Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jan 3, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #2,671 of 7,711
Well have been reading most of this thread and all I can say is I just can't wait ^_^ ! Have been bouncing back and forth on whether to pick up a ZX1 and from most of the impressions from people who already have one in hand it seems like a wise choice for a standalone DAP. Managed to snag the last one in stock on PJ on New Years eve and have already received my tracking #. Great service BTW, was hesitant to order through them at first but have been very happy that I did, for anyone else on the fence about using them. :D

rawrster was curious if you have paired the 1964 Ears V6 Stage with the ZX1 yet? I will be receiving my pair of the V6 S hopefully by the middle of the month! And was wondering what your impressions might be by using this combo? Thanks in advance!

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #2,672 of 7,711
Is that the same as the 901 line out?
Do you mean voltage? I find the 901 power to be higher than other lineout. Most amps don't seem to notice it (maybe some kind of voltage protector?) but in a recent amp review that didn't there was high distortion from the 901 lineout.

The ZX1 otoh as I just found out 2 hrs ago seems lower than usual.

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #2,673 of 7,711
Is the connector the same?

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #2,674 of 7,711
Well have been reading most of this thread and all I can say is I just can't wait ^_^ ! Have been bouncing back and forth on whether to pick up a ZX1 and from most of the impressions from people who already have one in hand it seems like a wise choice for a standalone DAP. Managed to snag the last one in stock on PJ on New Years eve and have already received my tracking #. Great service BTW, was hesitant to order through them at first but have been very happy that I did, for anyone else on the fence about using them.
biggrin.gif

@rawrster was curious if you have paired the 1964 Ears V6 Stage with the ZX1 yet? I will be receiving my pair of the V6 S hopefully by the middle of the month! And was wondering what your impressions might be by using this combo? Thanks in advance!

I am the one before you lol, there were 2 left when I place my order..

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #2,675 of 7,711
Jan 3, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #2,676 of 7,711
Ok, thanks.

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #2,677 of 7,711
Is that the same as the 901 line out

The line out is not affected by volume control by any means, unlike the AK100 & iBasso DX-50.  

See Anak's posted above.  

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #2,678 of 7,711
From the Japanese website it does seem to imply that the headphone section is driven by digital amp. Also they state that it uses 4 Sanyo electric OS-Cons (solid aluminum caps) 2 per channel (one for + and another for -). Does this change things or is marketing hype?

No expert in portable amps but stationary d class amps can punch well above its weight the only problem was noise from the switching ps....

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #2,679 of 7,711
 was curious if you have paired the 1964 Ears V6 Stage with the ZX1 yet? I will be receiving my pair of the V6 S hopefully by the middle of the month! And was wondering what your impressions might be by using this combo? Thanks in advance!

My V6 Stage are actually at 1964 Ears for a refit so definitely won't have anything for a few weeks. 

As far as the ZX1 is concerned I really like it. I do wish i could delete some of the apps I don't need or at least hide it from being selected. I really like the side buttons on the ZX1. It's definitely nice being able to change songs/volume without having the dap in front of me. It's a change from my Fiio X3 where the first press turns the screen on and then I change the song or volume. The 128gb of space is a nice change. It allows me to put a lot more music than I'm used to as my X3 has a 64gb card in it. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #2,681 of 7,711
Lol holy **** I'm just messing around with some xba-10c I bought in Japan because going to gift them to a friend and clear audio + makes them sound way better, even though I generally despise v shaped sound sigs...but with ES5 I think it makes them sound much worse lol, I want to try with ksc 75 when I return home.

I cant get xba to seal my right ear canal... I hate universals, or rather my right ear does.... -_-

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #2,682 of 7,711
the clear audio+ has a nice bass extension but i dont know.....sounds a little digital/fake to me....

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #2,683 of 7,711

If you keep your finger depressed on a icon the recycle bin will appear at bottom left hand corner, drag the icon to the bin and its gone.

Ah I did not know that. On my phone there's an option to just hide it but I'll definitely delete some of the apps that I'll never use. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back