SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Dec 4, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #1,591 of 7,541

What's the transfer speed on it?

I don't want to buy one and then find it isn't fast enough.

I Have a Sandisk 128GB USH-I Class 10 MicroSDXC and i get arround 25-30MB/s (note i dont have this player yet, but will ASAP as sony Mexico has it again on Stock)

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #1,592 of 7,541
My Dignis case has arrived. Very tight fit but absolutely great quality.

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #1,593 of 7,541
My Dignis case has arrived. Very tight fit but absolutely great quality.

Don't forget to put the ring strap first or it'll be a PITA to remove the case :p

Dec 5, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #1,595 of 7,541
Don't forget to put the ring strap first or it'll be a PITA to remove the case
tongue.gif

Doesn't matter. It is so tight that if I try to remove my A15 from the case with the strap, the string will snap. Take only a few seconds to go in, but a few minutes to remove.

I have just preordered for a black one direct from dignis, eta will ship next week, wed.
Does it feel better in the hand with the case?
I don't want to use it till the case arrives.

Definitely. Now it doesn't feel like it want to keep slipping out of my hand all the time.

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #1,597 of 7,541

with the 535 you'll get a little mid boost probably audible, but that shouldn't be a problem and anyway you can always EQ back.
but the other thing is, you will probably be able to hear the A10 hissing on silent passages. 
you're a little in the same situation as our buddy with the se846. they are very very sensitive IEMs and all sony daps have some matter of hissing. I personally wouldn't get the A10, or I would add a low impedance and low noise amp to it(when you find one you think will be good, ask around if it hisses on sensitive IEMs).

thanks... i was thinking about getting A15 for se535.
Local Sony store got a demo unit today, and I went to see it. The damn thing was bolted to stand so that you couldn't even change headphones to it. So i ques i wont be interested on it anyway anymore due to hiss.

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #1,598 of 7,541
What does normalize do? Seems to make everything louder.

What if I bought 8 64 gig micro cards to store my entire collection and use it for portable use with the a17. The only reason I picked 64 over 128 is that 64 gig cards are $25 right now and 128 micro will cost me at least $120.

Is there any point? I take one card out and put another card in: isnt the unit going to spend an hour processing the song list? I can't really see any way to swap cards without taking hours to update each card.

And when is 256 micro going to be released?

Dec 5, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #1,600 of 7,541
What does normalize do? Seems to make everything louder.

What if I bought 8 64 gig micro cards to store my entire collection and use it for portable use with the a17. The only reason I picked 64 over 128 is that 64 gig cards are $25 right now and 128 micro will cost me at least $120.

Is there any point? I take one card out and put another card in: isnt the unit going to spend an hour processing the song list? I can't really see any way to swap cards without taking hours to update each card.

And when is 256 micro going to be released?

Normalize according to sony.. adjust the volume level across tracks, so all tracks have a constant volume level...Kind of like ReplayGain or apple ipod soundcheck. with previous walkmans this never worked for me

I have the Sandisk 128GB microSD, bought it when it ocsted like $200 USD, buts fast and reliable.

I don't know why you say the walkman will take a "millenium" to update the song lists, my previous walkman experiences were pleaseantly fast, less than a minute, typically 5 to 10 seconds. Contrasting with a Fiio x3, this DAP took like 5 minutes to update the whole filled 128GB card

Hmm i odnt know when the 256GB cards will be available... maybe in a few years

Dec 5, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #1,602 of 7,541
I waited like 20 sec to get my 64 gb read , thats around 1/2-1/3 it took the x5

That's quick, so in a 128GB card it will take like a minute or so.. not bad

Do you recommend amping the A10?, do you find the sound of the A10 to be neutral or slightly colored to one side of the spectrum?

Dec 6, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #1,604 of 7,541
not to say you guys are wrong, but really have to make a difference between scanning a new card and booting up, and also look at the kind of card and what is the used space on it. because I find a few posts above very misleading.

hard boot on the sony(when you let it sleep more than a full day) will be ... IDK 30 or 40s I would guess? that almost never happens to me as I use it everyday.

the waking up(if you used the DAP the day before) is about 2sec.

and reading a new card will change depending on the card speed itself, and the kind of files you have. 9000 small mp3s might not be scanned at the same speed as 7 albums in 24/192. 
as a poor guy example I just tried 2 old and really bad cards I use only on my clips (class 10 blahblah and pretense of 40mo/s in reading which is BS TBH, at least on those 2cards), one with 20giga on it, the other with 28giga. and it took respectively 2mn and a little more than 2.30mn to scan them. 

so getting lots of 64giga isn't a bad idea per se, but do care for what card you're buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back