SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Dec 8, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #1,652 of 7,541
  how long is it supposed to take for an SD card to 'create library'. I put in a 64 gb that is half full and after five minutes, progress bar is only half way. Is this normal?

My 128GB Sandisk only take less than a minute.  I think it is depending on the speed of your card.

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #1,656 of 7,541
While looking at the international no-noise-cancelling version from accessoryjack a15, I just bought a japanese a16 from nojima online, using kakaku. 

The price for a15 in accessory was $194, and nojima made a mysterious discount of 3.600 yen on checkout ; giving me a japanese a16 for the price of $170..!! : ) 

I am now waiting for tenso to ship my walkman from japan. ehehehe, guys, search well before buying & you may have some luck, too : )

Cheers!

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #1,657 of 7,541

Have you tried it with 15000 songs?

My 128gb card is 95% full and the A17 takes 1 minute and 40 seconds to scan and build a complete library.

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #1,658 of 7,541
....so getting lots of 64giga isn't a bad idea per se, but do care for what card you're buying.

I'm my own favorite author now that I'm old and ranting a lot.^_^

the only way I could "freeze" it was by removing the SD to put another one without using the "eject SD" option in the menu and putting the second SD back in without waiting for the ongoing library update to finish. I thought it was a dumb move but I did it to test the limits of the DAP(#science, why did you do it? because I could!).  didn't even have to reset to get it back working.
the other time I got stuck was with my crap fake card that reads fine but will crash like 10times when writing anything on it. and the obvious solution is to at the very least not upload on that card through the DAP.

so my serious advice is to get an ok card, not even talking about a great one, just not a fake product from ebay for 15$ when the card costs 3 times the price everywhere else. because we all think were swag when we get el cheapo card that will do the same as any other card, but this forum is full of people blaming DAPs for what are really just cards problems.

also avoid doing dumb stuff, or take a video of it
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #1,659 of 7,541
  While looking at the international no-noise-cancelling version from accessoryjack a15, I just bought a japanese a16 from nojima online, using kakaku. 

The price for a15 in accessory was $194, and nojima made a mysterious discount of 3.600 yen on checkout ; giving me a japanese a16 for the price of $170..!! : ) 

I am now waiting for tenso to ship my walkman from japan. ehehehe, guys, search well before buying & you may have some luck, too : )

Cheers!

Awesome! I wonder if A16 has the English menu option though.

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #1,664 of 7,541
I see A16 is being sold at Taobao China so I guess there's a good chance that the language options are there, otherwise you better go find a Japanese girlfriend. 

No English menu I have the Japanese a16 and all I use is the clearbass which is easy to find....I bought it for my Atrac files which sound sublime on the player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back