SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Dec 6, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #1,606 of 7,541
  not to say you guys are wrong, but really have to make a difference between scanning a new card and booting up, and also look at the kind of card and what is the used space on it. because I find a few posts above very misleading.

hard boot on the sony(when you let it sleep more than a full day) will be ... IDK 30 or 40s I would guess? that almost never happens to me as I use it everyday.

the waking up(if you used the DAP the day before) is about 2sec.

and reading a new card will change depending on the card speed itself, and the kind of files you have. 9000 small mp3s might not be scanned at the same speed as 7 albums in 24/192. 
as a poor guy example I just tried 2 old and really bad cards I use only on my clips (class 10 blahblah and pretense of 40mo/s in reading which is BS TBH, at least on those 2cards), one with 20giga on it, the other with 28giga. and it took respectively 2mn and a little more than 2.30mn to scan them. 

so getting lots of 64giga isn't a bad idea per se, but do care for what card you're buying.

you still dont take really long to scan , not really something thats "omg so bad ,million of year of scanning and booting up )

Dec 6, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #1,607 of 7,541
sure, I'm not criticizing the DAP at all. I was just saying that, so people wouldn't get disappointed from expecting magic super fast scans. but reality is certainly not bad.

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #1,608 of 7,541

Still burning in the amp, but the form factor of the new ALO National+ matches the A17 perfectly.  At least my initial impression of the National+ is quite positive - no hiss with my K10s (even at medium gain setting), better resolution and dynamics than the A17 as standalone, and the overall SQ signature reminds me of its bigger siblings, although with a smaller footprint.  The only issue I have is the large pop I hear when I turn on the amp.  I have to make sure to unplug the earphones before I can switch on/off the amp.

BTW, does anyone know where I could find better rubber/silicon band for holding the units together?  The ALO bands that came with the amp are way too big for this combo...

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #1,609 of 7,541
This week got the NWZ-A17. I am so on the fence.
Lows:The cheap plastic feel bothers me. Perhaps a case will help.
Hi-Res files from HD Tracks sound good, ALAC files are tinny. I don't have any MP3's. Some tracks sound muddy. I have a Fiio E17 that hope to pair if my line out cable ever arrives.
High:
With wav files it sound amazing.
The interface is so much better than X5 or iBasso 90.
The size is a real treat.

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #1,611 of 7,541
I tried senseme feature. It doesn't work. It only plays a few tracks from two albums, no matter what styke I pick. My 64 GB card is filled with albums. Why isn't this working?

Maybe you have to install Sony Media Go and scan your library (it automatically starts SensMe scanning)

Be ware spatzi... for me the SensMe took like 3 days to scan! (39, 614 tracks total)

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #1,612 of 7,541
Maybe you have to install Sony Media Go and scan your library (it automatically starts SensMe scanning)

Be ware spatzi... for me the SensMe took like 3 days to scan! (39, 614 tracks total)

Okay. Sounds like it's not worth it. I dont really care about this feature anyway.

Has anyone spotted a deal on 64 gig micro cards? I have not seen any decent sales on these lately. Cheapest I've seen is adata 64 gig for $26. or even 128 micro cards that are under $100.

Dec 6, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #1,613 of 7,541
I tried senseme feature. It doesn't work. It only plays a few tracks from two albums, no matter what styke I pick. My 64 GB card is filled with albums. Why isn't this working?

taken from a great guy's review that you didn't read

Sense Me:
To those not familiar with Sony "Sense Me" is a way to shuffle your songs while keeping a rhythm and a certain ambiance (slow mellow to fast punk tripping on speed). I find that to be really excellent and one reason I keep getting Sony DAPs. BUT!!!!!!!
For the DAP to know what song is what, it needs to scan them all and it takes like 2.4 times forever to be done and of course(where is the fun otherwise?), your DAP can't do anything while it's scanning.
I'm not joking so much , for 64 to be scanned it would take several hours, you can stop when you want but that's still too long for a gadget. so the other solution is yet another evil. you install Media Go on your computer and pre-scan your library. it's just as bad and will take 3.14 eternities if you have a big library, but at least with the computer you can do something else while the scan goes on.
I suggest you put what you plan to upload on the DAP(and only that) in a folder and give only that as your library path to Media GO, that way it should take less that a day(I'm laughing simply reading this, but sadly it's all true). once Media GO has scanned your files, if you upload them using Media GO(be stong!) then the DAP will get the information and never bother you with scanning the files to use them in Sense ME.
Or you can do like some many people and just forget that gadget ever existed. I sure would understand.

Dec 6, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #1,614 of 7,541
Okay. Sounds like it's not worth it. I dont really care about this feature anyway.

Has anyone spotted a deal on 64 gig micro cards? I have not seen any decent sales on these lately. Cheapest I've seen is adata 64 gig for $26. or even 128 micro cards that are under $100.

http://www.amazon.com/Performance-Speed-microSDHC-Memory--P-SDUX64U1-GE-A/dp/B00IEYG88M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1417890853&sr=8-2

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #1,617 of 7,541
How do I add files to the sd card when it's already in the a17? I hook up to pc but the Walkman only shows the internal storage folder. I don't see the sd card folder anywhere.

In the SD card settings there is an option to use either internal or microSD storage folder... i know that's dumb but well sony's chocie, i prefer to load my sd card via the pc card reader

Dec 7, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #1,619 of 7,541
  Can some kind soul please confirm if this line out cable is included?  

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.30p5gx&id=22537692207&ns=1&abbucket=13#detail

Thanks in advance.

What do you mean by 'included'? The only cable that comes with the A10 series is the USB cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back