Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 22, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #2,311 of 7,711
I seem to have a lot of missing album art on my ZX1 that shows up on my iTunes. Is there any reason why some of the artwork is not finding its way into the ZX1?
..and whats the best route to get the artwork on the ZX1 for the ones I don't have at all ? First time Sony user, so forgive the naivety.

Dec 22, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #2,312 of 7,711
Does itunes get the artwork from some kind of database? I would see if your files have it tagged or try including the artwork file in the same folder.

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #2,313 of 7,711
  Does itunes get the artwork from some kind of database? I would see if your files have it tagged or try including the artwork file in the same folder.

Itunes creates a separate duplicate folder of the artist and keeps the artwork stored in it. My files at the moment don't have it tagged. Including the artwork in the same folder might be the only option, and its going to take me a year to do it !

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #2,314 of 7,711
  I seem to have a lot of missing album art on my ZX1 that shows up on my iTunes. Is there any reason why some of the artwork is not finding its way into the ZX1?
..and whats the best route to get the artwork on the ZX1 for the ones I don't have at all ? First time Sony user, so forgive the naivety.

if you go to the link below, Now-What tells you how to get album art via the Walkman, some useful info in that thread to help with ZX1/F887.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/603440/sony-walkman-nw-z1070-japan-version-help-for-dummies-thread

Dec 23, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #2,316 of 7,711
Too many new devices. So I take it this is being bought out of Japan? What is the price?

Dec 23, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #2,318 of 7,711
is there a WM-Port/LOD - Mini USB cable available to connect to a DAC?... cheers for any help.

Anak... could you please tell me if the WM-Port below can be used as a USB>mini-USB out, can't seem to find any definitive info, cheers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-JAPAN-WMP-NWM10-Micro-USB-WM-PORT-Plug-Adapter-/161153700498?pt=US_Audio_Docks_Mini_Speakers&hash=item2585825292
Good question, dunno if it's fully wired or just for charging. As you're probably aware, the same kinda things for the iPhone 30-pin are for charging and only few have all the data pins wired through.

I bought a WM port kit & some silver/gold/platinum wires to make my own analogue LODs. The ones in the shops were a little too pricey at $150++.

Dec 23, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #2,319 of 7,711
Dec 23, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #2,322 of 7,711

It's best to embed art into each track, very quickly done with free mp3tag software.

You can right click on a folder of mp3s, ALAC or Flacs, select mp3tag and it opens up with files showing. Select all files and then TAG SOURCES at top and Select Amazon. It then shows you album cover and you can COPY, close amazon, and Paste into bottom left box. Click top-left SAVE icon and all files will have embedded art, whatever software or media player you use. There are only a few free pieces of software I think are great, but this is one of them.

Dec 23, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #2,323 of 7,711
Just received the PHA-2 and I've got to say, these two are quite a matching pair! I especially like the rubber straps that come with the PHA-2. Very clever. Haven't had time to play with the combo yet, so I'll check for sound later. Quick question for those who have the amp: can you confirm that it won't charge when in use, even when plugged? If I turn it on, the charge light switches off. Or is it that I need a dedicated charger? I'm using the micro-USB charger for my phone now.

Dec 23, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #2,325 of 7,711
~100 hrs has passed.
The instruments separation are very good compare with first 10 hrs.
I really love ZX1 right now.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back