Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Nov 5, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #1,351 of 8,314
Nov 5, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #1,356 of 8,314
Nov 5, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #1,357 of 8,314
sorry I did not understand
Normal TRS only have 3 contacts, the L and R use the common ground. TRRS have separate + and - on the L and R channel, If you plug a TRS male to TRRS female, then have a chance to short the DAP circuit.

Nov 6, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #1,358 of 8,314
Imagine a world where the bass hits hard. Real hard and I mean brain rattling hard. Deepness to the abyss. Mids that are full, breathy and sweet. Highs that are superbly silky and smooth. All frequencies sound perfect. Nothing bleeds into anything. Timbre is spot on. No harshness, older recordings are forgiven yet details are absolutely presented in pristine clarity. Is that even possible you ask? Stay tuned!

Nov 6, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #1,359 of 8,314
Imagine a world where the bass hits hard. Real hard and I mean brain rattling hard. Deepness to the abyss. Mids that are full, breathy and sweet. Highs that are superbly silky and smooth. All frequencies sound perfect. Timbre is spot on. No harshness, older recordings are forgiven yet details are absolutely presented in pristine clarity. Is that even possible you ask? Stay tuned!

Wow, it just keeps getting better! What’s the ETA please :smile:

Nov 6, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #1,360 of 8,314
Nov 6, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #1,362 of 8,314
For the A4x/A5x it's been "this week" for a long time now. Getting tired of the hype.

Well, that's why it would be better if I won't give ETAs next time. I already mentioned it should arrive sometimes this week. This thing is not my main priority in life, so it will arrive when it will arrive :)

Edit: @aceedburn is talking about something extra for the WM1A/WM1Z's DMP-WM1 MK2 by the way.

A45/A35 will first receive the equivalent of DMP-WM1 (MK1), so the hype is not directed at A45/A35 for now anyway. Also, I never asked anyone to hype these things by the way, just if anyone thought otherwise.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #1,363 of 8,314
For the A4x/A5x it's been "this week" for a long time now. Getting tired of the hype.
Well there’s always stock firmware for you to play around with while waiting then perhaps?

Nov 6, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #1,364 of 8,314
Well, that's why it would be better if I won't give ETAs next time. I already mentioned it should arrive sometimes this week. This thing is not my main priority in life, so it will arrive when it will arrive :)

Edit: @aceedburn is talking about something extra for the WM1A/WM1Z' DMP-WM1 MK2 by the way.

A45/A35 will first receive the equivalent of DMP-WM1 (MK1), so the hype is not directed at A45/A35 for now anyway.
And I was afraid we wouldn't get to try the the Mk1 firmware. Thanks

Nov 6, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #1,365 of 8,314
I've been listening to the reloaded+ on my NW45 for a while now and really like it

I wasn't that fond of the NW45 in stock form before to be honest and wasn't using it much, my phone was actually not worse, so the stock nw45 was ignored... until I tried the reloaded+ fw. I can't name the changes but everything just sounds better now than stock. I use the Bluetooth receiver mode most of the time with spotify and i like it more than the same songs played directly from the stock nw45. The LDAC format seems to be really good it seems, at least I can't see any loss in the bluetooth transmission.

I also compared the reloaded+ nw45 to the chord mojo and prefer the nw45 to the mojo. Everything sounds more relaxed and smoother on the nw45, it seems to play the music at a slower, more mellow pace. The Mojo sounds faster but also harder in comparison. Of course the nw45 doesn't have the resolution of the mojo, but it has more subbass and sounds more forgiving and "analogue" than the mojo. It became my first choise player now, thanks a lot @MrWalkman, you have done an amazing thing here!

Now I'm wondering if I should buy a used ZX300 and try the DMP fw on it. Is the ZX300 much better than the nw45 soundwise? The nw45 reloaded+ seems to be based on the ZX300 firmware so they may sound very similar, don't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back