Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Aug 3, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #5,086 of 8,232
Lets see if your new v2 FW can surpass your legendary FEv2

image.jpg

Aug 3, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #5,087 of 8,232
Hello everyone :)

Some work is being done, with news coming in the following days.

TxPbG8G.png

As I was saying before, I plan on having some kind of .ini file where we can do stuff as:
  • choosing the region
  • choosing if we want Plus mode to be used as default (without using the Hold key)
  • choosing between the existent Plus mode and a new Plus mode
  • choosing to use a slightly higher gain mode (this was available with the old ++ mod)
  • choosing to have any region but also have the remote option, which is only available with the J/E/one more regions (theoretically it's possible, but we shall see)

I may have additional ideas.

Stay tuned!
Ooiiiii, nice to see you back. How was the move? How are you?

Aug 3, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #5,089 of 8,232
The only reason I ever look in this thread for a few months now is to see if there's a new MrWalkman update. Feel like a kid on Christmas today :jecklinsmile:

Looking forward to seeing what new characteristics come with the new firmware. I imagine having a Nayparm modded unit will influence things a lot moving forward, too.

Aug 4, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #5,090 of 8,232
Hello everyone :)

Some work is being done, with news coming in the following days.

TxPbG8G.png

As I was saying before, I plan on having some kind of .ini file where we can do stuff as:
  • choosing the region
  • choosing if we want Plus mode to be used as default (without using the Hold key)
  • choosing between the existent Plus mode and a new Plus mode
  • choosing to use a slightly higher gain mode (this was available with the old ++ mod)
  • choosing to have any region but also have the remote option, which is only available with the J/E/one more regions (theoretically it's possible, but we shall see)

I may have additional ideas.

Stay tuned!
The fox is back. 😆

Aug 4, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #5,091 of 8,232
Exciting times again. Again, just like when I asked on a blog where the firmwares could be accessed last year.

Aug 4, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #5,092 of 8,232
The only reason I ever look in this thread for a few months now is to see if there's a new MrWalkman update. Feel like a kid on Christmas today :jecklinsmile:

Looking forward to seeing what new characteristics come with the new firmware. I imagine having a Nayparm modded unit will influence things a lot moving forward, too.

Me too…..but I have had an update…..since @MrWalkman ( kind of left the building )

Will still be interested in his updates though, if I can ever prise myself away….?

Attachments

• 83C08925-2D27-478F-B917-E5D967F88D93.jpeg
    83C08925-2D27-478F-B917-E5D967F88D93.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Aug 4, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #5,093 of 8,232
Me too…..but I have had an update…..since @MrWalkman ( kind of left the building )

Will still be interested in his updates though, if I can ever prise myself away….?
How exciting! Congratulations!

Aug 4, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #5,096 of 8,232
@Rob49 congrats! I was always wondering if there is a huge difference to the wm1-DAPs with the DMP-FE tuning? (but for the sake of my wallet... don't be too honest and tell me my wm1z can still keep up :sweat_smile:)

Thank you @costas23 I have the Sony ZX300 Walkman & that HAD been the best thing I had heard, with @MrWalkman firmware updates….until I finally heard the DMP-Z1.

I’ve never heard or owned the 1A or 1Z.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #5,098 of 8,232
Thank you @costas23 I have the Sony ZX300 Walkman & that HAD been the best thing I had heard, with @MrWalkman firmware updates….until I finally heard the DMP-Z1.

I’ve never heard or owned the 1A or 1Z.
That's quite a jump in both price and sound quality - nice! I imagine the usual progression would be the ZX300 to a 1A or 1Z then own the TA-ZH1ES for a couple of years, then rob a bank or sell a kidney to finance the DMP-Z1.

Aug 4, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #5,099 of 8,232
That's quite a jump in both price and sound quality - nice! I imagine the usual progression would be the ZX300 to a 1A or 1Z then own the TA-ZH1ES for a couple of years, then rob a bank or sell a kidney to finance the DMP-Z1.

I own the TA-ZH1ES, too. Just never got round to buying a 1A or 1Z. MY first purchase was the Sony ZX2, then wanted to try balance so bought the ZX300.

Aug 4, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #5,100 of 8,232
I own the TA-ZH1ES, too. Just never got round to buying a 1A or 1Z. MY first purchase was the Sony ZX2, then wanted to try balance so bought the ZX300.
My 1A and TA-ZH1ES bring me a lot of listening pleasure, but it is addicting taking each step up in quality as it takes the basic concept of hearing music and opening it up and zooming in on it and taking the experience of hearing your well known and loved music to a refreshed new level of listening pleasure.
From hearing feedback and comparisons of the DMP-Z1 it sounds to be an awesome audio experience, unless I find one in about 20 years for sale with a cracked screen and dead battery I doubt I will get to own one.
Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back