Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
May 14, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #5,311 of 7,711
Dignis Canas Buttero cases made in Italy for the Sony ZX1 Players

May 14, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #5,313 of 7,711
I have ordered a case from Japan, and asked my friend for DIY the leather cover.

tongue_smile.gif

May 14, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #5,314 of 7,711
  HI everyone, I will be visiting Japan in June for a few weeks. Where is the best place to pick up a zx or perhaps an f series walkman?
I was also wondering about the power and charging these devices.  Japan is on 100 and north america is 110.  Is this a problem?
Thanks again.  

I have been to Tokyo in March. I can hardly find a ZX-1 in retail store.
Finally I ordered on the Internet and paid by credit card.
However, the store required me to present my passport and credit card copy so as to process the order (as I am a foreigner)
So, you'd better search online for a retail store.
If you can email communicate in Japanese, it'd be fine to buy online.
(I believe Amazon Japan would be a easier way, but the price is not cheap)

May 15, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #5,317 of 7,711
Nice case but it doesn't look like it has adequate protection on the bottom.

Yea. But I put it in another case. Haha. I know. I know. OCD gets the better of me.

May 15, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #5,319 of 7,711

Yo dawg, I heard you like cases... :p

Seriously though, that Dignis case looks awesome. I've just been using the included Sony sleeve, but it stays in my bag a lot of the time anyway.

I love cases. Hehe. Especially well built one. Mehehe. I don't like the Sony sleeve and it's hard to insert and remove when it's in my pocket and I want to change sings/volume. When it's in my pocket I just use it with the Dignis case alone. When I am storing it the Dignis and the player goes into another case. Hehe. Lol.

May 15, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #5,320 of 7,711

Anak-Chan is best to ask where to pick up a ZX1 in Japan.

All Walkmans are charged via USB so you should have no problem... here in UK I tend to charge my ZX1/F887 via USB/Mains-plug which is rated at 240v.

I missed this. I was going to say that I'd be surprised if the ZX1 would still be hard to find 'cos it's been out for so long now (by JP standards :wink:). Having said that I did read somewhere someone wasn't able to find one very recently. I may do a little more "research" to see how readily available it is.

Edit: Oh...here it is. But looks like it was back in March that it was difficult to find :-

I have been to Tokyo in March. I can hardly find a ZX-1 in retail store.
Finally I ordered on the Internet and paid by credit card.
However, the store required me to present my passport and credit card copy so as to process the order (as I am a foreigner)
So, you'd better search online for a retail store.
If you can email communicate in Japanese, it'd be fine to buy online.
(I believe Amazon Japan would be a easier way, but the price is not cheap)

May 15, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #5,321 of 7,711
I'm having trouble with Artist name spellings, you know when some albums have caps and some don't so they appear as two artists. I have some that I've corrected in Media go in every field I can think of but they still appear with the dual spellings on the player. Anyone know how to force this.

May 15, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #5,322 of 7,711
@AnakChan Can you comment on how ZX-1 pairs with MHd-Q7? Is it a nice combo?

Sadly I couldnt get to the shop on time to get to test the pairing myself, they have one unit left and I think by this weekend changes are they are going to sale it. 

May 15, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #5,324 of 7,711
  @AnakChan Can you comment on how ZX-1 pairs with MHd-Q7? Is it a nice combo?

Sadly I couldnt get to the shop on time to get to test the pairing myself, they have one unit left and I think by this weekend changes are they are going to sale it. 

Wow, I will have to whip out my MHd-Q7. If you didn't mention it I'd completely forgotten I've got it! Will do it over the weekend.

May 15, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #5,325 of 7,711
  I'm having trouble with Artist name spellings, you know when some albums have caps and some don't so they appear as two artists. I have some that I've corrected in Media go in every field I can think of but they still appear with the dual spellings on the player. Anyone know how to force this.

Probably one of the tag fields still has it listed as the two different spellings. Try using AudioTagger ($3.99 USD app you can download directly to the ZX1 from the Google Play Store) or MP3Tag (free for Windows PC) to view and edit all the tags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back