Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #2,071 of 7,711

imagine where will f886 go if x3 and dx 50 had interface like e or s series walkmans(non android ones)??

also putting in weak amp(do u now what it is by the way??power etc) in x1 is a grave mistake considering x1 is fairly chunky.

They don't. End of imagination.
It's 15mW.

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #2,072 of 7,711
  They don't. End of imagination.
It's 15mW.

i am hoping some improvement in x1 and x5.fiio has done well and now may have money for good software development.

15 mw is not much by any means!!

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #2,074 of 7,711
  While you may be right, Sony's history is to make things as they see fit and reinvent the wheel for better or worse and it's gone both ways. 

Sean, I bet the ZX1 is just a bit dry which gives you that impression of being slightly V shaped in sig though I'm sure it measures well. Again, a preference thing.

Sardar. Naming the bits they use would be meaningless as they are proprietary. Specs can also be misleading. I would simply assume that the numbers are competitive with other top players and rely on an audition for qualitative assessments.

Possibly. But I've heard dry before in other setups but those didn't sound U shaped. (BTW I personally do differentiate U from V too where at least for me V shaped is a huge mid suckout whereas, at least in my definition which I thought was the same for others, U was shallower).

Anyhow, I'm not the only Tera/ZX1 owner here so it'll be nice others who have both can share their thoughts. I'd be particularly interested to hear comparing and contrasting opinions.

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #2,075 of 7,711

i am hoping some improvement in x1 and x5.fiio has done well and now may have money for good software development.

15 mw is not much by any means!!

Yeah. Fiio is going really well and the best of all; they welcome feedback from customers.
As mentioned by someone earlier in this thread, Sony kind of underrates their products and the ZX1 has enough juice to drive IEMs and some CIEMs.
The thing is no other company with a really good software department is targeting the audiophile niche, so until then, I guess Sony can charge whatever price and do whatever they want.

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #2,076 of 7,711
Hi Sean and friends who own PHA 2 and Sony WM ZX 1

Please help me to answer my question as follow

WM ZX 1 >. USB dac cable Sony WMC NWH 10 > PHA 2 USB > iem = no sound

Is WM ZX1 can not use PHA 2 as USB DAC function ?

Thank you

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #2,077 of 7,711
Cheers OkGuy, Fortis his Forum name? You a Hammers fan, poor sole? What happened to that Striker, was it Caro.... somethone you signed?
seriously, West Ham are my nearest Prem team, living in Southend, But my family tradition is all from Arsenal.

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #2,079 of 7,711
Hi Sean and friends who own PHA 2 and Sony WM ZX 1

Please help me to answer my question as follow

WM ZX 1 >. USB dac cable Sony WMC NWH 10 > PHA 2 USB > iem = no sound

Is WM ZX1 can not use PHA 2 as USB DAC function ?

Thank you

Hmmm...should be able to. I don't have a PHA2 so I cannot confirm but as far as I know it should. Doesn't the PHA2 have many different USB input ports (one for iDevice, another for USB DAC, etc.?). Did he use the correct USB input port and changed the selector switch?

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #2,080 of 7,711
You only get control of ZX1 by using headphone-out with the PHA-2... if you use USB or line-out it's under the Amp or DAC/Amps control as the ZX1 in effect becomes a source (same as any other combo), think of a dedicated CD-transport player into a DAC/Amp on a hi-fi system.

I figured as much. In the end my way around this Is the use of a third party player like poweramp. All changes made using alter the sound before being pushed to the amp. Poweramp works almost exactly as the Sony player but with more advanced control over equalizer and tone settings. Had purchased the app long before and it works great with the player and full compatibility with the physical buttons as well.

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #2,081 of 7,711
  Cheers OkGuy, Fortis his Forum name? You a Hammers fan, poor sole? What happened to that Striker, was it Caro.... somethone you signed?
seriously, West Ham are my nearest Prem team, living in Southend, But my family tradition is all from Arsenal.

when I was born I cracked a God joke, he weren't impressed so God decided to give a dose of purgatory & make me a Hammers fan, sufferance for life he said.. he has heart though, he tipped me off about the ZX1.

now I gotta dash.

Dec 17, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #2,083 of 7,711
Shouldn't that just be the control lock out from the cable connection?  But again I can't be 100% sure.

Dec 17, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #2,084 of 7,711
  Anybody help me.
When USB cable is connected to ZX1 without USB output to USB dac.
Can you adjust vol and the sound output at speaker like below fig?
I am worry that my cable is broken.

can u pls specify whether switching s-master hx on changes anything??

is there a seperate setting for it ot its built in and works all the time??

Dec 17, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #2,085 of 7,711
  Anybody help me.
When USB cable is connected to ZX1 without USB output to USB dac.
Can you adjust vol and the sound output at speaker like below fig?
I am worry that my cable is broken.

Do you still get sound out? If so its simply as Ok-Guy mentioned to me where the player is acting as the source and whatever you are hooked up to is the amp where sound is controlled from. Any settings you alter under the volume or internal sound settings wont affect the sound coming out via digital out/usb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back