Sony NW-ZX300
Oct 11, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #12,440 of 12,862
Has anyone ever used true wireless earbuds with the zx300?

I'm thinking of dipping my toe in the wireless waters. Currently I use NF Audio NA2 IEM's and Hifiman Edition S over ears. Both wired into balanced. These will remain my main listening experience as I love them both with the Zx300.

It appears we have LDAC Bluetooth on the Zx300?, so I've been looking at getting a pair of LDAC supporting true wireless earbuds for convenience when pottering around or out walking. All my files are FLAC 16 and some 24 bit too.

The Sony MX4's seem to be a popular reference here, especially for active noise cancelling. A lot more than I want to pay though really.

Right now Anker Soundcore Liberty 3 pro has just hit the market. I've not read or seen a bad review yet. And at half the price of the Sony's, seem like an absolute no brainer.

Anyone any thoughts please?
Both on the subject of LDAC wireless with the Zx300, or any personal experience with the two wireless models mentioned above. Or even other recommendations (although I'm not going to pay silly money for wireless when I will still be listening wired for the most part).

Thanks.

Oct 17, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #12,442 of 12,862
https://www.scarbir.com/

Honest reviews on true wireless earbuds under $100

I've now also read your review that you just put up on the LP3'S, having clicked the link on the other thread. Excellent work!, Thanks.
I already had a pair on order so wasn't able to buy from your link I'm afraid, but thanks for the reviews nonetheless.

Oct 18, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #12,444 of 12,862
They are not my reviews. It's a site I came across whilst searching for budget iems.
Oh, ok. In that case, thanks for pointing the site out to me. He's a really good reviewer.

Oct 24, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #12,446 of 12,862
Hey guys, what hardcase do you guys recommend for storing the zx300? I want something to store the zx300 while carrying it on my backpack.

As for the device protective casing, I'd recommend Fatbear or Miter. For a carrying case, there are plenty of sources out there like THULE, Vessel, Ugreen, BUBM, and many others.

Oct 25, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #12,449 of 12,862
Has anyone ever used true wireless earbuds with the zx300?

I'm thinking of dipping my toe in the wireless waters. Currently I use NF Audio NA2 IEM's and Hifiman Edition S over ears. Both wired into balanced. These will remain my main listening experience as I love them both with the Zx300.

It appears we have LDAC Bluetooth on the Zx300?, so I've been looking at getting a pair of LDAC supporting true wireless earbuds for convenience when pottering around or out walking. All my files are FLAC 16 and some 24 bit too.

The Sony MX4's seem to be a popular reference here, especially for active noise cancelling. A lot more than I want to pay though really.

Right now Anker Soundcore Liberty 3 pro has just hit the market. I've not read or seen a bad review yet. And at half the price of the Sony's, seem like an absolute no brainer.

Anyone any thoughts please?
Both on the subject of LDAC wireless with the Zx300, or any personal experience with the two wireless models mentioned above. Or even other recommendations (although I'm not going to pay silly money for wireless when I will still be listening wired for the most part).

Thanks.
The WF-1000XM4 support LDAC but that is only for the wireless transmission.

The WF-1000XM4 is not High Res Audio certified (only wireless) because it does have tiny speakers and an pretty average sound.

The WI-1000XM2 sound world's better, it's really a difference of night and day and the XBA-N1 sound much better then the WI-1000XM2

So you're paying basically 1,5x price for much worse audio quality. The least thing to worry about is LDAC. The bottleneck are the speakers and not the Bluetooth codec

Also every smartphone (except iPhone) these days supports LDAC, I think I'd just use my smartphone rather than an DAP.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #12,450 of 12,862
The WF-1000XM4 support LDAC but that is only for the wireless transmission.

The WF-1000XM4 is not High Res Audio certified (only wireless) because it does have tiny speakers and an pretty average sound.

The WI-1000XM2 sound world's better, it's really a difference of night and day and the XBA-N1 sound much better then the WI-1000XM2

So you're paying basically 1,5x price for much worse audio quality. The least thing to worry about is LDAC. The bottleneck are the speakers and not the Bluetooth codec

Also every smartphone (except iPhone) these days supports LDAC, I think I'd just use my smartphone rather than an DAP.
i am not sure about that wf-1000xm4 sounded awesome (not as good as decent iems or even wh-1000xm3 though) via my nw-zx300 when i tested it, according to what hifi, best truely wireless ever, that's a statement in itself, but it's not cheap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back