Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Oct 1, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #77 of 8,242
@MrWalkman fanatsic job on the DMP Firmware.
The clarity and detail retrieval is stunning, I am still playing around with different albums, but this is very very nice.
Quick question, how do I revert back to the Chameleon 2.0?
I would like to compare the different firmware releases.

Thanks!

Use StockRevert from the archive, and then just install CHAMELEON 2.0.

The CHAMELEON 2.0 mod already has the WM1 external tuning, so there's no need to apply the StockRevert Ext. Tuning.

Oct 1, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #79 of 8,242
Thanks!

Use StockRevert from the archive, and then just install CHAMELEON 2.0.

The CHAMELEON 2.0 mod already has the WM1 external tuning, so there's no need to apply the StockRevert Ext. Tuning.
Yup DMP for the win!!
My modded player is now getting sealed shut :)
Thank you for taking care of the software side of things :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Oct 1, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #80 of 8,242
But if I had applied it before I installed Chamleon 2, switched to Z, then installed Chamelon 2 again,
then this is still Ok?

Yep, it's ok. Just one more step.

Yup DMP for the win!!
My modded player is now getting sealed shut :)
Thank you for taking care of the software side of things :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Glad you like it! :)

Oct 1, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #81 of 8,242
@MrWalkman
I'm currently on dmp-z1 as for my previous custom firmware and the installer doesn't detect my dap, could it be that I need to switch my model back to wm1?

I saw that the second tuning installer can be run by dmp-z1 model, Can I just overwrite it on top instead?

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #82 of 8,242
5B16C19F-5DF5-4210-8FF4-E517ED14BEE9.jpeg

Used a 1Z in J region reverted back to full Sony stock 3.02 then did the DMP-Z1 installation.

Man-O-man is there some clarity here. A special boost is resolution with bigger than life imaging and a wild closeness I am positive I’ve never heard from the player. Yet it has a nice all-dressed-up-for-church refinement which becomes charming one you get to know it. Really an all around cohesive grouping of elements. Sad though the bass is not as accentuated as I am used to. There really is a push for bass subjugation in the order of life in this town? Yet I can normally get used to such affairs at the cost of a week of listening, so here it goes.

Once again Thank-you, as the Magic never stops, all fun and zero disappointments........when is that in life?

Edit:

Pretty sure NO DAP on earth is like this.........just a guess?

Rare Bonus Second Edit:

Actually I must be mistaken on the bass part? Did a off-on and now all seems great.
Sorry for the confusion. It was that or me? I had installed the firmware at 3:00am? All is well now!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #84 of 8,242
Cool. Great place for custom firmware!

My sound tune firmware link is >> HERE
Recommend to update stock v3.02 first and then do the tune firmware. Don't forget to restart you Walkman after finished,

Updated Classical firmware to v1.1 for 1A. This particular firmware beat my mod 1Z overall sound.

1Z version is soon.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #85 of 8,242
This DMP firmware mod just brings my 1A to a whole new level! Absolutely amazing!!! Thanks a lot Mr. Walkman👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Wait for sony to read this 😅

Oct 1, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #87 of 8,242
@MrWalkman
I'm currently on dmp-z1 as for my previous custom firmware and the installer doesn't detect my dap, could it be that I need to switch my model back to wm1?

I saw that the second tuning installer can be run by dmp-z1 model, Can I just overwrite it on top instead?

You would need the model as 1A/1Z. Just change it to the original model.

Only the first installer has the actual modded firmware, so you need to run the first one first. :)

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #88 of 8,242
Regarding the bass, I still hear it there, and it slams really deep and good.

Maybe it also depends on the gear, but I think it's perfect as is. :)

Give it a longer listening, to get used to this new sound signature for our 1A/1Z. I am also using the J region by the way.

Oct 1, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #89 of 8,242
Regarding the bass, I still hear it there, and it slams really deep and good.

Maybe it also depends on the gear, but I think it's perfect as is. :)

Give it a longer listening, to get used to this new sound signature for our 1A/1Z. I am also using the J region by the way.

You are always on 1a right?
I for instance went back to E region. Even after 2 years being forced and enprisoned with it on 1z and hating it!
Hilariously on 1a I love it !

E in comparison to other regions has a special bass response its not a typical bass texture, there is a slight fun deep grooves in it.

Same goes for treble its slightly sharper but On my noirs it's perfect. It has a nice tone to it a little quicker and very playfull.

Vocals are clear and loud.

Wonder what E + dmp-wm1- z1 will do

Oct 1, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #90 of 8,242
I also think the bass is perfect, the amount of detail generated for all frequencies with that soundstage is frankly staggering. I still need some time to get used to so much information hitting me all at once...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back