Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jan 18, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #7,231 of 7,711
Sorry if this question has been raised before, but I haven't got the immediate time to read for a solution. Has anyone been able to get their ZX1 to consistently send track data and information over Bluetooth like album/artist/title? I can't get it to do that with SYNC2.

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #7,234 of 7,711
Hello

I've just purchased a nwz-zx1 after my trusty nwz-x1050 died and have been reading the very interesting posts on thread, I live in the uk and upgraded to Japanese firmware 1.14 but noticed no volume difference, I did notice mentioned the volume hack, can i ask that someone link me where i can get this, I would read through the posts but their is to many lol.
kind regards
Lee

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #7,235 of 7,711
  Hello

I've just purchased a nwz-zx1 after my trusty nwz-x1050 died and have been reading the very interesting posts on thread, I live in the uk and upgraded to Japanese firmware 1.14 but noticed no volume difference, I did notice mentioned the volume hack, can i ask that someone link me where i can get this, I would read through the posts but their is to many lol.
kind regards
Lee

Congrats, let's see if you like the switch from Old sony OS to android... I really liked my xperia "Music" app, than the old-school looks of the ZX100 walkman OS, beign the same as the X1000 OS (except non-touch)

I asumme both sound similar the ZX1 and the ZX100

I assume these devices (now discontinued) get their batteries replaced while they sit on the shelf beofre a customer buys one? I bought an iPod classic in 2011 (released in 2009 latest revision at the time) and the battery performed well, so i asumme yes sony and others restock and maintain their old stock so customers are happy with their purchase.

Jan 19, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #7,236 of 7,711
I assume these devices (now discontinued) get their batteries replaced while they sit on the shelf before a customer buys one? I bought an iPod classic in 2011 (released in 2009 latest revision at the time) and the battery performed well, so i asumme yes sony and others restock and maintain their old stock so customers are happy with their purchase.

Can't see Sony or anyone else opening up or replacing their stock to refresh potential battery life. Batteries are not usually guaranteed anyway although they could conceivably be changed as a goodwill gesture if unit is under warranty and under performing. The latest Lithium Ion batteries would I think have a good enough shelf life to last being in store for a few months and then the duration of the warranty.

Now of course it's less likely than ever; Sony have the ZX-100 to concentrate on - this new kid on the block appears to have usurped the ZX-1, as it appears to have been removed from the UK Sony site...

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #7,237 of 7,711
On the battery note - any one had their batteries changed yet? My battery is discharging very quickly.

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #7,238 of 7,711
  On the battery note - any one had their batteries changed yet? My battery is discharging very quickly.

The same for my sony VAIO purchased two years ago, i will call the sony support (they promied support even if sony no longer makes VAIO)

Jan 22, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #7,239 of 7,711
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #7,240 of 7,711
Not sure whether this has been posted here yet. I found this interesting article by the walkman blog interviewing the design team of ZX1. Thought it might be of interest here.

http://thewalkmanblog.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/design-interview-with-zx1-designers.html

Jan 23, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #7,242 of 7,711
Not sure whether this has been posted here yet. I found this interesting article by the walkman blog interviewing the design team of ZX1. Thought it might be of interest here.

http://thewalkmanblog.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/design-interview-with-zx1-designers.html

Great article!

Regarding the brass headphone jack - "The 3.5 mm stereo mini plug is a standard that was developed by Sony for the first generation Walkman®. It has now become the global standard. Knowing this background, I thought it would be meaningful to make this component an iconic focal point of history’s finest Walkman®."

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #7,244 of 7,711

Yes, the same for me and often overnight without being used at all, I get to very low levels from a full charge!

Can the battery be replaced?

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #7,245 of 7,711

Yes, the same for me and often overnight without being used at all, I get to very low levels from a full charge!

Can the battery be replaced?

Apparently the battery can be replaced, but I'm not going to try to change mine.  I contacted a local electronics store that specializes in Apple iPod and iPhone repair, and they told me they have done replacements on Sony's.  You might try that, if like me, you don't have any local Sony authorized repair locations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back