Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jan 14, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #7,217 of 7,711
When I was on a 30 hrs trip I could squeeze around 19 hours out of zx1. 
Use it in airplane mode and all sony sound enhancers off.

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #7,219 of 7,711
Did you already check for firmware upgrades?

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #7,220 of 7,711
Yeah I check and updated the firmware when I first turn it on.
I disable auto update from the app store. And uninstall any autoupdate.
I disable airplane mode just now. It updated itself in the background. (even though i have it disabled)
I forgot to mentioned that I always have the battery on minimum brightness all the time i had it.

Battery seems to improve now. I will update you guys over the coming days about this.

The angled headphone jack do bother me though. I even need to plug my headphone in at a slight angle if not it seems i met with a slight resistance - Is this normal?

Also, do you guys unplug the headphone from the device after you finished listening to the device?
Or when you charge/sync it to the computer?

I have a slight concern about wearing out the jack if I plug/unplug the jack frequently.

Is this with flac or MP3 files that battery drains more?

I am playing 16/44 Flac, 320kbps mp3.

Jan 14, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #7,221 of 7,711
  Yeah I check and updated the firmware when I first turn it on.
I disable auto update from the app store. And uninstall any autoupdate.
I disable airplane mode just now. It updated itself in the background. (even though i have it disabled)
I forgot to mentioned that I always have the battery on minimum brightness all the time i had it.

Battery seems to improve now. I will update you guys over the coming days about this.

The angled headphone jack do bother me though. I even need to plug my headphone in at a slight angle if not it seems i met with a slight resistance - Is this normal?

Also, do you guys unplug the headphone from the device after you finished listening to the device?
Or when you charge/sync it to the computer?

I have a slight concern about wearing out the jack if I plug/unplug the jack frequently.

Is this with flac or MP3 files that battery drains more?

I am playing 16/44 Flac, 320kbps mp3.

I unplug my headphones when i am charging my walkman (to avoid cable tangly mess and when putting it on a pocket

Jan 15, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #7,222 of 7,711
I unplug mine as well.
It could be the firmware version. I updated mine to 1.14 I think, the one they took down in Europe.
That headphone jack don't look normal, If I was you I would return the unit, it might be faulty.
I listen to same file type as you ( flac/320 mp3) and also HR and am getting near 20 hours out of it.
That headphone jack should be normal and should slide right in.

Jan 17, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #7,223 of 7,711
i tried it on the google play and no luck so what i did i searched on google and found the apple site where it guided me to the download link, http://www.apple.com/lae/music/android-download/ you are supposed to download from Play Store but in case you do not have a "Play Store" app on ur device or is having difficulty installing it just open the link and if it asks you to select a country just select any country and then it will give u the option to download manually the "apple music apk file", just install it and be sure to check under security settings of your device to allow installation from unknown sources..here's proof of apple music on my sony nw zx1

pardon for my music choice as it is intended for our coming christmas celebration.. be warned tho that i just managed to install and let the app run on the zx1 it is glitchy, slow which i am already expecting as this app is not intended to be running on the zx1, but who knows apple might release a stable build as this is still beta if i am not mistaken..hope that helps..

Hi owek123 (or anybody else who maybe has an idea how to get Apple Music on the ZX-1),

unfortunately I still could not manage to get Apple Music on my ZX-1. I tried everything you wrote but it just does not work. If I try to download from the link you wrote about (http://www.apple.com/lae/music/android-download/) it just says "thanks for downloading" but actually does not download the App or apk file at all. Interestingly, only if I use Chrome as my web browser it says "your device is not compatible" in small red letters. I have set my security settings to "allow unknown source" as you recommended. I tried this already some months ago, when you first wrote about it. That time, I thought the reason it did not work might be that my storage was almost full. Recently, I reset my device, deleted all files and tried it again. Still does not work. 
I tried to find the apk file somewhere else in the internet and could download it from another page. But it always says: "There was a problem parsing the package". I looked that up, too, and it seems that this also means that the device just is not compatible. 
Any other suggestions? I am still amazed how you could get it on your device after trying it for such a long time now....

Actually I got one year Apple Music for free and cannot use it with my ZX-1...that really is a pity.
frown.gif

Thanks again! 

Jan 17, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #7,224 of 7,711
Can you not download on PC and then copy to the ZX1 via regular drag and drop to root and install from there?

Jan 17, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #7,225 of 7,711
I tried the above link in my ZX1, it's got no space on the storage, but the page noted that it was Apple Music is also available from the android play store...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apple.android.music

But I it's not compatible with the version of Android running on the ZX1.

The oldest version I could find on APK mirror is 0.9.0
Still needs Android 4.3 though.

I've not used apkmirror personally, so buyer beware!

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/apple-inc/apple-music/apple-music-0-9-0-android-apk-download/

Jan 17, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #7,226 of 7,711
Can you not download on PC and then copy to the ZX1 via regular drag and drop to root and install from there?

I Could try that - but what would be the difference to download it directly to the device?

The main problem - that it is not compatible to android 4.1 - stays the same, doesn`t it? I am still wondering how owek123 could get it running on his ZX-1? 

Jan 17, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #7,227 of 7,711

I Could try that - but what would be the difference to download it directly to the device?

The main problem - that it is not compatible to android 4.1 - stays the same, doesn`t it? I am still wondering how owek123 could get it running on his ZX-1? 

And WHERE could I download an unpacked version for Android directly on my PC? Because if you click on the Apple link while using a PC, there is no download option for Android. It automatically switches to "Send download link via email"....

Jan 17, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #7,228 of 7,711
  I tried the above link in my ZX1, it's got no space on the storage, but the page noted that it was Apple Music is also available from the android play store...

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/apple-inc/apple-music/apple-music-0-9-0-android-apk-download/

Yep, that is exactly the problem I was talking about!

Jan 17, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #7,229 of 7,711
Guess it is game over in that case then...

That kind of thing hurts :frowning2:

Jan 18, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #7,230 of 7,711

Hey, do you know how to load apk onto the ZX1? I can't seem to find the folder directory...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back