Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 21, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #2,282 of 7,711
  Im not surprised about how wide the soundstage would've got . I loved the 3003. Had it not been for fit issues, I'd still be having them. Clear Audio+ is indeed very addictive. Albeit the alterations in music signature, increments in soundstage is a win in my eyes. 

Quote:
Help me understand. Is the dynamic normalizer a tuning preset like the Clear Audio+ ? I haven't messed around too much with the player yet. Maybe I'll have the answer to my question once I dig in.
As for the echoey mids, what are you pairing the ZX1 with ? 

Yes, it is in the sound adjustments. It levels volume across your music collection on the player. It's debatable if it alters the sound at all... I think I can hear a very, very slight amount of bump in overall dynamics. It's exceedingly subtle if it's there at all... Hard to be sure.

I'm using the ZX1 with the FA-4E. 

Dec 21, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #2,283 of 7,711
Im not surprised about how wide the soundstage would've got . I loved the 3003. Had it not been for fit issues, I'd still be having them. Clear Audio+ is indeed very addictive. Albeit the alterations in music signature, increments in soundstage is a win in my eyes. 

Finally someone agrees! I was beginning to think my ears were defective.

Favorite portable combo at the moment:

Dec 21, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #2,287 of 7,711
  i am not sure about the line out, does the hp out become line out when all the way up?
Maybe someone else here knows about that?

Yes, it sure does. Just turn the volume up to almost 100%, and it sounds fantastic with either amp, or into something like car aux input which is what I was just highly enjoying today running around doing Christmas shopping. Then the external buttons really, really come in handy. 

Dec 21, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #2,288 of 7,711

Yes, it sure does. Just turn the volume up to almost 100%, and it sounds fantastic with either amp, or into something like car aux input which is what I was just highly enjoying today running around doing Christmas shopping. Then the external buttons really, really come in handy. 

Just want to point out a headphone out is never a true line-out, but can be good enough depending on the person and the device. 

Dec 21, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #2,289 of 7,711

Just want to point out a headphone out is never a true line-out, but can be good enough depending on the person and the device. 

Of course not. It's always pushing the sound quality of the player. But as you said, with a decent device it can be good. I don't want to get into a debate about 'double amping' and the like here in this thread. 

I will say that I think with this Sony, the sound quality from the HO to either the car's input or an amp is quite good. I feel like it's the equal of the line out (to an amp). With the F807 I have, the line out is noticeably worse sounding than the HO. 

Dec 21, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #2,292 of 7,711
Dec 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #2,294 of 7,711
Dec 21, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #2,295 of 7,711

Users who are viewing this thread

Back