Sony NW-ZX300
Oct 25, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #12,451 of 12,862
Hey guys, what hardcase do you guys recommend for storing the zx300? I want something to store the zx300 while carrying it on my backpack.
i think ckl nw-zx300 official leather cases is decent and durable enough for everyday usage, while it's not cheap, it's cheaper than dignis, but the main thing it protects and looks nice, added convenence of the buttons cutouts as well, the problem is that it's rather rare in usa and europe, but common in Hong kong and japan, thus, prices are cheap, even for brand new, i paid HK$180 and hk$100 for 2nd and 3rd spare cases on carosel, brand new and sealed as well

Oct 26, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #12,452 of 12,862
i am not sure about that wf-1000xm4 sounded awesome (not as good as decent iems or even wh-1000xm3 though) via my nw-zx300 when i tested it, according to what hifi, best truely wireless ever, that's a statement in itself, but it's not cheap
That's because all TWS sound like garbage.

They are the one eyed beyond the blind.

The XBA-N1 (which is considerable cheaper, but no NC TWS) sounds world's better. The bass, the mids, the highs, everything is just so much better.

And if your buy an good IEM like the FA9 and just buy an TWS adapter with them, they will sound world's better

Oct 26, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #12,453 of 12,862

The XBA-N1 (which is considerable cheaper, but no NC TWS) sounds world's better. The bass, the mids, the highs, everything is just so much better.

And if your buy an good IEM like the FA9 and just buy an TWS adapter with them, they will sound world's bette,

The WF-1000XM4 support LDAC but that is only for the wireless transmission.

The WF-1000XM4 is not High Res Audio certified (only wireless) because it does have tiny speakers and an pretty average sound.

The WI-1000XM2 sound world's better, it's really a difference of night and day and the XBA-N1 sound much better then the WI-1000XM2

So you're paying basically 1,5x price for much worse audio quality. The least thing to worry about is LDAC. The bottleneck are the speakers and not the Bluetooth codec

Also every smartphone (except iPhone) these days supports LDAC, I think I'd just use my smartphone rather than an DAP.
Thanks. Having now spent a bit of time with the Liberty 3 Pro TWS, in short, you're right, I may as well stick with my phone for listening on those, regarding sound quality.

However, for walking or pottering around without wires, and not being attached to the nagging of a phone, I will be using the DAP on Bluetooth at times. The ZX300 is beautifully pocketable and so are the LP3s for grab and go. I've paired them without issue, so it's a nice convenient option to have.
Oh, and of course you'd hope all TWS will sound like garbage when you compare them to IEM's in the price bracket of the FA9 :smile:

Oct 26, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #12,454 of 12,862
Thanks. Having now spent a bit of time with the Liberty 3 Pro TWS, in short, you're right, I may as well stick with my phone for listening on those, regarding sound quality.

However, for walking or pottering around without wires, and not being attached to the nagging of a phone, I will be using the DAP on Bluetooth at times. The ZX300 is beautifully pocketable and so are the LP3s for grab and go. I've paired them without issue, so it's a nice convenient option to have.
Oh, and of course you'd hope all TWS will sound like garbage when you compare them to IEM's in the price bracket of the FA9 :smile:
The 140€ FiiO FH3 sounds better then any TWS that exists.

It's an hot take, but that's my standpoint

Oct 26, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #12,455 of 12,862

I believe you. But the FH3s are not TWS. It's like comparing the Sony WH1000XM4 or B&W PX7 against a pair of wired headphones.

Oct 26, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #12,456 of 12,862

No need to convince me of the sound quality difference between TWS and wired. I'm in full agreement with you.

Oct 26, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #12,458 of 12,862
You can turn every MMCX Earphone into an TWS

https://fiio.com/utws3
i have those. it's not the same. native TWS are there for the convenience, lightweight and often water+dust proof. I am not risking my CIEMs with sweat/rain.

i get your point, there are IEMs better than TWS. That's for sure. I am just saying you are not comparing apples to apples.

Oct 27, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #12,459 of 12,862
hi, may I know what is the difference of v1, v2 and normal mode? Someone might ady asked it but, sorry, hopefully there is someone could explain abit here. Appreciate.

Oct 27, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #12,460 of 12,862
Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #12,461 of 12,862

And if your buy an good IEM like the FA9 and just buy an TWS adapter with them, they will sound world's better

Lypertek Tevi is better than some wired IEMs I've tried. Well, at least for my preference.

Maybe giving specific examples will help in supporting your claim. Still, stating such claim sounds like you're preaching an absolute truth which is arguably a debatable one. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #12,462 of 12,862
There are SUV that outperform sports cars. Still Formula 1 is not driven with SUV

Also I was talking about Earphone mostly. A professional device that is meant for monitoring of course sounds different than am Earphone that is designed solely for fun.

There are IEM that can be tuned to have a fun sound like the FA9 or IEMs that have an ""fun"" sound out of the box like the IER-M9 but most IEM sound just boring and flat or have random peaks to help the artist understand announcements he gets.

IEMs are designed for monitoring in the end and not for listening to music

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #12,463 of 12,862
There are SUV that outperform sports cars. Still Formula 1 is not driven with SUV

Also I was talking about Earphone mostly. A professional device that is meant for monitoring of course sounds different than am Earphone that is designed solely for fun.

There are IEM that can be tuned to have a fun sound like the FA9 or IEMs that have an ""fun"" sound out of the box like the IER-M9 but most IEM sound just boring and flat or have random peaks to help the artist understand announcements he gets.

IEMs are designed for monitoring in the end and not for listening to music

Unfortunately, discussions across head-fi tackle IEMs for both monitoring and "fun" listening. If stated earlier that your were talking about monitoring IEMs in particular, then I would have agreed. Anyways, I haven't encountered any TWS IEM solely intended for monitoring. Most of those existing in the market are intended for fun listening. If there's any for monitoring, I'd be glad to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back