SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Dec 7, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #1,636 of 7,541
The a10 series doesn't seem to scroll at any point,
the titles of albums are chopped off in album view.
However when within an album and viewing song titles, the a15 pops a window open above the title with its full information in view, this is a great feature.

Thanks nice to know that, Not a great deal just a minor annoyance, but definitely i will buy it

Dec 7, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #1,638 of 7,541
  i recommend trying compare wav with flac on this player. I didnt do blind testing, so i will keep my mouth shut, but... wav sounds better!

I know this is subjective, but I concur, I can hear a smidgen of a difference. The A10 is more revealing than the majority of sony walkmans I've heard.

Of course it's possible that sony does things to the decoder to highlight/enhance/exaggerate our perceived impression, which I suspect they also do with the DSEE HX algorithm. :p

Dec 7, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #1,639 of 7,541

The A10 is more revealing than the majority of sony walkmans I've heard.

Of course it's possible that sony does things to the decoder to highlight/enhance/exaggerate our perceived impression, which I suspect they also do with the DSEE HX algorithm. :p

This sounds promising after owning NW-E507, A818 And X1060, found them to be tad warm bassy, excepto for x1060 which i foudn to be the best sounding walkman on it's day

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #1,641 of 7,541

Still burning in the amp, but the form factor of the new ALO National+ matches the A17 perfectly.  At least my initial impression of the National+ is quite positive - no hiss with my K10s (even at medium gain setting), better resolution and dynamics than the A17 as standalone, and the overall SQ signature reminds me of its bigger siblings, although with a smaller footprint.  The only issue I have is the large pop I hear when I turn on the amp.  I have to make sure to unplug the earphones before I can switch on/off the amp.

BTW, does anyone know where I could find better rubber/silicon band for holding the units together?  The ALO bands that came with the amp are way too big for this combo...

Nice! What brand is that line out cable? Where did you buy it please? Thx!

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #1,642 of 7,541
Nice! What brand is that line out cable? Where did you buy it please? Thx!

No brand.  Just a DIY cable bought at an auction site in Japan.  

If you are interested, I have a similar cable for sale - a little bit longer but same SQ.  PM me if you are interested.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/744968/diy-wm-walkman-port-lod-to-3-5mm-mini

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #1,644 of 7,541
if you found most of the walkman rather bassy , and didnt like them , you will prolly like the a15

Nope, i never said i didn't like them, they sound better than iPods for sure
biggrin.gif
but yes they had somehow a little too much bass for my likes

Dec 8, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #1,645 of 7,541
My A17 is stuck on 'creating library' for the last hour. progress bar at 25%.  I only added two new albums. What do I do? I can't turn the unit off, and it does nothing when I hook it up to the PC.

...I found the reset button. It tries to create library again but gets stuck at the same point. Now what?

...took out sd card. Hit reset again. still won't finish creating library. the spinning wheel of lights does not spin.

Dec 8, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #1,646 of 7,541
  My A17 is stuck on 'creating library' for the last hour. progress bar at 25%.  I only added two new albums. What do I do? I can't turn the unit off, and it does nothing when I hook it up to the PC.

In the Back of the unit there is a tiny Hole that says RESET, pocke it with a bent paper clip

Dec 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #1,647 of 7,541

...I found the reset button. It tries to create library again but gets stuck at the same point. Now what?

do you have a miroSD in it? or in the internal flash memory? if so a microsd remove the SD card if those are on the internal memory try resetting while connected to pc, perhpas one of the song files is corrupted and got stuck trying to read corrupted data

Well connect it to the computer usb port, hit reset while connected to pc to see what happens, and if success try to remove songs from it. I had a walkman and it got in a reboot loop because the album art was in progressive JPG instead of baseline JPG, i deleted the offending tracks and it worked fine.

if none works then claim warranty

Dec 8, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #1,648 of 7,541

...took out sd card. Hit reset again. still won't finish creating library. the spinning wheel of lights does not spin.

Try resetting it while connected to the computer to see if it gets detected by windows or whatever compter you have, and delete the songs to see if that works

Dec 8, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #1,649 of 7,541
  do you have a miroSD in it? or in the internal flash memory? if so a microsd remove the SD card if those are on the internal memory try resetting while connected to pc, perhpas one of the song files is corrupted and got stuck trying to read corrupted data

Well connect it to the computer usb port, hit reset while connected to pc to see what happens, and if success try to remove songs from it. I had a walkman and it got in a reboot loop because the album art was in progressive JPG instead of baseline JPG, i deleted the offending tracks and it worked fine.

if none works then claim warranty

Yes, SD was removed. I read somewhere on sony site that you should first hold reset for at least ten seconds. if that does not work, plug into PC and hold reset for ten seconds. I finally got it unstuck by plugging into PC and holding reset for ten seconds. Will check folders now. Thanks.

When I disconnect walkman from PC using 'eject', it still shows 'connected to USB, please wait' on the walkman screen. is it safe to remove? How long should I wait? The PC message said 'safe to remove from USB'.

Dec 8, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #1,650 of 7,541

Yes, SD was removed. I read somewhere on sony site that you should first hold reset for at least ten seconds. if that does not work, plug into PC and hold reset for ten seconds. I finally got it unstuck by plugging into PC and holding reset for ten seconds. Will check folders now. Thanks.

When I disconnect walkman from PC using 'eject', it still shows 'connected to USB, please wait' on the walkman screen. is it safe to remove? How long should I wait? The PC message said 'safe to remove from USB'.

I click Safely remove hardware and i dont wait as long the popup of windows says safe to disconnect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back