Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
May 16, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #5,326 of 7,711
Speaking of cases, I bought a couple for my F887 made by igadgetz. I have an extra one (unopened/unused) if anyone is interested...

Very well built, sturdy, and provides great protection with the padded corners...

May 17, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #5,328 of 7,711
hello dear friends

I want to help , I am not a professional but I know what I want :)

what is the difference between sony f886 and nwz-zx1 , which one is a good choice for me ? I use westone 3 - sennheiser amperior  

***  1 or 2 months later I will buy   " inear stage driver sd3 "

by the way , I always listen electronic music , just electronic :)    not pop , classic , rock , jazz , bluess  

thank you

May 17, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #5,329 of 7,711
  hello dear friends

I want to help , I am not a professional but I know what I want :)

what is the difference between sony f886 and nwz-zx1 , which one is a good choice for me ?

I use westone 3 - sennheiser amperior  

***  1 or 2 months later I will buy   " inear stage driver sd3 "

by the way , I always listen electronic music , just electronic :)    not pop , classic , rock , jazz , bluess  

thank you

May 18, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #5,331 of 7,711
God this thing is a buggy piece of ****. Every time I plug it into the computer the launcher I bought disappears. Every few times I eject and unplug it, it freezes. The management of files and folders is abysmal, tagging is awful. I am just about ready to sell mine I have to say. My 10 year old iPod destroys the ZX1 in terms of file management and UI.

May 18, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #5,332 of 7,711
  God this thing is a buggy piece of ****. Every time I plug it into the computer the launcher I bought disappears. Every few times I eject and unplug it, it freezes. The management of files and folders is abysmal, tagging is awful. I am just about ready to sell mine I have to say. My 10 year old iPod destroys the ZX1 in terms of file management and UI.

You should return it.  Your is defective.  My ZX10 only crashed on me twice and it is as polished as any iPod out there in term of interface.  Tagging is not the player fault as I never have problems with any of my tags.

May 18, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #5,333 of 7,711
  Tagging is not the player fault as I never have problems with any of my tags.

iTunes+iMod is a million times better for tag editing. I've found no mac or PC based tagging app that fixes them. The play store app which is free now did work but it's a massive pain. The interface is is prettier but a lot more annoying IMO, but this is my first droid device.

May 18, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #5,334 of 7,711
iTunes+iMod is a million times better for tag editing. I've found no mac or PC based tagging app that fixes them. The play store app which is free now did work but it's a massive pain. The interface is is prettier but a lot more annoying IMO, but this is my first droid device.

If you tag your file properly during the ripping process then it should be no issue. The same file that you are having issues with the Sony will also have problems with other players as well. I think once you get used to the interface you will really enjoy the zx1.

May 18, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #5,335 of 7,711

Plain bad, isolated and subjective experience. Just as good as atipical data.

May 18, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #5,337 of 7,711
If anyone uses Plex and PlexSync (plex.tv), it works great with the ZX1.

I've a 2013 and 2104 album sync setup on Plex and it syncs the flac unaltered to the ZX1.

Once synced, update the local music app on the ZX1 and it picks up all of the synced albums, including their tags and covers etc.

If you buy any albums and add to your album folder (mine is on a NAS), then Plex automatically syncs the new 2013/2104 albums to the ZX1.

Working well for me at the moment, so thought I'd share :)

May 18, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #5,338 of 7,711
@redrich2000-Did you buy your unit new or used? Definitely sounds like something is up. I can confirm the same issue with losing my launcher, sort of. I lose my icon packs and wallpaper once I plug into computer. I have to reload them in Nova, so not a big deal for me. My unit never freezes though. Maybe a master reset might help with your unit? Can't hurt.

Folder management is really easy, I use it on the computer. This being your first Android device, I can appreciate your frustration. I despised Android when I first started using it, but hopefully it grows on you. Now, you couldn't pay me to use an I device.

May 18, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #5,339 of 7,711

Wow, I will have to whip out my MHd-Q7. If you didn't mention it I'd completely forgotten I've got it! Will do it over the weekend.

@audionewbi
 The MHd-Q7 seems to tone down the trebles a little which may be more pleasing to those who find the ZX1 too bright. However I also found the stage width narrowed down.

Personally for me, I prefer it straight out of the ZX1 especially with the FitEar MH335DW being quite a warm signature. If I had a brighter earphone, then the MHd-Q7 would be suitable in toning it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back