Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Feb 11, 2024 at 11:54 PM Post #8,086 of 8,232
Holy Ssssss !! I managed to have BT receiver mode working properly in Plus V2 mode, even with screen on or off, Tried so many times and I'm streaming Apple music lossless with LDAC codec through WM1A, audio quality priority 990kbps and currently screen is off!

I'm using lastest CFW (built 07_03) - 2022 i believe, downloaded from this thread that contains J1 J2 J3 experiments

Here my settings:

-Walkman One built 07_03 (2022), downloaded from this thread, newer than on website
-region set to J3
-external tuning WM1Z applied
-boot with plus V2 (lock button switched up when booting)

I switched off the lock button to enable touch screen again and just like that, trying BT receiver when in plus V2 mode just because it was worth trying, nothing to lose and didn't expect this.
On the note, I'm using LDAC connection here.

Again, thanks to you @nc8000 for your guidance and billion thanks to the one and only @MrWalkman
The BT receiver works well. No issues with it with whatever mode. Just that it glitches once in a while on plus v2 depending on the file bitrate and other unknown conditions. Not all the time.

Feb 12, 2024 at 12:13 AM Post #8,087 of 8,232
The BT receiver works well. No issues with it with whatever mode. Just that it glitches once in a while on plus v2 depending on the file bitrate and other unknown conditions. Not all the time.

Yeah before I try myself, I read cases where people have BT issues with plus mode, that lead me to have perception about BT issues with plus mode.
Thanks for reassuring again.

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:30 AM Post #8,088 of 8,232
V2 with screen off never works for me. I stream from Apple devices so aac

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:46 AM Post #8,089 of 8,232
Could be the codec crash problem? Have you try to reinstall the walkman One fw?

Feb 12, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #8,091 of 8,232
Using AAC on WM1Z...ouch 🤕
Well that’s what Apple iOS devices are able to stream so there is no choice but I very rarely do any streaming so it does not bother me, 99,9% og my use is playing locally stored music

Feb 12, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #8,092 of 8,232
Could be the codec crash problem? Have you try to reinstall the walkman One fw?
No. I very rarely do any streaming so it does not bother me, 99,9% og my use is playing locally stored music

Feb 12, 2024 at 6:34 AM Post #8,093 of 8,232
Ahh. I use an iphone but rarely use it as a streamer. Mostly LDAC from my LG phone.

Feb 12, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #8,095 of 8,232
Ahh. I use an iphone but rarely use it as a streamer. Mostly LDAC from my LG phone.
I very rarely do any streaming at all, only if I watch a movie on my iPad and want that sound through the Sony dap. 99,9% is playing locally stored music, so I just leave the screen on for those rare occasions

Feb 12, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #8,096 of 8,232
I very rarely do any streaming at all, only if I watch a movie on my iPad and want that sound through the Sony dap. 99,9% is playing locally stored music, so I just leave the screen on for those rare occasions
Likewise. I’m 99% of the time on local files as well. Nothing beats the satisfaction of true hi res.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #8,097 of 8,232
Hey there! Not sure if you have succeeded with changing the language, but I have followed this tutorial here for my Japanese Zx300 this weekend and it worked like a charm. Hope it would help.

Yeah did it yesterday with mr walkman setting firmware with help from @nc8000 .
Thanks anyway! Appreciate it

Likewise. I’m 99% of the time on local field as well. Nothing beats the satisfaction of true hi res.
Your avatar says it all mate! I also prefer true flacs from local storage but my jpop genre isn't easy to get flac files, so streaming also needed for me.

Feb 17, 2024 at 7:45 PM Post #8,099 of 8,232
Feb 17, 2024 at 7:58 PM Post #8,100 of 8,232
I wonder if there will ever be a WAV only custom firmware, like quloos ones, to maximise SQ.. that would be nuts
alot of people dont even know this but the walkman already has this feature built in it, you just have to make sure all of your music that you store is all in WAV, otherwise it wont work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back