Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Oct 5, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #422 of 8,329
Mine is a used one which has been used for 300 hours.

Cool. Well it’s just my opinion but even since yours is all set you may want to listen to 2.0 or 3.02 to try and an idea of the original sound. It kind of has been where many of us came from. It may help you understand how and why you tend to notice improvements and why certain things are important to you. There is no right or wrong way to do this progress, though keep in mind regardless of the new firmware you end up installing; the IEM/headphone and your own personal preferences will ultimately decide what you stay with. Meaning it’s a combination of things that can come together. Typically the best end results will have you not question your IEMs/headphones or DAP but seem like the natural communication of music.

Obviously everyone has different gear, plus everyone may have different listening genres. Though at times part of this process is an adjustment period where we learn to like stuff that we may question at the start. As part of the listening is mental burn in.......there may be a firmware that your not sure about at the first minute, yet after just an hour it may seem like one to stay with.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #424 of 8,329
Last edited:
Oct 5, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #425 of 8,329
Oct 5, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #426 of 8,329
I would only buy a junk unit for parts if i wanted to mod a 1A or 1Z. Otherwise, I’m sticking to stock parts.

Oct 5, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #427 of 8,329
Oct 5, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #428 of 8,329
What happened to your 1Z? Battery got KO’d?

Yes the battery overheated and leaked, seems he go a bad batch as the same has happened to another player during burn in

Oct 5, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #429 of 8,329
Can’t fault him for that. That’s just bad luck. Hope you get it soon to apply the new CFW

Oct 5, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #430 of 8,329
Can’t fault him for that. That’s just bad luck. Hope you get it soon to apply the new CFW

Yes it is just plain bad luck. The question is, has the main board been damaged so it needs to be replaced

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #431 of 8,329
cant believe i spend usd1000 on wm1a and get alot more :)

Oct 5, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #432 of 8,329
641810DF-A405-433F-92C2-195C8DFCFCD2.jpeg

You could lay on your back in a big grassy field and dream of what the ultimate 1Z signature would be, and it wouldn’t be THIS good. Simply another example of reality being stranger than fiction. To say I have never heard anything like this is an understatement.

The 1Z treble was always a slight issue for me. The treble I used to call borderline “hot”, yet now it’s somehow a gorgeous light from above. I’m now hearing all kinds of new and unexplainable elements in the old songs I’m familiar with? Small embellishments which have been so subtle before they simply were not heard, yet hearing them for the first time they seem intentional? Hah

The new (to us) placed intentions in the music that we never heard. The fact that now sounds have a natural texture that allows a deeper emotional meaning. I’m going to stop as I’ve said enough, also maybe the white van will pull up out front and the guys in the white jumpsuits may take me away for observation?
I totally agree on this (and that’s an understatement too)😄

Oct 5, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #433 of 8,329
I had this on my ZX507 recently, thought it was a corrupted file, which I've had in the past with Mp3's, or the cable had dust in the mmcx connectors. I just restarted the player and all has been good since. It was soon after a factory reset probably coincidence.
Did a check and it is on the downloaded file as well, fortunately last track last seconds

Oct 5, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #434 of 8,329
More :beerchug: coming up your way @MrWalkman, as always awesome work !! Very much appreciated.

Oct 5, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #435 of 8,329
More :beerchug: coming up your way @MrWalkman, as always awesome work !! Very much appreciated.

Thanks, man! 🍻

I'm glad you like it, it's indeed something else! (not trying to gloat or anything, just my opinion)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back