Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Jul 23, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #5,071 of 8,230
Hi

I want to install Project Z, I'm using debian10, the player is A45. Is there a step by step guide somewhere?

Thanks

Its a pretty straightforward process. Walkmans site is pretty self explanatory even containing a few images. Literally do it just like the site suggests. Make sure files are in the walkman and do it in the specified order. Let the FW do the rest.

As for region change if need be i have a document that goes in depth but im not at home to post that here atm.

Edit: i should've done a bit of searching before i spoke. Didn't realize Debian 10 was some sort of OS or something. I just assumed it was a headphone/IEM for whatever reason. Disregard my comment.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #5,072 of 8,230
Hi

I want to install Project Z, I'm using debian10, the player is A45. Is there a step by step guide somewhere?

Thanks
The installers are for Windows (and some for Mac) only so I would guess you would need some kind of virtual machine with Windows

Jul 23, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #5,073 of 8,230
Hi

Thanks

The installers are for Windows (and some for Mac) only so I would guess you would need some kind of virtual machine with Windows
Yep Windows only & a few macOS install so a VM is the solution. For those not technically minded probably the best solution is to just ask a friend or family member with a Windows system to help out. Not ideal, however get's you where you want to be so to speak.

Q-6

Jul 23, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #5,074 of 8,230
Ok, thanks the replies, maybe I have an old laptop at home with windows installed, I'll try.
Which of the two fws is recommended? Is there a big difference between the two?

Jul 26, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #5,075 of 8,230
NW-A45/ project z firmware using how long the approx runtime? (flac 16 / 44.1)

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #5,076 of 8,230
NW-A45/ project z firmware using how long the approx runtime? (flac 16 / 44.1)
About the same as the stock fw

Jul 27, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #5,077 of 8,230
Jul 29, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #5,078 of 8,230
Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #5,080 of 8,230
Hey all, hope everyone is keeping safe and sound and have already been vaccinated. Ive had much more time to spend with my walkman nowadays since COVID has effected my business a lot. Hope we see things get better real soon for all of us. God bless.

Aug 3, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #5,081 of 8,230
Hello everyone :)

Some work is being done, with news coming in the following days.

TxPbG8G.png

As I was saying before, I plan on having some kind of .ini file where we can do stuff as:
  • choosing the region
  • choosing if we want Plus mode to be used as default (without using the Hold key)
  • choosing between the existent Plus mode and a new Plus mode
  • choosing to use a slightly higher gain mode (this was available with the old ++ mod)
  • choosing to have any region but also have the remote option, which is only available with the J/E/one more regions (theoretically it's possible, but we shall see)

I may have additional ideas.

Stay tuned!

Aug 3, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #5,082 of 8,230

TxPbG8G.png

As I was saying before, I plan on having some kind of .ini file where we can do stuff as:
  • choosing the region
  • choosing if we want Plus mode to be used as default (without using the Hold key)
  • choosing to use a slightly higher gain mode (this was available with the old ++ mod)
  • choosing to have any region but also have the remote option, which is only available with the J/E/one more regions (theoretically it's possible, but we shall see)

Stay tuned!

Great to have you back :)

Aug 3, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #5,083 of 8,230

TxPbG8G.png

• choosing the region

Stay tuned!
Good news.

Suggestion instead of calling the non-plus Classic how about just calling it Dawn v2 or Midnight v2 and Plus versions Dawn Plus v2 and Midnight Plus v2?

Aug 3, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #5,084 of 8,230

TxPbG8G.png

• choosing the region

Stay tuned!

Good to have you back. Please also remember those poor souls with A30/40/50 :) Minden jót!

Aug 3, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #5,085 of 8,230
Good news.

Suggestion instead of calling the non-plus Classic how about just calling it Dawn v2 or Midnight v2 and Plus versions Dawn Plus v2 and Midnight Plus v2?

That's a good idea, thanks.

Good to have you back. Please also remember those poor souls with A30/40/50 :) Minden jót!

A bit harder with A30 as I don't have it, and it's a struggle to do something and have someone else test it, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back