Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Nov 13, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #2,611 of 5,805
Well if you refer to the earlier thread you will find that the z5 have problems connector dying. I had my third pair and its a common problem with the mcmx connector. I saw earlier someone mention using some kind of spray for electronics connector but dont think it solved the problem. Well just know that eventually the z5 will need a replacements.

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #2,612 of 5,805
I had no problems but I never pulled the cable out from the earpiece.

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #2,613 of 5,805
Well if you refer to the earlier thread you will find that the z5 have problems connector dying. I had my third pair and its a common problem with the mcmx connector. I saw earlier someone mention using some kind of spray for electronics connector but dont think it solved the problem. Well just know that eventually the z5 will need a replacements.

an for your case how much did the 3 RMA's lasted before sending them? i refer hoe much the pairs lasted in terms of months or weeks...

I have 1 month approx with my XBA-A3 and they're fine, i had one full year with my XBA-H3 nd they were good too (sold those) but my main concern are the XBA-A3 which seem to have similar MMCX  connector as Z5

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #2,614 of 5,805
I have H3 , A2, A3, Z5 and no problems. I had 535, 846, W6 and all of those had sound cutting off but I changed cables with those.

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #2,615 of 5,805
I have H3 , A2, A3, Z5 and no problems. I had 535, 846, W6 and all of those had sound cutting off but I changed cables with those.

i have seen many people prefer the two-pin connecto as opposed to the MMCX, but for me the two pins seem fragile and eventually the connection will expand and loose contact kid of what started to happen to my tripp-lite power strip, some times my lap says on abttery and i wiggle and hit the tripplite and says connected  

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #2,616 of 5,805
I

I had H3, two pairs of Z5 and one pair of A3 (albeit the latter got only a couple of hours of use max). I had not experienced any connector issues with the original Sony cable but I did not exchange the cables too often either. However I confirm that non-Sony cables can damage the connector as the cable rotates.

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #2,617 of 5,805
I also had the H3 I had to replace those once but it was not the problem with the connector. I only had the A3 for a week beforw I upgraded it to a z5. I guess it depends on how often you change the cable. My last replacement however was on the balance cable all the time. But I think there are enough people to that have the same problem to rule it out as an isolated case. I never had any problem with my shures though. Anyway has any of you paired the z5 with the zx100? Do they play well? Been hearing good stuff abt the combination

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #2,618 of 5,805
I also had the H3 I had to replace those once but it was not the problem with the connector. I only had the A3 for a week beforw I upgraded it to a z5. I guess it depends on how often you change the cable. My last replacement however was on the balance cable all the time. But I think there are enough people to that have the same problem to rule it out as an isolated case. I never had any problem with my shures though. Anyway has any of you paired the z5 with the zx100? Do they play well? Been hearing good stuff abt the combination

i have mine (zx100) with the A3 and i like it

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #2,622 of 5,805
So I turned into a small t traitor...

I love my Z5 but occasionally find them a bit to bassy. So I decided to see how these work as an alternative.

img.php

PSB M4U4

I'm hoping they split the difference in the bass while retaining the sound stage with added isolation and better looking fit.

Nov 27, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #2,624 of 5,805
Yes they all have vents

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #2,625 of 5,805
I have an extra Z5 I want to sell. It has not been used much and I have never NEVER detached the ear piece from the cable. I will mail it to you with a tracking for the total of $400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back