Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Sep 25, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #168 of 7,711
Sep 25, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #172 of 7,711
  Looking at the ZX1 makes me feel embarrassed for all of those hideous ugly DAPs that are on the market right now. I just bought the FiiO X3 and it looks like it is from the stone age! I wont even comment on the Colorfly, HiFiMAN or HiFiSound products! :)

Sony was smart, it waited till there was a respectable market for it and it did it research on what people want. However they are still very stubborn for not including expansion slot. It seems like loosing to SD family is still bitter on their mind. 

Sep 25, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #175 of 7,711
$760 for the ZX1 is a lot of money... especially if you can't expand the memory. But at least finally the mainstream companies are starting to create flash based players with 128GB of memory. The Flash memory capacity has been out there all along and flash memory is quite cheap these days. I have been using an iPod classic 120GB for years, because I want to be able to carry around a big chunk of my music collection (lossless) at all times, because I listend to wildly varying types of music depending on my mood. And in spite of the SQ not being perfect, there was never a better alternative considering the whole package. At least now with Rockbox the SQ has improved somewhat and I can tweak the sound to my liking (the Apple EQ implementation was absolutely horrible).

What I'm most hopeful off is that other big electronics companies will see this and decided they need to bring out similar products. More competition can lead to better prices.

Sep 25, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #176 of 7,711
No micro SD card, hope will sound better then AK120.
Battery life is impressive for hi rez player. Is there WiFi?

Your Tera Player will sound better why do you care, I think you should continue worshiping it tell people what they are missing
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #179 of 7,711
Actually I am looking for a DAP that will have the same sound signature as the Tera has, but to be honest I haven't found one.
At least the Tera Player is only one but Sony will come with a different DAP each year.
Will still like to compare it with Tera.
Congratulations to Sony for making a DAP 24/192 which such long battery life.
Still very happy with Tera and Korta mode in case you wonder.:)

Sep 25, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #180 of 7,711
Yeah, and imagine what the total price will be if you can only import from Japan ?

I mailed Sony Europe about the ZX1, I don't expect a reply, but we'll see
smily_headphones1.gif

Am curious to hear what they have to say :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back