Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Nov 12, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #2,596 of 5,810
hey guys.. i am about to put up my PHA3 and Z7 for sale. Been with me for around 5 months and decided to just stick to IEM, more specifically CIEM. Gonna sell both at 900 USD including shipping internationally. If you like the sony signature, PHA3 is the best bet. Best sounding combo as far as portable goes. Might sell off my HD800 with the valhalla AMP. Finally found my end game. so PM if anyone is interested. Oh ya keeping my Z5 in case you are wondering. still love the fun sounding nature of the z5. very forgiving when especially if you are streaming your music. 

Good choice, the Z5 is superb. I use my A3's with my phone out and about and the Z5's and Z7's with better sources and it's hard to decide between the two everytime. Which Ciems have you reached sound nirvana with?

Nov 12, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #2,597 of 5,810
hey guys.. i am about to put up my PHA3 and Z7 for sale. Been with me for around 5 months and decided to just stick to IEM, more specifically CIEM. Gonna sell both at 900 USD including shipping internationally. If you like the sony signature, PHA3 is the best bet. Best sounding combo as far as portable goes. Might sell off my HD800 with the valhalla AMP. Finally found my end game. so PM if anyone is interested. Oh ya keeping my Z5 in case you are wondering. still love the fun sounding nature of the z5. very forgiving when especially if you are streaming your music. 

Great, I'm happy for you. There's a reason why HF has a classifieds section. Thanks for polluting this thread (in fairness, you're not the only one).

Kind of harsh maybe??

Nov 12, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #2,598 of 5,810

Great, I'm happy for you. There's a reason why HF has a classifieds section. Thanks for polluting this thread (in fairness, you're not the only one).

Nov 12, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #2,600 of 5,810
My z5 have been getting the most ear time because I normally liaten to it direct from my phones. But listening to it with a balance cable out of the pha 3 is something else. The only complain I have is that the z5 tends to have problems with mcmx connector. I have had my third rma and had to buy a second pair because it was out of commision for so long. The z7 with the balance cable from pha3 is probably my favourite portable headphone setup although I dont listen to it very often. As for my customs I went ahead and got a UE 18, Jh16 and the A10 from 1964. This will be paired with an Onkyo dp-x1 and my mobile phone vivo x5max. I might be selling off my zx2 but that depends on how good is the onkyo dpx1. I was told by someone that the onkyo is stupidly good but have not audition it myself.

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #2,601 of 5,810
Kind of harsh maybe??

Maybe. But kind of selfish and inconsiderate to the other users of this forum to hijack the thread to promote one's sale. And this was the second such incident on this thread in a couple of days.

Not my job to moderate this forum but at times I just can't take it anymore - not the nicest experience to get notifications for new posts only to realize that somebody is basically using you (and the rest).

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #2,602 of 5,810

Maybe. But kind of selfish and inconsiderate to the other users of this forum to hijack the thread to promote one's sale. And this was the second such incident on this thread in a couple of days.

Not my job to moderate this forum but at times I just can't take it anymore - not the nicest experience to get notifications for new posts only to realize that somebody is basically using you (and the rest).

I dont get what the issue is? It is after all related to the headphone at hand (the Z5/A3 at hand, not so much the Z7 I will admit)? Its not hijacking the thread if its one post. lol if you can't take it then by all means feel free to unsubscribe :)

No one is being used here. In fact I am happy that my Z5 is going to someone I know from this very thread, would rather work something out with a fellow sony fan. Take it or leave it, your whining is getting annoying. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #2,603 of 5,810

I dont get what the issue is? It is after all related to the headphone at hand (the Z5/A3 at hand, not so much the Z7 I will admit)? Its not hijacking the thread if its one post. lol if you can't take it then by all means feel free to unsubscribe :)

No one is being used here. In fact I am happy that my Z5 is going to someone I know from this very thread, would rather work something out with a fellow sony fan. Take it or leave it, your whining is getting annoying. 

Let's agree to disagree then. Not everybody likes being spammed, glad you enjoy it (you may want to publish somewhere your email address, I'm sure you'll get more of what you like).

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #2,605 of 5,810
Some people just enjoy finding something to get angry about. Remember anger and crying are the same emotion expressed in a different way.

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #2,607 of 5,810
so i bought this new ted allen cable for my shure 846 which is only copper so i can listen balanced to my shure 846 from my ak100ii

but i can use that same cable with my z5 with an adapter to listen in single mod do u think guys the cable from sony that costs over 100 usd is better than the ted allen cable for single ended

Nov 13, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #2,608 of 5,810
I do agree with the dude who said about the HF classifieds, those are for... put your sale in your signature that's it, there's a section in My Signature, to add different sruff Incl. CLASSIFIEDS

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #2,609 of 5,810
Not big deal but vent if it makes you feel good.

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #2,610 of 5,810
My z5 have been getting the most ear time because I normally liaten to it direct from my phones. But listening to it with a balance cable out of the pha 3 is something else. The only complain I have is that the z5 tends to have problems with mcmx connector. I have had my third rma and had to buy a second pair because it was out of commision for so long. The z7 with the balance cable from pha3 is probably my favourite portable headphone setup although I dont listen to it very often. As for my customs I went ahead and got a UE 18, Jh16 and the A10 from 1964. This will be paired with an Onkyo dp-x1 and my mobile phone vivo x5max. I might be selling off my zx2 but that depends on how good is the onkyo dpx1. I was told by someone that the onkyo is stupidly good but have not audition it myself.

what is the exac problem the connectos? you use them heavily (e.g. connect and disconnect cables)?, I want to buy those :) and keep the A3 for commute

Users who are viewing this thread

Back