Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 21, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #2,266 of 7,711
Couple of questions for owners:

1 - Anyone seen any accessories (cases) for the player yet?
2 - It seems there is a limit of 128 folders for the stock player. Anyone can confirm? I can see albums with JetAudio that I can from the stock players. The folders are there, but not the files... Weird.

Dec 21, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #2,267 of 7,711

Interesting you mention the soundstage. I know most don't like Clear Audio+, but with the 3003's, when enabled, the soundstage is totally out of my head. Quite addictive, I have found. (Despite the slightly even more (slightly) recessed midrange, when CA+ is enabled).

I haven't tried out Clear Audio + much, just trying now, switching from one another. Bass definitely becomes even more enhanced, to the point of "boomy" ! ( I'm beginning to hate "sound settings" ! lol )

Dec 21, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #2,268 of 7,711
  Out of curiosity I have a pair of Sony MDR-10RC ( Hi Res ) headphones. Has anyone got them paired with the ZX1 ?

yes, i have, they are very bassy headphones and thats how they are with the ZX1, its a good mach

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #2,273 of 7,711
  Anyone that have found manuals in English for the Sony ?

I can never find anything on google for sony, but the way around this is to register your product. then you just log in, go "my products" and from there you'll have links for documentation and firmware if they exist.

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #2,274 of 7,711
So my PHA2's nearly on the way, but I am already regretting buying it for the battery depleting quickly reason,
Tried it with my Leckerton uha 6 and it's atrocious .Really bad.
Sony really screwed that one!!!

Dec 21, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #2,276 of 7,711

I can never find anything on google for sony, but the way around this is to register your product. then you just log in, go "my products" and from there you'll have links for documentation and firmware if they exist.

It was some sort of registration paper in the box, but it was only in Japanese and a bit hard to understand.
But Sony online is the way to go, thank you.

Dec 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #2,278 of 7,711
So my PHA2's nearly on the way, but I am already regretting buying it for the battery depleting quickly reason,

From that I assume the zx1 battery is not great?  If so that's a shame.

Dec 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #2,279 of 7,711

Quote:

From that I assume the zx1 battery is not great?  If so that's a shame.

David, I'm not certain, but I wonder if it might have been referring to this post:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/680853/sony-nwz-zx1-35th-walkman-anniversary-model/1920#post_10068503

I want to share my experience with this set up

Source : Sony WM ZX 1 as source
Dac / Amp : Sony PHA 2 use with hi rest cable and amp
Centrance Hi Fi M8 as USB DAC and amp
Iem : Sony XBA H 3
Headphone : LCD 3

I found out use hi res and USB DAC function , my Walkman WM ZX 1 battery runing very fast about 5 to 6 hours

Anybody has tried like me and got this experience

Please advise

Thank you

Dec 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #2,280 of 7,711

Interesting you mention the soundstage. I know most don't like Clear Audio+, but with the 3003's, when enabled, the soundstage is totally out of my head. Quite addictive, I have found. (Despite the slightly even more (slightly) recessed midrange, when CA+ is enabled).

Im not surprised about how wide the soundstage would've got . I loved the 3003. Had it not been for fit issues, I'd still be having them. Clear Audio+ is indeed very addictive. Albeit the alterations in music signature, increments in soundstage is a win in my eyes. 

Quote:
  I've found that with Clear Audio+ enabled, in addition to becoming a bit more recessed, midrange takes on a slightly weird echoey, plastic kind of tone (vocals mainly I mean). I don't like it on.... messes with stuff too much. I do however like dynamic normalizer, with how it equalizes volume. 

Help me understand. Is the dynamic normalizer a tuning preset like the Clear Audio+ ? I haven't messed around too much with the player yet. Maybe I'll have the answer to my question once I dig in.
As for the echoey mids, what are you pairing the ZX1 with ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back