Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Mar 9, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #7,561 of 8,232
Can I use J3 region on walkmanone wm1z? or is it only on the testing firmware?
It’s available for 1A/1Z in the fw that was linked in this thread 6-12 months ago but nowhere else

Mar 9, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #7,563 of 8,232
Mar 9, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #7,565 of 8,232
I liked J3 better than what I had been using before so to me it was worth it. I think it came out March 7th 2022 so to my best knowledge this is the one

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnepTAFDGxANiekC0HGNsjBENzvHFQ

You need to go back to stock before indtalling if you have any other custom fe installed now
It is odd that it was left out of the more updated firmwares though, am I missing something?

Mar 9, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #7,566 of 8,232
It is odd that it was left out of the more updated firmwares though, am I missing something?
I dont know what you mean by “left out” or “more updated”. J3 and a few other new regions were added to this trial fw only for 1Z/1A and it is the newest and includes all features from the previous official release. We are still waiting for a new official fw with new features. It’ll come when it is ready

Mar 9, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #7,567 of 8,232
This version only added the J1, J2 and J3 regions whilst maintaining everything else and is the latest official release. We’re currently testing a new version that will add some extra gain options apart from a mind blowing custom region setting. I can tell you that it’s worth waiting for as I’ve been using it for a month or more now. It redefines the region sound tuning possibilities. Killer new sound.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #7,568 of 8,232
This version only added the J1, J2 and J3 regions whilst maintaining everything else and is the latest official release. We’re currently testing a new version that will add some extra gain options apart from a mind blowing custom region setting. I can tell you that it’s worth waiting for as I’ve been using it for a month or more now. It redefines the region sound tuning possibilities. As a teaser, CREG=0x0B0B0400. Killer new sound.
very interesting. I'll be patient until then.. no just kidding, I'll send my 1a to nayparm :wink:

Mar 10, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #7,569 of 8,232
This version only added the J1, J2 and J3 regions whilst maintaining everything else and is the latest official release. We’re currently testing a new version that will add some extra gain options apart from a mind blowing custom region setting. I can tell you that it’s worth waiting for as I’ve been using it for a month or more now. It redefines the region sound tuning possibilities. Killer new sound.
thanks for sharing, I'm super hyped just for the low latency mode but the other stuff is just really mind blowing hahahaha

Mar 11, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #7,570 of 8,232
That’s very interesting! I use my modded 1z (in a 1A) shell, mainly to and from work, biking! I find the Walkman One a bit to the thin side, tuning wise. For my purpose you need the body from the official 3.02. I have tried any tuning combination possible, to no success. I always end up with the bass turned up and the copper cables. So. If the region tuning can give me the body of 3.02 and anything else from J3, I’m good! Really looking forward to this!

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #7,572 of 8,232
Hate to say it, needs or be released for people to see. Gonna go harsh go with this I dropped CFW as far too much hiding within an elite group.

Post the FW as is if is such a vast improvement why are you holding off?

Q-6

Mar 15, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #7,573 of 8,232
Hate to say it, needs or be released for people to see. Gonna go harsh go with this I dropped CFW as far too much hiding within an elite group.

Q-6
Possibly because it is not stable enough for wide release and MrWalkman can’t support it if there are too many problems.

Originally he was able to dedicate huge amounts of time to this project but now he has a full time job and a life so has much less time for this so it takes it’s time and it is not as if he has any obligation to any of us to deliver it.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #7,574 of 8,232

Q-6
It’s currently only accessible via a test firmware that enables the custom region settings. And it even caused my WM1A to go into a boot loop during initial testing. So it’s not that safe to be fully released yet. And Bogdan is also very busy with his job and personal life as well. Hope that clears the air as to why it can’t just be released as it is. Appreciate your patience.

Mar 16, 2023 at 1:51 AM Post #7,575 of 8,232
It’s currently only accessible via a test firmware that enables the custom region settings. And it even caused my WM1A to go into a boot loop during initial testing. So it’s not that safe to be fully released yet. And Bogdan is also very busy with his job and personal life as well. Hope that clears the air as to why it can’t just be released as it is. Appreciate your patience.
Idk, J3 works perfectly and I'm using the latest version of walkmanone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back