Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Dec 2, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #2,626 of 5,805
guys i know that this is a z5 thread, but how many of you upgraded from z5 to other iems, i love my z5 and i was just wondering which iem do u really consider an upgrade to the z5, some have recommended the harmony or asg2.5 so what do you think guys, for someone who love bass , layered, non sibilant iems which one is a hands down upgrade to z5

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #2,627 of 5,805
  guys i know that this is a z5 thread, but how many of you upgraded from z5 to other iems, i love my z5 and i was just wondering which iem do u really consider an upgrade to the z5, some have recommended the harmony or asg2.5 so what do you think guys, for someone who love bass , layered, non sibilant iems which one is a hands down upgrade to z5

I would say the Rhapsodio RDB Mk4...it has the best (sub) bass I've ever heard in an iem!

The dark signature of it always reminds me of the Audeze LCD-2 that I had for over a year.

Z5 has a slightly wider soundstage though, but because of the RDB Mk4 I'm even considering selling my Z5 lately
rolleyes.gif

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #2,628 of 5,805
So far I have found nothing that has made me want to sell my Z5. But I am going to be trying the PSB M4U4 later this week or early next week and will report back on how it sounds compared to the Z5.

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #2,629 of 5,805
I just got my Z5 from the black Friday sale. It had already broken in for about a week non stop with burn in tone and music. The SQ improved quite a lot from the start. I would like to know how much break in does it need to reach its full potential?

Thanks,

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #2,630 of 5,805
  I just got my Z5 from the black Friday sale. It had already broken in for about a week non stop with burn in tone and music. The SQ improved quite a lot from the start. I would like to know how much break in does it need to reach its full potential?

Thanks,

Whenever your brain tells you its ready :)

Dec 2, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #2,632 of 5,805

Thanks,
what did you pay for your pair. Being in Canada good deals on IEMs like this are pretty much non existent.

Dec 2, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #2,633 of 5,805
what did you pay for your pair. Being in Canada good deals on IEMs like this are pretty much non existent.

Ncix had it on sale for about a week going for 449cad... that was a steal.

It's back at 698 now.

Dec 2, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #2,635 of 5,805
Holy crap great deal for Canada!! Awesome I say enjoy and feel good about it :). Yes violins and cellos shine on the Z5 as so brass instruments and kettle drums.

I paid about $70 under retail when I bought mine a year ago and while I wish I could have got them for less I don't regret buying them for one minute. Nothing I have bought before or since then has dethroned them for me. But I am curious to see how the PSB's do...

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #2,636 of 5,805
Does anyone know where in Europe these Sony's can be purchased? Of course eBay, but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable buying such an expensive product without proper warranty.

Also, is the XBAZ5 easy enough to drive from a phone?

Lastly: what would be a better choice; the XBAZ5, or the ES Velvet?

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #2,637 of 5,805

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #2,638 of 5,805
  Does anyone know where in Europe these Sony's can be purchased? Of course eBay, but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable buying such an expensive product without proper warranty.

Also, is the XBAZ5 easy enough to drive from a phone?

Lastly: what would be a better choice; the XBAZ5, or the ES Velvet?

2nd question: the Z5 will drive fine from a phone

Which tips are those?

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #2,639 of 5,805
Those look like comply tips to me. I also agree that the Z5 sounds good from a phone. It will sound even better from something like a Pono in balanced mode but I enjoyed the Heck out of mine from my phone before I got the Pono.

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #2,640 of 5,805
i haven't heard anything better than the Z's except CIEMS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back