Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Oct 1, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #61 of 8,242
Dude, comparing the 1A with the WM1A/Z++ vs the 1Z with the DMP-Z1, there is a big difference in volume! All the instruments and everything just come forward at you! My ears finally can hear a big difference! Madre de Dios!!! Woohoo!!

Yeah it’s even louder than the ++. I have to turn down the volume quite a lot. But the sound is all good so far. This mod came out just the right time as my Erlky has finally arrived. Listening to them with DMP-1Z (I don’t know what to call this version, might as well combine the “DMP” and “1Z” :smile: ) and enjoying every second of it.

Oct 1, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #63 of 8,242
Then I installed DMP-Z1 (1.0) a d went to a error (in windows) saying the device does not respond. With a finish button. I didn't click ad the walkman continued updating by it self. After WM1A rebooted, i installed the tuning file as described which installed really quick. Is that normal?

Yes, I already updated the installer in the archive, the error should be gone.

Ignore it.

Oct 1, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #64 of 8,242
DMP-1Z FTW

Oct 1, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #65 of 8,242
Someone from forum just testing new FW. :gs1000smile:

ad.jpg

:tiger2: :cat2: :smile_cat: :ksc75smile::feet:
Sony did it again 20 years later !

Should update the picture haha and have a tiger driving a truck with sony dap testing the music 🙃🙃🙃

extreme-pissed-off-tiger-driving-a-monster-truck-jumping-over-an-explosion-with-galaxy-erik-paul.jpg

Oct 1, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #66 of 8,242
:tiger2: :cat2: :smile_cat: :ksc75smile::feet:
Sony did it again 20 years later !

Should update the picture haha and have a tiger driving a truck with sony dap testing the music 🙃🙃🙃

extreme-pissed-off-tiger-driving-a-monster-truck-jumping-over-an-explosion-with-galaxy-erik-paul.jpg
Under that monster truck shall be the crappy Daps ready to be crushed 🤣

Oct 1, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #67 of 8,242
I'd like to compare sound on different FWs and now trying to revert back to stock from
today's DMP-1Z.

I am following instructions:

1. Install StockRevert (DMP-WM1) -
appeared to go well - this running bar on the display, etc.

2. After that, install StockRevert_Ext_Tuning -
I run this file - Software Update Window appeared - pushed OK - and nothing.
Window dissapeared and that's all - my 1A display showed no further activity.
Is this normal? WAIDW? :)

UPD: Seems I had to restart my PC.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #68 of 8,242
When installing, make sure that the DMP-WM1 installer was closed completely (by you) before launching the DMP-WM1 Ext. Tuning.

With both the firmware and the Ext. Tuning, the player should restart, so there should be two restarts of the player.

Same goes for the reverting process.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #70 of 8,242
For those having problems with the installation, I recommend you start from stock before applying the steps.

First time I tried, I was on WM1Z+ (2.0), did the first step of the new FW, it went through but the second step kept saying connect a cable...
I checked my model number and it was still on 1Z, so there was definitely something wrong.

Switched back to 1A, went back to stock and started the process again, and this time it worked from the first time.

Oct 1, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #71 of 8,242
Can anyone please comment on how this new DMP-WM1 firmware compares to the Chameleon/1Z switch?

Oct 1, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #72 of 8,242
First time I tried, I was on WM1Z+ (2.0), did the first step of the new FW, it went through but the second step kept saying connect a cable...
I checked my model number and it was still on 1Z, so there was definitely something wrong.

Switched back to 1A, went back to stock and started the process again, and this time it worked from the first time.

I'll have a look at it, to see if I can see something that could be fixed on my part.

Oct 1, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #73 of 8,242
I am on my mobile data how heavy is all the dmp-wm1 file size to download ?
How many files do we need to dl?

Oct 1, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #74 of 8,242
Oct 1, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #75 of 8,242

Users who are viewing this thread

Back