Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #1,533 of 7,711
How is one supposed to describe the sound of a media player?
And the ZX1 sounds great, delivering a refined performance with plenty of subtlety. Details and textures are layered and well organised on a wide-open soundstage.You get a high level of precision and agility, with excellent timing and punchy dynamics. Tonally the sound is well balanced, but the articulate yet hard-hitting bass deserves a special mention.

I can say this and it'll be pretty much true too.
And the [iPod Video 5th gen] sounds great, delivering a refined performance with plenty of subtlety. Details and textures are layered and well organised on a wide-open soundstage.You get a high level of precision and agility, with excellent timing and punchy dynamics. Tonally the sound is well balanced, but the articulate yet hard-hitting bass deserves a special mention.

Dec 9, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #1,534 of 7,711
How is one supposed to describe the sound of a media player?

I daresay if you hang in the thread a while all will be revealed, Anak's already teasing us.

I can say this and it'll be pretty much true too.

Helps if you don't plagiarise the reviewers comments to suit your device, one wouldn't want to think the Author of the review was being lazy (yes I was gullible enough to check).

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #1,538 of 7,711
Unless it has been answered already is the supplied documentation also in English or only Japanese?

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #1,540 of 7,711
  Unless it has been answered already is the supplied documentation also in English or only Japanese?

The supplied hardcopy documentation is Japanese only.

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #1,541 of 7,711
Mine has arrived in Shanghai...hopefully I will get it today or tomorrow Mwahahahahahaha !!!! 
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 9, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #1,542 of 7,711
Hello guys. I'm new to Head Fi, and although I rarely post, I read a lot from the different forums. I have been following this thread, as well as the other one on the F886, as I've become a bit of a Walkman fan in the last few years (I had an old A816 for years, and I jumped to a Z1060 which I absolutely love). I'm not an audiophile -although I think I've already been stung by the audio bug!-, but I'm interested in learning, and I learn a lot from reading the discussions by people here who really know the stuff. 

Anyway, I was reading the preview in a link posted here above (post #1531), and it occurred to me that the reviewer may have given us a hint of a possible international launch of the ZX1. At some point, the reviewer seem to charge the DAP with having an identity problem of sorts, as if one "Go[es] into the settings, however, [one sees] the device thinks it’s called the ‘NWZ-ZX1’", despite its being called "NW-ZX1". If the OS, as adapted by Sony, includes the reference to the usual international Walkmans code (NWZ), couldn't that be a hint that Sony is preparing a wider international release? That fits nicely with early reports of an April 2014 launch in selected European countries. Well, there go my 50 cents.

Last, but not least, I'm interested in eventually getting a ZX1 (or an F887, if I can't stretch to the new star), and I also want to invest a little in nice IEMs (or cans, but probably IEMs). I listed to different kinds of music, but mostly hard rock/heavy metal/progressive rock and different related genres. Any ideas of what a good match might be, considering the kind of music I'd play most frequently?

Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back