Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #2,371 of 7,711
  Do you think the ZX1 needs more time to burn in, if you believe in burn in, which I do. 

I would like to see more comparison of the ZX1 to other top daps. It seems to have a nice form factor also. 

I won't mention if I believe in burn in but hope this will shade some light or should I say some flames
biggrin.gif

I would also like to see more comparisons with other daps however they are not yet released to the general public, the likes of X5, X7, etc.. Once they are, I would really like to see how those compare to the ZX1, as far as form factor I am still on the fence, not because the ZX1 looks bad, it does not, however it looks more like a mobile phone without the phone function, thank god it has buttons because my phone annoys me with having to always taking it out of my holster to change music. Now, how have you guys dealt with transporting the ZX1 without scratching it, dropping it and easily accessing it while on commute? That is one thing that worries me.

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #2,372 of 7,711
Do you think the ZX1 needs more time to burn in, if you believe in burn in, which I do. 

I would like to see more comparison of the ZX1 to other top daps. It seems to have a nice form factor also. 
I honestly do not know...but it sounds great as it is. The 901 might still have the edge in SQ, but if you add form factor, ZX1 is certainly the best all rounder so far for iems (unless you have only brighy iems).

Dec 24, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #2,374 of 7,711
Momentums are good, i use  them a lot, thats until the AKG K267 arrive, they put them to shame according to Headfonics

Oh really? Guess I'll have to switch.

Sounds like the zx1 can drive the Momentums well. Good.

Edit: after reading a few reviews, I think the k267 would be a good complement to the Momentum, for music that the Momentum doesn't reproduce we'll. Momentums for hip hop, edm, reggae, soul, rnb. K267 for rock, metal some folk.

The Vsonic iems I have tend to do well where the senns don't (and then some, if you can get a good seal). The akg cans may be a good buy but, I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #2,375 of 7,711
Have been browsing through this thread. I'm strongly considering the ZX1 as my next mobile source unit. Do we have a firm release date for US yet, or is it just 'sometime early next year'? Any thoughts on if the price point might come down a bit (based on prior Sony releases)? Looks like it's in the high $900 range right now, going by Ebay from Japan. Seems just a little steep...I'd love to see it get down closer to the $800 range. Either way, it looks like a very nice piece of mobile hardware! 

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #2,376 of 7,711
some ppl are signing for fiio x5 review

i guess many would be having the zx1 to compare with,looking forward to the impressions
popcorn.gif

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #2,377 of 7,711
  some ppl are signing for fiio x5 review

i guess many would be having the zx1 to compare with,looking forward to the impressions
popcorn.gif

Like this?

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #2,378 of 7,711

Like this?

damn man

there is no one who applied from india to review
confused_face_2.gif

i would have but i have nothing to compare this beast to,so am not wasting anyone's time.

but yeah i love what u have got here mate
beerchug.gif

on a different note
deadhorse.gif

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #2,381 of 7,711
  Do we have a firm release date for US yet, or is it just 'sometime early next year'?

CES 2014 is coming up in January. Products announced then usually take 2 or more months to show up for sale on Sony US website. Dont know if ZX-1 will be announced or even released here. I'm suprised XBA-H1 iems are already on the website. Thought that will be announced at CES before hand.

About the price tag, I doubt it will retail to $900 or even $800. Maybe in the $600-$700 range if ever released here.

Dec 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #2,383 of 7,711
To Anakchan and Other friends Who own Sony WM ZX 1

My Friend Sid give to Me DSD file, i have Copied from hard disk to My Sony WM ZX 1

From 5 album i have Copied, after finished With download , i open Only 1 album from totally 5 Album

Anybody has The same experiance like Me ?

Please advise

Dec 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #2,384 of 7,711
Congrats Sean For Your New Fiio X5 DAP
How is The SQ compare to Your sony WM ZX 1 ?

It's not mine. It was at the e-earphone show and Oyaide just received the unit the day before the show. I had a chance to play with it a little and wrote my thoughts here.

To Anakchan and Other friends Who own Sony WM ZX 1

My Friend Sid give to Me DSD file, i have Copied from hard disk to My Sony WM ZX 1

From 5 album i have Copied, after finished With download , i open Only 1 album from totally 5 Album

Anybody has The same experiance like Me ?

Please advise

I've not gotten the ZX1 to play DSD. I don't think it's supported is it?

Dec 25, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #2,385 of 7,711
It's not mine. It was at the e-earphone show and Oyaide just received the unit the day before the show. I had a chance to play with it a little and wrote my thoughts here.

I've not gotten the ZX1 to play DSD. I don't think it's supported is it?

Thank you Sean
Accordimg To The spec should Be supported DSD file

I am sorry i read wrong , Thank you sweeteyou For Your link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back