Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Apr 4, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #4,681 of 7,711

there's two options on the ZX1 for Line-Out... via the headphone mini-jack or the WM-Port (see seeteeyou's link for cable), the latter will give you slightly better results.

The headphones out is not a "true" line out imo.  Line out is accessible only from WM-Port.

Apr 4, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #4,682 of 7,711
The Cruzerlite case is amazing for saving battery life. 

Since the power button is hard to press with the case on, I'm less tempted to turn on the screen.

Less screen=more battery life for music.

Ingenious.

Thank you Cruzerlite.

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #4,684 of 7,711
Thanks man. You helped me in the AK120 thread too with my issue regarding not havering any USB2.0 ports in my laptop.

there's two options on the ZX1 for Line-Out... via the headphone mini-jack or the WM-Port (see seeteeyou's link for cable), the latter will give you slightly better results.

Thanks. BTW, are you the wizard?

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #4,685 of 7,711
Thanks. BTW, are you the wizard?

nah I'm just the bagman, Full-Circle is the Wizard (see link below to one of his post).

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/3045

Purk is right about line-out, though I have a habit of using h/o on the go... though in truth lately I've been using ZX1 on it's own, pairing the F887 with the PHA-2 if I fancy a change.

Apr 5, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #4,688 of 7,711
Great, I just ordered this case and now it's difficult to use the buttons.
Tell me this is a joke or you people have weak fingers.

Strange logic you have, Eve :)
I generally stay away from tpu cases because based on past experiences they tend to leave stains on the glass or other parts of the unit after a certain period of time.
Perhaps caused by humidity or poor case material. Compared to leather or polycarbonate cases, the nature of tpu also makes it more difficult to wipe trapped dust and dirt off without using a damp cloth especially if it has a textured surface.

Apr 5, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #4,689 of 7,711
Strange logic you have, Eve
smily_headphones1.gif

I generally stay away from tpu cases because based on past experiences they tend to leave stains on the glass or other parts of the unit after a certain period of time.
Perhaps caused by humidity or poor case material
. Compared to leather or polycarbonate cases, the nature of tpu also makes it more difficult to wipe trapped dust and dirt off without using a damp cloth especially if it has a textured surface.

This could be the case colour coming off, as I have ordered the clear variant I should hopefully be safe. This is the first I have heard of this problem though and could be an isolated case, no pun intended.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 5, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #4,690 of 7,711
This could be the case colour coming off, as I have ordered the clear variant I should hopefully be safe. This is the first I have heard of this problem though and could be an isolated case, no pun intended.:rolleyes:

Coloured or clear doesn't matter. Hopefully this problem doesn't happen to Cruzerlite. The stains are not due to the colour fading off but more like hazy marks left on the surface after long period of contact with the device as the tpu material ages or "sweats" in humidity.

I also do not like the grippy nature of tpu as its harder to remove from tighter pockets.
A thinner tpu case may also deform more easily than leather over time after regular use by the constant tugging in and out from pockets or device removal.

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #4,692 of 7,711
  Just checked the Sony Australia website - it looks as though the preorder offer of free MDR10RCR headphones has now been withdrawn.

Yes its been withdrawn :frowning2:
. Got it confirmed with sony tech.

You: Is that offer not available anymore or would I have to go personally to sony centre to grab that offer?
Jessica S: This was a limited offer, likely while stocks lasted, and the promotion has since ended.
You: Is there anyway I could still avail it as I was really interested in those?
Jessica S: Sadly not I am sorry. Once the stock is gone, they cannot be redeemed.

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #4,694 of 7,711
Funny, I never have problems with the buttons.

The power button is a little hard to press but no big deal.  One just has to apply more pressure on it.  I like the case from Cruzerlite though but looking forward for a case from Tufluv.  Wonder if they will ever make one for the the ZX1.

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #4,695 of 7,711
  Yes its been withdrawn :frowning2:
. Got it confirmed with sony tech.

You: Is that offer not available anymore or would I have to go personally to sony centre to grab that offer?
Jessica S: This was a limited offer, likely while stocks lasted, and the promotion has since ended.
You: Is there anyway I could still avail it as I was really interested in those?
Jessica S: Sadly not I am sorry. Once the stock is gone, they cannot be redeemed.

Were you going to use the free headphones with your player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back