Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jan 25, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #7,246 of 7,711

Yes, the same for me and often overnight without being used at all, I get to very low levels from a full charge!

Can the battery be replaced?

Turn off WIFI - that makes the battery life much, much longer.  I found the same thing - the battery would drain overnight - but turning off WIFI makes the battery last for a long time on standby.

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #7,247 of 7,711
Turn off WIFI - that makes the battery life much, much longer.  I found the same thing - the battery would drain overnight - but turning off WIFI makes the battery last for a long time on standby.

Ive tried putting it on airplane mode as well. No luck, my battery will only last 5-6 hours playback. If I leave it without turning it off it will discharge in a couple of days.

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #7,248 of 7,711
Apparently the battery can be replaced, but I'm not going to try to change mine.  I contacted a local electronics store that specializes in Apple iPod and iPhone repair, and they told me they have done replacements on Sony's.  You might try that, if like me, you don't have any local Sony authorized repair locations.

Sorry for double post, but where is this said local electronics store?

Jan 25, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #7,249 of 7,711

Apparently the battery can be replaced, but I'm not going to try to change mine.  I contacted a local electronics store that specializes in Apple iPod and iPhone repair, and they told me they have done replacements on Sony's.  You might try that, if like me, you don't have any local Sony authorized repair locations.

Don't know if would be better for you to upgrade to a ZX100 at the expense of no android or a ZX2  Pricey...... rather tha replacing the battery... I had this problem with a dell laptopm the battery costed more than half-price of the used laptop

EDIT: You can go the DIY route but i think you must know before hand the battery model and parameters like V, cut-off V etc... don't know how is the battery installed in the zx1, 100 or 2... if soldered or with a braket like my x1000 walkman and my fiio x3 I had braket easy to replace battery

Jan 25, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #7,250 of 7,711
Don't know if would be better for you to upgrade to a ZX100 at the expense of no android or a ZX2  Pricey...... rather tha replacing the battery... I had this problem with a dell laptopm the battery costed more than half-price of the used laptop

Wouldnt really call the zx100 an upgrade for me. I need android and the ZX1 represents and celebrates 35 years of portable audio. I would still keep the ZX1 if I got the ZX2 lol.

Jan 25, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #7,251 of 7,711

Ok thanks for that, I will look for the Sony repair centres first i think, before trying the general store.

Thanks again.

Jan 25, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #7,252 of 7,711

Wouldnt really call the zx100 an upgrade for me. I need android and the ZX1 represents and celebrates 35 years of portable audio. I would still keep the ZX1 if I got the ZX2 lol.

That's why i plan to keep my ZX100 'till 2019 and see what it for the 40th anniversary
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #7,253 of 7,711
Ive tried putting it on airplane mode as well. No luck, my battery will only last 5-6 hours playback. If I leave it without turning it off it will discharge in a couple of days.

Before you go to the trouble of changing out the battery or getting a new DAP, I would suggest charging the ZX1 up to 100%, and then allow it to play back until Android itself performs its "emergency" automatic power off.

If you want to accomplish this relatively quickly, I would suggest turning the screen to max brightness, set it up to never turn off, and loop play a video file of some sort (and leave wifi and bluetooth on, for that matter).

You MAY just be dealing with an issue of Android being confused about how much battery capacity the battery actually has. So it may be showing you that it's down to 10%, when if fact, it has much, much more.

Performing the above steps can "realign" the graphical representation of the battery capacity with the actual battery capacity that remains.

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #7,254 of 7,711

Before you go to the trouble of changing out the battery or getting a new DAP, I would suggest charging the ZX1 up to 100%, and then allow it to play back until Android itself performs its "emergency" automatic power off.

If you want to accomplish this relatively quickly, I would suggest turning the screen to max brightness, set it up to never turn off, and loop play a video file of some sort (and leave wifi and bluetooth on, for that matter).

You MAY just be dealing with an issue of Android being confused about how much battery capacity the battery actually has. So it may be showing you that it's down to 10%, when if fact, it has much, much more.

Performing the above steps can "realign" the graphical representation of the battery capacity with the actual battery capacity that remains.

A.K.A Battery calibration

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #7,255 of 7,711

I live in Fort Collins, CO.  My local place is called Krash Electronics.

Jan 25, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #7,256 of 7,711
  I live in Fort Collins, CO.  My local place is called Krash Electronics.

Thanks for the help. I will try out  Conext's suggestion.

I got a hold of the authorized Sony repair shop... Only 1 in Canada :frowning2:

That's why i plan to keep my ZX100 'till 2019 and see what it for the 40th anniversary
biggrin.gif

Maybe 41st anniversary lol.

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #7,257 of 7,711

That is with wifi turned off :)

Its hard to believe as its not been used every day, so its not very impressive.

Edit: @Conext, thanks will give it a go.

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #7,258 of 7,711
Does somebody know how I can do the 12 Tone Analysis (SensMe) with my PC when the files are already on my Walkman in the classical folder structure?
I'm using the folder drag&drop structure and I like this very much because of the album art overview, but when I want to make the analysis by my walkman, it would take 3 days or deep analysis 25 days. 
eek.gif
 Is it possible to do this with my PC in some way? Unfortunately it is not possible to add my walkman to the Media Go library.
rolleyes.gif

Edit: Where stores Media Go the SensMe analysis files? Does it write them into the tags of the music files? Then I would do a copy of all folders on my walkman to the SSD-> let analyze it by media go and then copy it back to the walkman. Does somebody know how this generally works?

Jan 31, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #7,259 of 7,711
  Does somebody know how I can do the 12 Tone Analysis (SensMe) with my PC when the files are already on my Walkman in the classical folder structure?
I'm using the folder drag&drop structure and I like this very much because of the album art overview, but when I want to make the analysis by my walkman, it would take 3 days or deep analysis 25 days. 
eek.gif
 Is it possible to do this with my PC in some way? Unfortunately it is not possible to add my walkman to the Media Go library.
rolleyes.gif

Edit: Where stores Media Go the SensMe analysis files? Does it write them into the tags of the music files? Then I would do a copy of all folders on my walkman to the SSD-> let analyze it by media go and then copy it back to the walkman. Does somebody know how this generally works?

I once did the 12 tone analysis on mediaGo but all my files are write-protected so it didn't wrote on the files, don't know for files that are not write protected (read-only attrib disabled)

Feb 1, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #7,260 of 7,711
Regarding battery life. I've been burning in my MH40s with the zx1 for 21 hours now, and there is still 16% left. That's at full volume playing flac, and there is also a burn-in app running intermittently.
My advice is, get the latest firmware 1.14 it's around in the net and is a pain to install. Remove everything you can. It's useless as an android device anyway. Get used to it being only a music player. What you can't get rid of - Google stuff mainly, disable if possible and remove all updates via settings/apps. That will reset them to their original versions and you'll get a stack of space back. Delete caches. The only one you'll need to leave up to date is google play services if you use a streaming service.
The only other things I have installed is Battery Doctor which stop unwanted background activity, and Hola launcher, just because sony's icons suck and it makes it at least feel a bit modern.
Now if only I could remove the eu volume limit....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back