Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Aug 29, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #5,373 of 8,248
Creo que esto es un poco, con respecto a la instalación de la aplicación del reproductor WM1A / Z en las pantallas más pequeñas:

screenshot_20170103_061445954.png screenshot_20170103_062756506.png screenshot_20170103_062807601.png

Se puede notar que las cosas están un poco más apretadas en la pantalla.

En el menú EQ, el rectángulo superior se superpone un poco al icono de la batería, pero creo que es aceptable.
Hi. I'm new here and thank you very much for the mods that you have released. Used for my a55. The mod DMP-A50R FE. Based on the zx300. Which I like. About fitting the screen into something small like the a55 if it looks great even where you are. Said you could put the FM radio icon on it .if it would that would be great. Thanks for your enormous effort I will be in the know

Aug 29, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #5,374 of 8,248
Hola .soy nuevo por aquí y muchas gracias por los mods QUE usted a lanzado. Utilizó para mi a55. El mod

DMP-A50R FE . Basado en el zx300 . Lo cual me gusta . Sobre encajar la pantalla en algo pequeño como el a55 si se ve genial asta donde usted lo esta haciendo . Dijo que podría ponerle el icono de la radio FM .si fuera así sería genial. Gracias por su enorme esfuerzo estaré al tanto.

Hey, for now I didn't manage to add the radio icon, hopefully I'll be able to.

I might be able to also make the Equalizer area not overlap the battery, but if not, I think it really looks good regardless, in comparison to how it would normally be like.

Aug 29, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #5,375 of 8,248
Oye, por ahora no logré agregar el ícono de radio, espero poder hacerlo.

También podría hacer que el área del ecualizador no se superponga a la batería, pero si no, creo que realmente se ve bien de todos modos, en comparación con cómo sería normalmente.
Por lo que puedo ver, la pantalla del ecualizador tocando el ícono de la batería es lo mínimo que podría vivir así. ya que no se nota mucho. por más que estoy en la pantalla de portada que en la configuración. es un gran proyecto el que haces. Quiero sentir el sonido del walkman WM1A. ya que por ahora está fuera de mi alcance por motivos económicos. pero mi a55 que llevo dos años junto con la XBA-300AP. Son un deleite auditivo. . Disculpa mi inglés. Estoy usando un traductor. Yo soy de PERU

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #5,376 of 8,248
i'm italian and..ehm...sir...you're translating in italian,and pretty bad..🤣🤣

Aug 29, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #5,377 of 8,248
Hello, hope you all always be a healthy, dan forget to be happy and treat and clean your ear as well..after long season listening. long time no post, sorry for the long question
There will be a firmware exactly to switch a 1A to a 1Z,
if someone is curious about the 1Z sound.
Before I know the Mr. walkman mods I always wanted to have NM-WM1Z it's beautiful and stunning, so this is my endgame. When did I know the NW-WM1A can be sounded like WM1Z and many mods I tried? Whops it's beyond SONY, and I feel a little lost why I buy WM1Z... When sony create firmware and variant region based on local, with 2 products NW-WM1 what is intended to create the product with high gap price tag is just hardware and sonic quality are so different and more superior to others? but here Mr.Walkman close that gap and make all users happy, thank you very much Mr.Walkman for your dedicated works for this community,. How about the sound heard as intend artist/producer sound should like in terms of firmware and hardware WM1A/Z, maybe 1A is best for listening...genre music like... and 1z...with this mods fw and so on, which one is your prefer? I think some of us as the user mods NW-WM1 A/Z might pair the best of earphones or headphones that are used in the best version you like most and suit for your library, but the point final of this Mr. Walkman mods is to bring the sound of WM1Z to WM1A(what sound is the stock fw, and what fw). I never hear the stock of WM1A, or some mods version at all, as the user of NMW1Z, sorry last if is stupid question can Mr. Walkman bring the mod for make sound(best stock fw) of WM1A to WM1Z too, and currently I still use old FEv2 and my favorite, I plan to upgrade to dawn and midnight V2

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #5,378 of 8,248
I run Midnight v2, Project Z tuning, Plus v2 and alternate DAC initialization on my 1A and 1Z.

The differences I hear between the two is due to the hardware differences. If I had to choose one player I would pick the 1Z if money was not an issue. If money was an issue you can't go wrong with the 1A and the settings I've used.

Aug 29, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #5,379 of 8,248
Dawn with the FEv2 tuning is basically a slightly improved FEv2, while also having the Plus v2 mode.

Maybe you'll give it a try someday :)
I have...

Q-6

Aug 29, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #5,380 of 8,248
I run Midnight v2, Project Z tuning, Plus v2 and alternate DAC initialization on my 1A and 1Z.

The differences I hear between the two is due to the hardware differences. If I had to choose one player I would pick the 1Z if money was not an issue. If money was an issue you can't go wrong with the 1A and the settings I've used.
Well, I haven’t used all the aftermarket firmware or regions, but? The Walkman 1Z has an intrinsic sound (with what I’ve used?) A fuller soundstage and deeper bass as well as a more holographic treble? Though for what miracles have happened to the 1A, my attitude is to the sky (as what might be possible) as far as bringing out the latent possibilities....which MAY be hidden in the 1A. It’s to be said the 1A has a midrange that’s priceless in comparison 1Z! The 1Z doesn’t quite get there in comparison to the 1A, as far as the mids are are concerned! IMO

Though your results may vary depending on IEM, and support structures such as firmware, regions, cables, IEM tips, fit....placement, perceived IEM quality.....et cetera, et cetera.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #5,382 of 8,248
Next plans are:
- working on the WM1A-only Midnight version (hopefully all goes well)
Basically, this would be a new approach to getting the WM1A even closer to the WM1Z sound signature.
Theoretically, the WM1A-only Midnight version should sound more alike to how Midnight sounds on a WM1Z.

Good news!

After initial testing done by @aceedburn and @Lookout57, this is a success.

I thought I've bridged the gap between 1A and 1Z as much as possible, but it seems that there was something more.

It will take some days until this would be ready for release for 1A, so stay tuned.

I also have an idea related to the DMP sound provided by Dawn, for sometimes in the future. It may work, it may not.

WM1A:
- A new 1A-only Midnight release (the 1Z already has the 1Z sound, so there's no additional release for the 1Z)
- A 1A-only release to get the 1Z sound on a 1A

ZX300:
- Stock firmware-based Midnight and Dawn
- WM1A/Z firmware-based Midnight and Dawn

AXX:
- WM1A/Z firmware-based Midnight and Dawn

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #5,383 of 8,248
I never hear the stock of WM1A, or some mods version at all, as the user of NMW1Z, sorry last if is stupid question can Mr. Walkman bring the mod for make sound(best stock fw) of WM1A to WM1Z too

The thing is that they're not just different sound signatures - the 1A sound signature is inferior to the 1Z one. This is why I think there's no point in bringing an inferior (not just different) sound signature to the 1Z.

The 1Z still has an edge, due to the hardware, but while Sony could justify the price gap between 1A and 1Z as R&D done to achieve the 1Z sound signature, I don't think that I'd pay that much - except if I'd just have money laying around which I don't need. Even then, I'd most probably get a 1A and have it hardware modded. This is only my thinking, of course.

I have...

Q-6

Well, something more should be coming for Dawn as well in the future anyways.

The Walkman 1Z has an intrinsic sound (with what I’ve used?) A fuller soundstage and deeper bass as well as a more holographic treble?

Prepare for the gap to be bridged even more. :)

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #5,384 of 8,248
I can testify that this new magic potion brings the 1A as close as possible to the 1Z.

I'm lucky to have a 1A and a 1Z that allowed me to do direct comparisons. Both are Region J, Plus v2 and alternate DAC mode. Using the Solaris 2020, AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC tips and balanced DHC Clone Silver cable.

I would listen to a portion of a song on the 1Z, then listen to the same portion on the 1A running this new version. Then I would listen to a full track on each back to back.

The sound is now the closest I have ever heard. But I can still hear differences.

The 1Z is more open and detailed versus the new version of Midnight for the 1A which has a touch more bass/warmth. The soundstage size is now very similar. I would say the 1Z is more resolving due to the hardware. But the 1A running this new version of Midnight is one amazing sounding DAP.

Aug 30, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #5,385 of 8,248
I can testify that this new magic potion brings the 1A as close as possible to the 1Z.

I'm lucky to have a 1A and a 1Z that allowed me to do direct comparisons. Both are Region J, Plus v2 and alternate DAC mode. Using the Solaris 2020, AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC tips and balanced DHC Clone Silver cable.

I would listen to a portion of a song on the 1Z, then listen to the same portion on the 1A running this new version. Then I would listen to a full track on each back to back.

The sound is now the closest I have ever heard. But I can still hear differences.

The 1Z is more open and detailed versus the new version of Midnight for the 1A which has a touch more bass/warmth. The soundstage size is now very similar. I would say the 1Z is more resolving due to the hardware. But the 1A running this new version of Midnight is one amazing sounding DAP.
So exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back