Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 27, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #7,201 of 7,711
  Hello all,

I am new to the forum and recently purchased a ZX1.
Currently I am trying to connect the Walkman with my Windows PC. However I am not able to find the correct adb driver for it.

I haven't found anything in that thread in regards to adb drivers. However some of you had sucessfully rooted their device (while running an old frimware I think) and hence were able to connect their devices.

Are you getting any error messages? What can you see when it's plugged in?

Dec 27, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #7,203 of 7,711
  Hello all,

I am new to the forum and recently purchased a ZX1.
Currently I am trying to connect the Walkman with my Windows PC. However I am not able to find the correct adb driver for it. I have already tried installing PC Companion/ Media Go, universal adb drivers and several adb drivers of phones with an omap chipset.

I haven't found anything in that thread in regards to adb drivers. However some of you had sucessfully rooted their device (while running an old frimware I think) and hence were able to connect their devices.

Can anybody provide information of the required adb driver?

Thanks a lot!

Please qualify your PC system information, Windows does not say much. And is it vanilla with all updates or heavily modified?

Dec 27, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #7,204 of 7,711
Thanks for the quick replies.

With disabled USB-debugging it was possible to install the device. Once USB-debugging is enabled Windows tells me that the device cannot be installed. Hence a connection with ADB is not possible. The USB storage however is accessible.

System information:
- Windows Vista SP2
- All important updates installed

Dec 27, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #7,205 of 7,711

Ok, seems you found the root cause already. I can say that for me Media Go and standard USB access work fine on Windows 7/64 and on W10/64.

Dec 28, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #7,206 of 7,711
I would like to do a ADB Backup, therefore it is necessary to connect the Walkman with USB-debugging enabled. That's the reason I need to have the correct ADB driver. That applies also to the rootprocess described in that thread. Since some members were able to root their device there has to be a  working driver for the ZX1.

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #7,208 of 7,711
This is a complete non-sequitur fluff post, but...

For those of you who love your ZX1 and who also happen to love the world of video gaming (and who know who Hideo Kojima is), I thought you might find this interesting:

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/686899615472287744

Looks like Kojima uses a ZX1.

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #7,209 of 7,711
This is a complete non-sequitur fluff post, but...

For those of you who love your ZX1 and who also happen to love the world of video gaming (and who know who Hideo Kojima is), I thought you might find this interesting:

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/686899615472287744

Looks like Kojima uses a ZX1.
C'mon Kojima..... ZX2 man. And he is probably sponsored anyway.

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #7,210 of 7,711
Hi fellow headfier,
Just got the nwz zx1, really enjoying the sound and the drag and drop importing (I am coming from iPod).

There are few things that I notice recently though.

1) Shocking battery life!
I will play around some more to form a conclusion on this.
But as of now in airplane mode and using bare minimum app/services it is dropping around 10% an hour.

2) Headphone jack sit at a slight angle - leaning to the right. (Is this normal???)

update: photo of the leaning headphone jack attached. i have tried it with a few headphone they all lean like this on this player, but not on the other player.

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #7,211 of 7,711
Hi fellow headfier,
Just got the nwz zx1, really enjoying the sound and the drag and drop importing (I am coming from iPod).

There are few things that I notice recently though.

1) Shocking battery life!
I will play around some more to form a conclusion on this.
But as of now in airplane mode and using bare minimum app/services it is dropping around 10% an hour.

2) Headphone jack sit at a slight angle - leaning to the right. (Is this normal???)

Battery life is bad!  So bad that since I use at home a lot, I bought the dock so you can charge and play at the same time.  Headphone jack should be straight.

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #7,212 of 7,711
Sony DAPs are noted for their tremendous battery life - for both standby and actual use. I'd compare your experience with the official specs.

The only time my few Sony DAPs' battery life suffers is when connected via WM Out to another DAC amp.

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #7,213 of 7,711
It is nowhere near the official spec. I will try to tweak some more.
last try, 50% got me 2 hour. ~50% of that is media server, ~40% device idle.
I only kept the screen on for a total of less than 10 minutes.
I was playing mix of 320kbps mp3 and 16/44 flac.

Headphone is Sony XBA3
Volume is 20%

Airplane mode (all radio signal off)

Sound enhancement all off.

Furthermore, I am concerned also with the crookedness of the headphone jack. It looks weird having the jack that does not align with the player. Especially on such a nicely designed device like this. Is all of them like this, or did i get a lemon?
confused_face.gif

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #7,214 of 7,711
I think you got a lemon. When I had the ZX-1 I would get at least 10 hours for high rez. I can't remember exactly. The ZX-2 and ZX-100 you'd get even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back