back to the "original" condition.  I hope your wife is OK from this incident - not whiplash, etc.

Luis,

We have pretty good insurance in the U.S.  With my current insurance company, we have been covered for nearly 25 years.  At the 15 year mark, they forgive any accidents - and  your premiums will not go up based on the accidents that you have.  Though, I'm sure there might be some cut-off point.  With my daughter being 17 and only driving for about a year, we can't process the vehicle repair through insurance.  It will kill our rates.  Probably looking at a $1,000 a year increase.

However, when I initially looked at the vehicle in the garage, I only saw the scrapes on the front left fender.  That was when I told my daughter that it would probably cost $500 for the repairs.  She started crying.  She thought it would be about $50.  I said for $50, they won't even look at our vehicle.  It was then yesterday, when my wife told me that the scratch went all along the vehicle to the end of it where even the clear plastic tailight cover has a  little mark.  Ugh!  I'm not mad at my daughter.  I'm just made in general.  It's frustrating dealing with repairs, which is why I end up doing so many on my own.  I'm not going to touch our vehicle, though, even with my courses in auto body work that I've taken.

I'm going to stick to modding headphones.  Last evening, I had the pleasure of listening to Marc Broussard on my Grados as I rested for bed.  His music genre is kind of hybrid and categorized as "Bayou Soul".  I think this guy is making some great sounding music.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Broussard

Sep 20, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #2,163 of 3,353

Quote:
Originally Posted by wje /img/forum/go_quote.gif. 

With my daughter being 17 and only driving for about a year, we can't process the vehicle repair through insurance.  It will kill our rates.  Probably looking at a $1,000 a year increase.

1 grand increase? That almost sounds like robbery! I know you are already feeling bad with all this so I won't mention how much I pay for my yearly insurance (Dec2010 licence plate) against everything but acts of god... yes it's that lower. On the other hand we have some of the most expensive cars in EU so it all balances out in the end probably.

As for Marty, not only will he perform everything just fine as he'll take you by the hand almost every step of the way. Communication is great which, in the mod business, is truly rare.

Here's something sounding really great on any headphone

Sep 20, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #2,165 of 3,353
Correct. The easiest mod on a Grado will always be the pads. The next step are the woody shells.

Everything else will have lesser impact on overal sound quality.

Sep 20, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #2,167 of 3,353
I guess I am SOL now, but I sent Francisco (Cabillas ) an email on Aug 9th requesting to purchase a pair of cups. I never received a response assuming he was just crazy busy.

On Sept 17th I sent another email after reading that he is no longer selling to confirm this is the case and still no response.

Maybe its me :)

Too bad I missed that train I guess.....

Darren
dgcrane

Sep 20, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #2,168 of 3,353

Quote:
I guess I am SOL now, but I sent Francisco (Cabillas ) an email on Aug 9th requesting to purchase a pair of cups. I never received a response assuming he was just crazy busy.

On Sept 17th I sent another email after reading that he is no longer selling to confirm this is the case and still no response.

Darren
dgcrane

Don't stop breathing just yet.  I currently have a request in with the moderators / site owner to see if I could set up a "group buy" based on some remaining stock of Cabillas' cups.  If this were the case, I would seek to procure the remaining stock and then set up a "one-time" buy based on any available pieces that remain.

I will make appropriate updates based on the decision that gets made - whether this would be permitted or not.  So, stay patient as some good things could be coming.

Sep 20, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #2,169 of 3,353

Quote:

How do I get in touch?  Does he have a website?  Thanks,

Quote:

Darren
dgcrane

"

dgcrane
Aug 1, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Hello,

I am thinking of getting some wooden cups for my MS2i headphones. What type of wood do you use ? I like the look of cocobolo. Can you use this ? What styles can you use and what is the cost shipped to Canada ?

Thanks
Darren C
dgcrane

CABILLAS
Aug 2, 2011 at 8:25 am

Pleasse, translate this:
http://recopasgrado.blogspot.com/

greetings

"

This is the only i founded, escuse me. Certenly i was busy.
Greetings from Spain.

Sep 20, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #2,171 of 3,353
Will using the felt pads have the same effect as dynamat would?

Also do i need a piece of felt on the grill, because i want to take of the "sr 60" logo on them to increase airflow.

Also also. :) if i punch four holes in the back of the drivers will that make them too bassy? I dont like a heaviely bassy sound i want something "equal"

thanks

Sep 21, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #2,175 of 3,353

Quote:
I don't know.. I think Dynamat solved the sibilance issue that seems so prevalent in the Grado sound signature.

Anyhoooooo.. My headphones are done =D

Will post pics here by the end of the day. Can't be bothered to take them off my head now..

Keat,

Good to hear from you.  If you do try the TTVJ "Flats" pads, you'll realize that quite a bit of sibilance can be cleaned up, too.  It's good to hear that things are "done" for you - looking forward to the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back