Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Mar 2, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #3,978 of 7,711
>>user error more likely..

If iTunes is set to 'manually manage', meta data can result in files being moved away from folders you expect them to be in after importing. Found weeks later in Unknown Artist :)

I have every file in Alac for iPod, but Flac for serious use in a DAP or hifi use. Makes do as an extra backup as well, as easily converted from one format to the other if you should lose one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #3,980 of 7,711
Sorry for trying to help.

Many iTunes Users don't realise that they do not have embedded artwork. I teach computing round people's houses and iTunes is responsible for many misconceptions about how files are made up.

This + 100 times.
iTunes actually keeps a separate database of the metadata in a xml file and that is actually the one that gets updated more often than the tags in the file container, so just because you see "stuff" in iTunes when you open up the info panel it doesn't necessarily mean it is actually embedded into the file. FWIW the "create mp3 tag" option in Windows is also broken too, doesn't actually copy any stuff over and more likely than not screws with your existing tags.

Mar 3, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #3,981 of 7,711
Well I have officially purchased my Zx-1 hopefully this is the one I've returned 3 players since January chasing this certain sound now all I have to find in a lanyard and a silicon case or something

Mar 3, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #3,982 of 7,711
I'm getting the f887 in a few weeks, can it sufficiently power westone 4r?

I've heard the w4r are a bit power hungry but I figured since the walkman has a decent internal amp it'd be ok. Thanks for any input

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #3,983 of 7,711
  Question if'n I may... does anyone use the 'YUIN PK1 (130 ohms impedance)' with the ZX1, if so any thoughts on performance?

cheers for any advice.

The ZX1 has plenty of power to drive the PK1. I upgraded from the PK2 a few weeks ago for use in the office when I don't want sound-isolating IEMs. I haven't done any proper comparison against a more powerful amp but there were no obvious deficiencies when using them unamped. I'm also using them in low-gain mode on the PHA-2.

Mar 4, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #3,984 of 7,711
Well I have officially purchased my Zx-1 hopefully this is the one I've returned 3 players since January chasing this certain sound now all I have to find in a lanyard and a silicon case or something

... that "something" should be the 'period' key.....
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #3,986 of 7,711
I was hoping to get one of these from Dignis when I was still lusting after the ZX1....

Mar 4, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #3,990 of 7,711
Sean... cheers mate.:beerchug:  

I wrote to them earlier and they were saying it is still work in progress and due to the button bump it is much harder to make. Doesn't seem they have it for sale yet nor a price is mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back